26-April-2013: Squeal of Fortune: Starfire & Starfury Weapons

ACK

Miners throughout Gielinor are uncovering a mysterious new element: starlight ore, as well as even more precious and rare starborn diamonds. On top of that, monsters have been dropping blueprints for extraordinary new starfire weapons.

For the next twelve days, most mining tasks in the game will have a chance to yield the ore needed to forge these spectacular new weapons. The blueprints can be obtained as drops from most monsters in the game, and - for members - there's a chance to pick up the diamonds when mining, too.

You can also pick up starlight ore, the blueprints and starborn diamonds on the Squeal of Fortune during this time.

Ivar at the Artisans' Workshop can forge the new weapons for you, in exchange for the necessary ore and blueprints. If you're a RuneScape member, he can also embed a a starborn diamond into any starfire weapon, upgrading it to an amazing starfury weapon.

You’ll find starlight ore, starborn diamonds ,blueprints and even starfury weapons on the Squeal of Fortune and across Gielinor between Friday 26th April 00:00 GMT and Monday 6th May 23:59 GMT.

Deadline: Any unused ore, blueprints and diamonds will disappear from the game on Monday 20th May. You’ll be reminded of this in game, during the preceding week.

You can purchase spins by clicking ‘Add Spins’ in the Squeal of Fortune interface. Don’t forget that members get two daily spins instead of one, and can wield the mighty starfury weapons!

For further details - or if you have any other questions - take a look at our FAQ.

The RuneScape Team

- FAQ -

What do I need to make the weapons, and how do I do it?

To create a starfire weapon, bring 10,000 starlight ore and any of the three sets of blueprints to the Artisans' Workshop in Falador and speak to Ivar. You can also upgrade any starfire weapon to a starfury weapon (a members-only version with higher level ranges and an adorned look) by bringing it - along with a starborn diamond - to Ivar on a members' world.

What weapons can I get?

There's a choice of two-handed sword, a shortbow and a staff.

Do they need to be the right blueprints for the right weapons?

Yes. There are separate blueprints for the three weapon types.

Do I need a certain skill level to use starfire or starfury weapons?

The weapons are designed to be useful for players of a wide range of levels, and can be wielded right from level 1. Like other weapons available during past Squeal of Fortune releases, you can change the stats and required level of the weapons with a right click. Level ranges for the weapons are as follows:

Starfire: 1, 10, 20, 30.

Starfury: 1, 20, 40, 60.

How many can I have?

You can have one of each type.

Are they tradeable?

No.

Do I need to be a member?

Free players can pick up ore and blueprints or win them on the Squeal of Fortune, and make starfire weapons. However, starborn diamonds and starfury weapons are members-only items.

What activities will get me the parts I need for the weapons?

Most mining activities have a chance to yield starlight ore. That chance is increased if you're mining a shooting star. If you're a member, there's also a chance to pick up starborn diamonds while mining.

The blueprints have a chance to drop from most monsters in the game.

You can get any of these parts on the Squeal of Fortune.

You can obtain the items through any of these methods until 23:59 GMT on Monday the 6th of May 2013.

What if I don't want to make the weapons, or if I have stuff left over after the promotion?

Ivar will take any unwanted starlight ore you have, in exchange for modest amounts of Mining or Smithing XP. Don't forget that it'll disappear from the game on the 20th of May, though!

Help! I lost my starfire/starfury weapon!

Not to worry - Diango can return it to you for a fee of gold coins. The cost will vary, depending on the weapon's highest level requirement that you meet. Note that you can only retrieve a starfury weapon from Diango on a members' world.

EDIT: FAQ was added.

Seeing as it doesn't say in the news post, you need 10k ores to make a weapon.

thought my 1.5k is enough =p

still need the diamond and blueprint

they're level 60 weapons at the highest

so

basically that

WEAK, WEAK!!!! they should bring it to 80 or 85 =p

And have RS erupt in riot, yet again?

At least let me get my last scroll before they do that!

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I'm slightly confused, is this an event for some crazy American holiday or something like that? Otherwise why would they make content only last for 1 month :?

'cus there is news says shooting stars is gonna hit the earth, so they hit Runescape world before real world =p

Seeing as it doesn't say in the news post, you need 10k ores to make a weapon.

thought my 1.5k is enough =p

still need the diamond and blueprint

they're level 60 weapons at the highest

so

basically that

WEAK, WEAK!!!! they should bring it to 80 or 85 =p

That is the worst idea ever.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

They missed a chance to do a decent mining and smithing update. Instead more lame, usless, limited time sof items.

• Like 4

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

They missed a chance to do a decent mining and smithing update. Instead more lame, usless, limited time sof items.

Could be a prelude to a mining/smithing update. Thou I seriously doubt that.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

This.

Not even bothering. Although i'll probably stock up on the ores to rip people off when it's only a few days left and exchange the rest for measly exp.

Yay 8)

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I have not practical use for them at t60. But fashionscape man...they don't look to bad.

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I am keeping my ores to make them too. I am going to use lrc to level my smithing and mining, and I'll reach 99 mining long before I get close with smithing, so the extra mining xp is of no use to me

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

it's not like you can't already buy a godsword at the same price as an umbrella at a convenience store

dam where can you buy umbrellas that cheap

• Like 3

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I am keeping my ores to make them too. I am going to use lrc to level my smithing and mining, and I'll reach 99 mining long before I get close with smithing, so the extra mining xp is of no use to me

I'll probably have to leave LRC and do some semi-old school mining for the diamonds. Slayer for blue prints of course. I don't have many quest left and SOF doesn't act too kind to me.

29386_s.gif

Has anyone else realized that the weapons (at least the lvl 40 and lvl 60 starfury weapons) are inferior to their counterparts? Ivl 60 starfury sword for example has 1296 attack and 1041 accuracy, but the D2H, which has the same attack requirement ans is also a 2h sword, has 1341 attack and 1147 accuracy. Is this just a ploy to make people who don't use places like the wiki spend tons of money? FOr me it just is an excuse to mine for 2 weeks for extra mining and smithing xp

I got a diamond while mining a rune ore in F2P. Examine says something to the effect of "login in P2P to use this".

Does anyone know if the ores come like gems (chance every swing) or if there is a chance every time you get an ore? And do better ores give higher chances (EDIT: just got 193 in one hour powermining ess)?

I am pretty sure it's like gems, since I have never seen I get a proper ore and starlight ore at the same time.

tim_chenw2.png