30-Apr-2013 - Instanced God Wars & EoC Updates

chenw

2KapV.jpg

Arma Hardmode is rather silly. Kree has far too much heath, kills take nearly 5 minutes in Pernix/Royal Xbow/Ovl and Anguish.

Minions are very tanky, hard to hit on the range one, near impossible on the melee.

As for that drop.. it was 1 charm fyi.

39 unnoted crushed nests? lolwat? Can you tell me Kree's combat level on hard mode?

Not sure how the +10% is distributed..... my damage (shown on the interface) is the same as before today, wearing full pernix. An invisible boost or something?

In other news gf my favorite defensive setup. Barrows gloves, 6th circuit, and skillcape used to give me so much def to cover my weaknesses. Now it looks like that'll just get me slapped in the face more.

Things Jagex could have done with this update that would have been better ideas...

1. Hardmodes for Arma, Bandos, Sara, and Zammy would have dropped weapons and armor that were 0.5 tiers higher than non hard mode and would have been labeled "superior" (i.e. t7.5 superior bandos tassets)

2. Nex would have had a hardmode from the get go, had a melee weapon added to her drop table and would have the same principle as number 1 applied.

3. Ports superior armors would have been given a damage boost of the same amount that the t8.5 nex armors would have.

4. KK would have had magic and range t9 weapons added to his drop table and had his drop mechanics as such that if he dies while in mage phase he has a dramatically increased chance of dropping magic weapons, range for range phase etc.

EDIT

Forgot to include that tiers 10, 20, 30 etc would have had no damage boosts, while all tiers 15, 25, 35 etc would have been given damage boosts.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Couldn't afford to squeeze in any new items due to budget/time constraints (the initial brief of this update didn't actually include the hard mode), and adding t90 gear to the KK probably would have detracted from the ranged slayer dungeon and the new boss being worked on atm.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

We've also taken this opportunity to address some concerns over the Soul Split curse. The change this week is twofold: The amount Soul Split heals per hit has been lowered, as with the new damage rates it would have been too high. This brings Soul Split to a level where it's a useful support option, rather than something to be used as standard. It's worth noting, though, that we have actually removed the cap on Soul Split, meaning that there's no limit to the number of life points you can heal per Soul Split. If you're capable of hitting the truly massive damage numbers, you'll actually noticed increased returns from Soul Split. Also, in line with the above changes to Soul Split we have also reduced the effectiveness of the penance aura.

Dev Blog...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Went and checked out the stats of the random DG armour I've got bound... Strange how armour has different stats to the equivalent tiered item of a different class.

Primal chain - 665 armour, 2328 life bonus

Primal legs - 666 armour, 1782 life bonus

Promethium 2h - 2011 damage, 2458 hit bonus

Spiritbloom top - 565 armour, 2160 life bonus

Spiritbloom bottom - 540 armour, 1620 life bonus

Celestial top - 697 armour, 2376 life bonus

Tyrannoleather chaps - 540 armour, 1620 life bonus

Sagittarian chaps - 666 armour, 1782 life bonus

Grave creeper shortbow - 789 damage, 2458 hit bonus

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

10/10 for reverting to the horrible interface from the beta that was rightfully scrapped.

Interface from the beta did not look like that.

Interface from the beta gave incorrect/misleading hit chances versus hard numbers for each stat, which is what's presented here :rolleyes:

I'd rather have a percentage that tells me exactly what are my chances of hitting depending on the enemy rather than having a pretty high number that doesn't actually tell me anything.

(Beta had a 1-5 star rating system, btw; much worse.)

Beta had a hit-chance system first, and then after player feedback it was converted to the star system, which was a step in the right direction, before finally being converted into a numerical system which was just deleted today.

The numerical system was easily head and shoulders better than a flawed hit-chance system that doesn't even give correct values (I've missed where it claimed 100% hit-chance before, and been hit despite a 100% block-chance).

Well if the numbers shown in the equip screen are wrong, that is a different story.

Played around with it, my boots and gloves no longer seem to increase my chance of avoiding a hit (according to it, I have 0% armour against Magic and Melee, while I have ~60% against ranged.)

And lol, my block chance shows 0% everywhere when wearing hybrid gear.

Basically; you get less defense and hit less, while monsters get an accuracy boost.

Tanky armor is only good for monsters up to the tier level (so barrows is decent for monsters up to level 80) and level 100+ monsters tear through barrows like paper.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

any word on if the update to how prayers work fixed the magic prayer bug?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Glad I sold my Drygores a couple of days ago. Nice derp Jamflex!

Ah well, I'm sure this stuff will be ironed out over the next few days years.

Uhmmm, drygores are still by far the best weapons out there and much, much harder to get now... Logic.

• Like 2

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Glad I sold my Drygores a couple of days ago. Nice derp Jamflex!

Ah well, I'm sure this stuff will be ironed out over the next few days years.

Drygores were actually about 10-20M above their GE price not long ago not sure if that's still the case though..

edit: by not long I mean an hour.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Patch Notes:

[hide]

Graphical:

Several graphical fixes and changes for the HTML5 client have been made.

A stretching issue with the Armadyl battlestaff has been fixed.

The sword that Dunstan is making no longer uses an old model.

Pentyn now glows a little less brightly.

A graphical issue with the Master Fisher has been fixed.

Matthias the Falconer will no longer hold his falcons by his side.

The pet rock is now held correctly with both hands.

The Zombie dance emote no longer deforms your character's hand.

The Veteran and Classic capes no longer clip with machetes.

