26-April-2013: Squeal of Fortune: Starfire & Starfury Weapons

ACK

Just bought 30k starlight ore (lol) since I got the fury diamond thing from sof. Now just need the blue prints and with luck 2 more diamonds, about time I get to do some combat outside of dung before compl. lol...

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Yeah I'm going to probably slay all day on the weekend to get the blueprints. I might make all three, but I'm digging the bows look most.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

d5Oz93c.jpg

All I can think about with regards to their choice of name for the weapons.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Has anyone else realized that the weapons (at least the lvl 40 and lvl 60 starfury weapons) are inferior to their counterparts? Ivl 60 starfury sword for example has 1296 attack and 1041 accuracy, but the D2H, which has the same attack requirement ans is also a 2h sword, has 1341 attack and 1147 accuracy. Is this just a ploy to make people who don't use places like the wiki spend tons of money? FOr me it just is an excuse to mine for 2 weeks for extra mining and smithing xp

tumblr_m2viizIqzK1qietx9.jpg

• Like 6

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yes.

Have fun paying ~782m for enough ore to get 13,034,431 exp though.

Some probabily will, but no doubt that prospect in itself also vastly increased GP from spins during the span of this promotion...

Honestly I don't like how any of the weapons look. Well, at least not enough to put any effort into obtaining them.

My question is, why does JaGEx continue to release cosmetic outfits on the SoF, rather than cosmetic overrides? Obviously they'll make a bit more money if someone really wants to keepsake an item, but I figure that most people who care about cosmetics have already used their keepsake slots. Having items that are otherwise cosmetic - and that does pretty much include star weapons - come straight off the Squeal as overrides would be quite a bit more incentivizing to spin for. That especially includes items that can't be keepsaked anyway, like these weapons.

2dgucz6.png

Anyone got pics of the Starfire/Starfury weapons?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I made a starfire staff, changed stats, and now it's starfury... Didn't have any gem things... :blink:

Gonna make a sword later, see if the same happens again.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]