Reccomended stats for pures and different kinds?

THE most efficient build is 60 attack 99 strength 40 defense 94 mage 31 prayer. (87-90cb depending on lifepoints)

You wear:

• Fighter hat (can pick up after death) - Gives +5 melee accuracy and rune full helm stats
  • Fighter torso (can pick up after death - Gives + 4 strength and rune plate stats
  • Fire cape (can pick up after death) - Gives +4 strength +1 all accuracy
  • Rune defender (can pick up after death) - Gives +5 strength +19 slash accuracy
  • Rune gloves (Barrows are not worth it for this tier of risk)
  • Climbing boots
  • Recoil ring
  • Strength amulet
  • Rune platelegs
  • Dragon scimmy (protection prayer keeps this)
  • DDS

Or get 70 attack 99 strength 70 defense 94 magic 31 prayer and use dharoks if you want to risk/make some serious money from PVP, Still use scimmy as primary weapon so you keep your perfect attack and defense stats.

Getting higher prayer is not too detrimental but 31 is truly the BEST for an OPTIMAL pk build.

• Like 1

CNqWHdA.jpg

I'm a big fan of smite, in order to get whips.. It really just depends what style you enjoy. I personally hate low level pking because the gain is very little and the fights are too short, so I avoid 1 defense pures. Can you be more specific about what you're exactly looking for? Which style do you enjoy, which levels do you like to play at, do you want your account to be able to do other in game activities like KQ or DK's, etc. It's almost entirely preference.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

This is a ridiculously subjective question...

Short answer: There is no 'most effective'. Depends where and how you enjoy pking...

THE most efficient build is 60 attack 99 strength 40 defense 94 mage 31 prayer. (87-90cb depending on lifepoints)

You wear:

• Fighter hat (can pick up after death) - Gives +5 melee accuracy and rune full helm stats
  • Fighter torso (can pick up after death - Gives + 4 strength and rune plate stats
  • Fire cape (can pick up after death) - Gives +4 strength +1 all accuracy
  • Rune defender (can pick up after death) - Gives +5 strength +19 slash accuracy
  • Rune gloves (Barrows are not worth it for this tier of risk)
  • Climbing boots
  • Recoil ring
  • Strength amulet
  • Rune platelegs
  • Dragon scimmy (protection prayer keeps this)
  • DDS

Or get 70 attack 99 strength 70 defense 94 magic 31 prayer and use dharoks if you want to risk/make some serious money from PVP, Still use scimmy as primary weapon so you keep your perfect attack and defense stats.

Getting higher prayer is not too detrimental but 31 is truly the BEST for an OPTIMAL pk build.

Question: If that's the best for an optimal edge 1v1 melee build [which is the sort of fights you've said you enjoy most] why isn't it the account you've personally built?

Question2: Are you sure that build is more effective at pking than a 1 attack 60 str 40 range 1 pray combat 32 obby mauler within it's own level range? ;)

On topic - Frog's build looks damn solid for edge 1v1s, but a maxed 1 def 60 attack pure [99rangemagestr] will be about 10 combats lower than the rune pure and still be 'effective' at edge, easts and portals... Not to mention 99 range rips through def, and barrage can provide more survivability than a set of rune if you use it right.

Smite and overheads are pretty much a req for team pking

99 def range and mage can pk anywhere and do anything :3

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

It really is objective and I've talked about in other threads a truly effective "PK" build would be a cowardly dbow rusher, for most kills, fewest deaths, most money consistently earned...

I guess the 40 defense build is just what I feel is the most fun area to stop at and truly "Most power per cb level" It's the point you unlock vengeance and the best powerful cheap/free armour.

1 attack 60 strength sucks FYI, iban pures own them.

I don't personally have what I'd recommend others get because I'm going to be a dharoks pker straight up, I feel low risk wildy is flawed with the reobtainable untradables and it makes it very costly. (It's almost impossible to break even if you win every single fight, the risks are just too garbage while food and pots are expensive.)

• Like 1

CNqWHdA.jpg

94 def is better to have than 99 def btw :P

Why? Is it a def pot + cb level threshold or something?

Aside from the fact it saves you grinding 5m xp :P

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

You get an extra def lvl from def pots at 94 for one thing. Additionally, I won fights more consistently as a tank ranger w/ 94 def than 99. It seemed that attack levels were more "potent" than defense levels.

Your last point is interesting.

Also I think at lev 95 you get an extra def level from sara brews...

LgEZt.png