Tweaks they NEED to add..

Wkw

Untradables destroyed when dropped in the wilderness!!!

It's so... Unbalanced, to be able to use fighter torso, void, fcape, defenders, penance helm... All superior to alternatives and FREE to use infinitely.

It makes the low risk fights significantly lower risk which in turn makes PVP much less profitable as the prices of supplies doesn't change.

To give you an example of just how drastic it is:

>50K risk

Whip (Protection prayer)

Void

Fire cape

Rune Defender

Strength amulet

Climbing boots

DDS

>100k risk

as above but with rune plate legs, rune gloves, fighter torso, penance helm.

The first build is much more damaging with some defense sacrificed than using a much more expensive no untradable zerk build, and the 2nd one is objectively better than the much more expensive no untradable zerk build.

It's fun to fight using your untradables, sure, but that is what things like duel arena and castle wars are for. This is seriously ruining the potential for profitable pking for anything other than dharokers.

CNqWHdA.jpg

It's so... Unbalanced, to be able to use fighter torso, void, fcape, defenders, penance helm... All superior to alternatives and FREE to use infinitely.

It makes the low risk fights significantly lower risk which in turn makes PVP much less profitable as the prices of supplies doesn't change.

>50K risk

Whip (Protection prayer)

Void

Fire cape

Rune Defender

Strength amulet

Climbing boots

DDS

>100k risk

The first build is much more damaging with some defense sacrificed than using a much more expensive no untradable zerk build, and the 2nd one is objectively better than the much more expensive no untradable zerk build.

Seriously. It's fun to fight using your untradables, sure, but that is what things like dual arena and castle wars are for. This is seriously ruining the potential for profitable pking for anything other than dharokers.

I think the best solution would be to make all of the untradables tradable, yet unequippable without completing the requirements to obtain them in the first place. Similar to dragon weaponry. I imagine fighter torsos, void, and fire capes would be worth a healthy amount of money.

But yeah, that's the main reason why I quit PK'ing back in the day. Wasn't worth the risk.

Fun fact: the reason you can't open/close the doors in Lumb castle is because people used to go to world 18 and spam close the doors there to prevent people from getting their untradables back

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

It doesn't register an IP. If it registered an IP, 99% of home users who shut off their internet daily would have to reactivate JAG every day. It registers a PC.

I can register JAG on my desktop, but if I log in from my laptop on the same IP, I'd have to register it.

But if you go to log on from somewhere else, you'll have to register again. Even from the same computer/laptop.

I've only ever had this problem when I changed operating systems or used a different browser.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

>50K risk

Whip (Protection prayer)

Void

Fire cape

Rune Defender

Strength amulet

Climbing boots

DDS

>100k risk

It's fun to fight using your untradables, sure, but that is what things like duel arena and castle wars are for. This is seriously ruining the potential for profitable pking for anything other than dharokers.

True, but only if you PK at edge... Zzz.

Also, the higher level you pk at the less viable void becomes to PK with. I remember PKing with void on a maxed barrows 'pure' during PvP world era and even with an ags it really wasn't too OP - The amount you had to eat vs a player in torags with whip and dds/claws reminded me of the playstyle for a 1 def pure... a few unlucky 0's and you're seriously on the backfoot, because the enemy is hitting reliably on your low def. Void is REALLY for darkbow rushing and easymode bridding.

Make untradables drop coins? Probably more likely to happen than making them tradable...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I'm all for having untradables vanish on death in the wild

Maybe not vanish if you aren't skulled. If skulled, they'd go poof.

I'm also in favor of making BA things/void tradable. That is a good idea. The first time you buy it you buy "right to use X plus a free X"

Also.. when they add things.. THEY NEED TO ADD THE RANGE/MAGE PIETY EQUILIVANT

It kind of peeved me when they made them a reward to dungeoneering, and then even more so when they removed it as a reward, refunded the points, and gave it to people who had unlocked piety.

At the very least, add a spur off miniquest to unlock them. After you unlock piety,

Merlin tells you to go to the wizards guild and see if you can best a few battlemages who have weaknesses to iban blast, each god spell, and each strike, bolt, blast, and wave. Beat them, you get the magic one.

Merlin tells you to go to the ranger's guild and best a few elite archers, each of which are weak to bows, crossbows, darts, knives, throwing axes, and javelins.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

"Piety for range"

Problem with range is that it's not designed with PVP in mind at all. The dark bow has the KO power to 1 hit most people and you really don't want to make it even higher, while every other range tool has terrible PK power relative to melee and could use a buff.

