HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

That makes sense considering that they said java client will still be supported, as the new interface has too much advantage to be optional.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Beta updates have been quiet this week so far, hopefully this means they are working on a larger one that will make a decent dent in the fps issues.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I got one too. Regardless of it being on a separate sever, if it's running with RS3 (which it most probably will be) it'll be unplayable anyway.

It won't be at first.

dChMwXO.png

Nice, that's good to know. Looking forward to this now.

Sylpheed.png

I could've swore they said in one bts, that all members got alpha layout access when it was opened and was going onto live game instead of separate server...still awaiting my email about it...didn't get into rs3 beta either.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

No. Alpha one was always its own server.. that one is more likely to provide crashes and stupid xp glitches than the HTML5 one ever could.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Gold members are automatically in, right?

I am about 50% sure they did. Well at least I did.

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Guest Smelly Paws

I had the unexpected log in the second time I went to get into the beta. Something about changing world, which was fantastic becuase you need to log in to do that. For me, it fixed itself, though you could always try clearing the browser cache I suppose. That's fixed every other problem I've had logging into RuneScape I think.

I've still been having problems but someone has advised it could be something to do with my JAG settings. Not sure how true this is but I'll take a look at it later. I could't find the thread where I'd seen the previous posts about it so that didn't help matters :sad:

It's a shame I have two finals tomorrow. Otherwise I'd be starring down the RS homepage all day for the Alpha.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Has anyone tried accessing it yet? When I do, I get a 404 error. Must not be ready yet...

29386_s.gif

23/04 - 16:45

-Fixed a major cause of slowdown in busy areas (friends list related)

-Optimised some bounding calculations

-Added a content download network tracker to 'displayfps'

-Added player head icons (prayer/PK etc)

-Added player customisation colouring/texturing

-Fixed chat in chat box offset issue

-Fixed scripting crash with display names

-Fixed crash on selecting to join a friend in another world

-Fixed crash for NPCs without chat heads

-Fixed missing items in Grand Exchange search

-Fixed compass graphic scaling

Bit late but still relevant.

Everything is soo close.

Use the scroll wheel and zoom out!

Can't wait till I get home!!!

I am on a laptop. I don't have a scroll wheel

29386_s.gif

So is there still 5 action bars? I remember from some screeny a while back that had 7 on the bar number, though it may have just been a placeholder.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I must be bad luck Brian or something. I got it to zoom in on accident and now I'm stuck. :L

EDIT: I changed layouts then logged in and out. Got it to work. zoom me out. It appears I can only zoom in.

• Like 1

29386_s.gif