HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

We'll see how they improve it as the weeks go by :) I tried again today, and I didn't reallk notice a huge tone down in brightness on my outfit. I think that's more to do with solomon recolors not working though, as all the recolor spots on my outfit were bright lime green.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

while the citadel is technically functionally loading now, we discovered that the loading errors that were previously causing failsafe crashes were resulting from incomplete texture expression, leading to some strange alteration in coloring and placement of objects that you notice if you get closer to the objects

citadel1_zps6289b0e0.png

on the other hand, this was what you wanted, right? depressing grey bits?

Personally, I think that screenshot is the epitime of RuneScape, it looks fantastic and I think anyone who where to say "I play this game" wouldn't be laughed at with graphics like that.

Jagex in my opinion are changing the whole "I play RuneScape" (the other person now won't laugh). Well done to Jagex (seriously). Such a remarkable achievement.

I'd like to hear workers say how they truly feel about this (people like Mark who has been there since Classic) I'd like to ask them this;

Did you ever, back when you started think that RuneScape could ever look that nice? I'm sure all of them (even Andrew himself) would say no.

• Like 2

GFAT0LL.png

This still happens, but more often and stays visible for much longer due to extra long loading times.

Personally, I think that screenshot is the epitime of RuneScape, it looks fantastic and I think anyone who where to say "I play this game" wouldn't be laughed at with graphics like that.

Jagex in my opinion are changing the whole "I play RuneScape" (the other person now won't laugh). Well done to Jagex (seriously). Such a remarkable achievement.

I'd like to hear workers say how they truly feel about this (people like Mark who has been there since Classic) I'd like to ask them this;

Did you ever, back when you started think that RuneScape could ever look that nice? I'm sure all of them (even Andrew himself) would say no.

Yeah, but the vast majority of RS haters don't even know that even RS HD was released in 2008.

Most probably still think it's click-and-wait combat and bad graphics, because it's all they remember.

GFAT0LL.png

This still happens, but more often and stays visible for much longer due to extra long loading times.

There's lots of weird interface stuff going on, but at the end of the day does it even matter? The current interface isn't designed or adapted for the html5 rs. It's effectively a placeholder until the alpha of the new interface gets to a stage where it can be merged for a complete beta.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Did I say it was problematic either?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really think Jagex should launch an ad campaign that shows what RuneScape is really like now. No cinematic stuff, just shots of players playing the game in full HD. Make it so that all of those people who laugh at it because it's slow and has bad graphics and a terrible combat system know that it's not that kind of game anymore. I can guarantee that a ton of people will start playing again when they realize it doesn't suck.

• Like 8

I really think Jagex should launch an ad campaign that shows what RuneScape is really like now. No cinematic stuff, just shots of players playing the game in full HD. Make it so that all of those people who laugh at it because it's slow and has bad graphics and a terrible combat system know that it's not that kind of game anymore. I can guarantee that a ton of people will start playing again when they realize it doesn't suck.

There is still EoC problems they need to correct, but after that, I fully agree.

Especially considering this is a browser game.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I posted that screenshot as a "hehe that's funny" screenshot, not as a "the interface sucks" message.

More hehe funny shots

recruitbase.png

shipyardbase.png

Also seriously where has all the water gone in HTML5

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I posted that screenshot as a "hehe that's funny" screenshot, not as a "the interface sucks" message.

And I did not say otherwise. I merely took the oppourtunity of the interface being brought up to mention that it was bound to do many weird things as it was in no way adapted for the new engine.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You can zoom in and out with a scroll wheel. Very slowly.

Testing it soon... I hope it's a decent zoom.

You can only downsize the interface by hitting CTRL+scroll wheel.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I might have to eat my words. When I tried the beta client today (I was going to orb of oculus spy on priffidinas, but as noted that's been disabled) the zoom feature wasn't working. However I am positive that it was working on release day, so either the location fouled it up, they disabled it, or I am just a little bit crazy.

I might have to eat my words. When I tried the beta client today (I was going to orb of oculus spy on priffidinas, but as noted that's been disabled) the zoom feature wasn't working. However I am positive that it was working on release day, so either the location fouled it up, they disabled it, or I am just a little bit crazy.

It wasn't working for me either so I think they've just disabled it for now.

It never worked for me, I think Randox was being crazy.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Guest Smelly Paws

I still cannot login. I keep getting the 'unexpected login response try a different world. Has anyone seen any info on this as there's a number of people who had the same problem on RSOF but I've seen nothing posted officially about that particular problem. Any help would be useful thanks. :smile:

I had the unexpected log in the second time I went to get into the beta. Something about changing world, which was fantastic becuase you need to log in to do that. For me, it fixed itself, though you could always try clearing the browser cache I suppose. That's fixed every other problem I've had logging into RuneScape I think.