Make range piety, but nerf the dbow so it's max is 40-40 but it's more accurate or faster or something.

"Edge PVP is bad" You can get into a fight with set rules (no protection prayers, no teams, no farcasting, tele when out, etc..) This is really good for a lot of people, and it's a large part of PVP, just because you prefer another part of the wild doesn't mean that edge pkers should suffer from a silly drop system.

Your thing about Void... Yeah, it has lower defense, this is a fact. It's still incredibly imbalanced in void's favour if it's risking 50k a pop VS these relatively expensive torags or rune people. Forget the DDS and they essentially risk a strength amulet and 5k gp rune gloves.

CNqWHdA.jpg

>50K risk

Whip (Protection prayer)

Void

Fire cape

Rune Defender

Strength amulet

Climbing boots

DDS

>100k risk

Seriously. It's fun to fight using your untradables, sure, but that is what things like dual arena and castle wars are for. This is seriously ruining the potential for profitable pking for anything other than dharokers.

I think the best solution would be to make all of the untradables tradable, yet unequippable without completing the requirements to obtain them in the first place. Similar to dragon weaponry. I imagine fighter torsos, void, and fire capes would be worth a healthy amount of money.

But yeah, that's the main reason why I quit PK'ing back in the day. Wasn't worth the risk.

Fun fact: the reason you can't open/close the doors in Lumb castle is because people used to go to world 18 and spam close the doors there to prevent people from getting their untradables back

Yes.. yes.. so much yes.

• Like 2

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

"Piety for range"

Problem with range is that it's not designed with PVP in mind at all. The dark bow has the KO power to 1 hit most people and you really don't want to make it even higher, while every other range tool has terrible PK power relative to melee and could use a buff.

Make range piety, but nerf the dbow so it's max is 40-40 but it's more accurate or faster or something.

"Edge PVP is bad" You can get into a fight with set rules (no protection prayers, no teams, no farcasting, tele when out, etc..) This is really good for a lot of people, and it's a large part of PVP, just because you prefer another part of the wild doesn't mean that edge pkers should suffer from a silly drop system.

Your thing about Void... Yeah, it has lower defense, this is a fact. It's still incredibly imbalanced in void's favour if it's risking 50k a pop VS these relatively expensive torags or rune people. Forget the DDS and they essentially risk a strength amulet and 5k gp rune gloves.

Rigour was added with dungoneering, quite a bit before EoC. Darkbow rushing wasn't considered OPOPOP KILL IT OP! when it came out

I really want auto-add to compost bin.

And I would welcome alter sacrifice-all as well, it really is too much strain on the hands.

I wish they made all afkable skills more consistent too, some things have make 1, 5, 10, x, some have 1, 5, all, etc. Everything should have 1, x, all. (Unless there's some item in particular where it's better to have a set number like 5 or 10? None come to mind though).

Like fletching... only make 'x' for cutting but it has 'all' for stringing (I think), I mean why?

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

They need to fix smith-x. The game basically comes to a halt while youre smithing. Cant log out, stats dont drain, etc till youve finished smithing

They are workign on that

I'm not a big fan of new prayer idea. Dark Bow and ancients are already extremely powerful. Adding those prayers would make dark bow and ancients way too powerful which would require another rework to balance it, etc etc till it's not the same game at all. It's called meleescape for a reason, just suck it up. If you want an attempted balanced triangle, they spent 6 months or more developing one I believe, feel free to go try it out and tell me how good they are at balancing. I refuse to let Jagex try to balance anything in this game.

As for those complaining about no risk because of untradeables, get out of edge wild, or train your levels till you're high enough where people use barrows, or learn to use smite, or DM people with a requirement of a cash stack. Untradeables are a pretty big risk too, if you die with fire cape and someone freezes you on your way back to it (happened to me) then bye bye 2 hours and a good bit of supplies getting it back.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

When I'm in a clan chat on OS, and people in the CC use quick chat in the CC, you can't see it, that needs to get fixed.

A right click option for spirit trees

Ability to spin more than one fairy ring at a time, and turn counterclockwise

Ability to get more than 1 fire cape

Add Range Strength into the equipment interface

A game "filter" setting

Auto-refil on the ectophile

When you level up, rather than trying to tell you what you unlocked through the Chat interface, which usually gets interrupted, have it the way where your skill icon flashes, and you click it to see.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

When I'm in a clan chat on OS, and people in the CC use quick chat in the CC, you can't see it, that needs to get fixed.

A right click option for spirit trees

Ability to spin more than one fairy ring at a time, and turn counterclockwise

Ability to get more than 1 fire cape

Add Range Strength into the equipment interface

A game "filter" setting

Auto-refil on the ectophile

When you level up, rather than trying to tell you what you unlocked through the Chat interface, which usually gets interrupted, have it the way where your skill icon flashes, and you click it to see.

Agree so much about fairy rings...

Not so much about auto ecto-refilling, multiple fire-capes, nor flashing skill icons.

Also need to consider that updates need to be minor as hell. Jagex haven't really said much about how much they are able to change interfaces. Like for example how for we got the toggleroof command instead of adding a button.

I must say I really like the idea of more commands instead of building interfaces. Makes me feel like I'm playing a game held together by duct-tape in someones garage, which is an awesome feeling.

If they did another poll for the mouse-wheel camera movement, but made it optional with a ::togglewheel command, I think it would probably pass.

LgEZt.png

I think pkers didn't want the scroll wheel to pass because it's much faster than using the arrow keys.

idk

Not a big fan of Offer-X, but not opposed to it either.

Wouldn't really want the flashing skill icons, especially with the changes that would come to the level up dialogue boxes.

Status globes are way out for me lol.

Don't really want bank tabs either, seem to prefer regularly sorting a long bank.

Tool leprechauns noting produce - maybe.

I'd really like the autojoin CC option.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ooh ability to spin the fairy ring code faster so much! That's very frustrating as it is.

"Rigour dark bow wasn't op" ...Well yes as it had to compete with turmoil dragon claws with +8 str rings, cape, +4 boots, +2 legs. And lots of life point boosts or damage reduction armour.

What it boils down to is that the dark bow with rigour is more than capable of hitting quite a bit over 990 in OS. Unless you're constantly brewed up, you could be killed out of nowhere at any given moment. Not only is this a real possibility, there will be 100's more people trying to make it happen, which is really bad for the PK community as everyone hates rushers.

• Like 2

CNqWHdA.jpg

Not so much about auto ecto-refilling, multiple fire-capes, nor flashing skill icons.

What about these 3 don't you agree with?

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

What about these 3 don't you agree with?

...Right? I don't understand why anyone would actually be against these, ecto and flashing are purely convenience or visual aid, and the fact you can't have multiple fire capes is a weird annoyance probably put in place to avoid a glitch where you got multiple capes per cave, or something like that, which is obviously no longer a problem.

This whole "I hate easy scape i think having an inventory is OP, we should be forced to wear bronze daggers at all times" is getting old.

CNqWHdA.jpg

It boils down purely to preference I think. I'm not a fan of the cluttered level up dialogue box (half of it is CLICK THE FLASHING ICON TO SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW); the current version looks and feels cleaner.

Ectophial refill is not a big deal either way to me; it's not terrible to get back if you forget it (and once you do, you'll never forget it again :P).

Multiple fire capes - I simply preferred the idea of the fire cape being something that would require much investment to obtain, and that losing it should feel like a major setback as you drag your ass to the Fight caves again. If it turned to coins when you died or something, sure, it'd be nice to be able to own multiple fire capes (since you can't run back to reclaim it), but it feels like having a stack of fire capes in your bank trivialises it. Also not a fan of the placeholder mentality.

Again, these are just preference points.

6Ij0n.jpg

"Placeholder mentality"...

What does that even mean? You literally require placeholders to have an organized bank.

I do understand your point about maing you suffer through getting a new cape when you lose it, I don't agree that's a good thing, but i know what you mean.

They need to make it vanish completely in wildy first and foremost, though, otherwise there is no loss in the first place.

• Like 1

CNqWHdA.jpg

I love the idea of making untradeables tradeable just because I would be able to make money from selling Torso's to people which would probably be ridiculously overpriced because of how slow most people are at BA.

But the most important tweak they need to add is more bank space.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

"Placeholder mentality"...

What does that even mean? You literally require placeholders to have an organized bank.

It is what it literally says? The feeling that you need a duplicate of every item just for the sake of organisation. If you take out your only item to use, you can just drag it back to the spot.

6Ij0n.jpg

It would be cool if you were able to make pseudo placeholders in your bank so only that item can ever go into that slot. You take your firecape out the bank and there is a greyed out firecape left in the same slot so your other items don't move.

...That's actually a really good idea.

• Like 1

CNqWHdA.jpg