Players can now see Barrelchest's brain when bloom is on.

A stretching issue with the female stylish hat from Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza.

The see-no-evil monkey hat no longer causes the heads of female character to stretch.

God staves are now long enough when used in a combat stance.

The short skirt no longer clips when resting.

Corrected a graphical issue with the pharaoh top.

The top half of King Percival's head is now attached to his jaw.

Prissy Scilla now has a same hair colour between model and chathead.

An issue with the master corruption aura displaying same as a supreme corruption aura on female characters has been fixed.

Iffie's chair now rocks correctly.

Trufitus has received a small graphical makeover.

A stretching issue with Akrisae's hood has been remedied.

A graphical issue with the heads of the bald Sophanem slaves has been fixed.

The quest cape no longer clips with a female character's chest.

The bonesack model has been adjusted so that it doesn’t intersect with the player's head.

Jumping over a broken wall in the remains of the Burgh de Rott inn now has an improved animation.

A minor graphical issue with Gujuo has been fixed.

A small graphical issue regarding the elf-style tops and the skypouncer cape has been fixed.

Father Urhney's face is no longer split in two.

Wicked legs now sit correctly on female characters.

The "Bunny Hop" emote for female characters has been fixed.

Multi tone skin issues on Sergiu and Sloane have been fixed.

The Apothecary's jaw is no longer detached from his face.

Luthas' face is now assembled correctly.

A graphical issue with Oziach's hands has been fixed.

Pigtails from the pigtails and fringe hairstyle are now present on chatheads whilst wearing hats.

The Face and Shiratti now hold their respective staves correctly.

Meiyerditch citizens have had a skin colouring issue fixed.

The Bedabin NPCs in the desert have been graphically updated.

A graphical issue with a sheathed shatterstorm wand cosmetic override has been fixed.

Dean Vellio no longer wields both an abyssal whip and dragon defender in his right hand.

The Easter Carrot should now be sheathed on the shoulder properly.

The Botany Bay trial announcer's chathead now looks less blocky.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

A minor issue with the dialogue tree of Tzhaar-Mej-Jal has been fixed.

Other:

You can now use charged runic staves to make magic tablets in Player-Owned Houses.

You can now store obsidian armour in the PoH armour case. A piece must be fully repaired to be stored.

The corrupt zuriel's staff is no longer considered a Melee weapon.

Adding a shieldbow sight to a magic shieldbow will no longer reduce its damage value.

Glacors no longer become aggressive when a player targets them.

The correct prayer bonus had been added to degraded versions of the corrupt dragon mace.

The stats on the pirate weapons from Cabin Fever have been fixed.

The tooltip for the abyssal vine whip has been corrected.

Dagannoth bones have been added to the list of bones that can be used with prayer restoring necklaces.

The Raptor has been adjusted to make him effective post-Evolution of Combat.

It is no longer possible to add shark fists, tzhaar whips, valentine weapons and slayer masks to the toybox.

An issue with TzHaar-Mej not giving Slayer xp has been fixed.

Blessed spirit shields now show the correct values when searching for them on the Grand Exchange.

Slayer masters now give information about how to defeat the trolls at the Troll Stronghold.

Holoy should no longer mislead players about poisoning bolt tips.

Thessalia will now tell players that they need to deactivate any cosmetic overrides they have before they can change clothes.

The Quick Chat Fletching category now has all references to longbows replaced with shieldbows.

The Make-X interface will once again let you use 2kg or 5kg granite to a granite lobster pouch.

The sound effects from drag response & speed sliders in the Orb of Oculus settings have been removed.

An inconsistency with the spelling of the music track for the Dreadnaut boss has been fixed.

[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

Patch notes are up (Edit: DAMMIT GWYN)

[hide]Graphical:

• Several graphical fixes and changes for the HTML5 client have been made.
  • A stretching issue with the Armadyl battlestaff has been fixed.
  • The sword that Dunstan is making no longer uses an old model.
  • Pentyn now glows a little less brightly.
  • A graphical issue with the Master Fisher has been fixed.
  • Matthias the Falconer will no longer hold his falcons by his side.
  • The pet rock is now held correctly with both hands.
  • The Zombie dance emote no longer deforms your character's hand.
  • The Veteran and Classic capes no longer clip with machetes.
  • Players can now see Barrelchest's brain when bloom is on.
  • A stretching issue with the female stylish hat from Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza.
  • The see-no-evil monkey hat no longer causes the heads of female character to stretch.
  • God staves are now long enough when used in a combat stance.
  • The short skirt no longer clips when resting.
  • Corrected a graphical issue with the pharaoh top.
  • The top half of King Percival's head is now attached to his jaw.
  • Prissy Scilla now has a same hair colour between model and chathead.
  • An issue with the master corruption aura displaying same as a supreme corruption aura on female characters has been fixed.
  • Iffie's chair now rocks correctly.
  • Trufitus has received a small graphical makeover.
  • A stretching issue with Akrisae's hood has been remedied.
  • A graphical issue with the heads of the bald Sophanem slaves has been fixed.
  • The quest cape no longer clips with a female character's chest.
  • The bonesack model has been adjusted so that it doesn’t intersect with the player's head.
  • Jumping over a broken wall in the remains of the Burgh de Rott inn now has an improved animation.
  • A minor graphical issue with Gujuo has been fixed.
  • A small graphical issue regarding the elf-style tops and the skypouncer cape has been fixed.
  • Father Urhney's face is no longer split in two.
  • Wicked legs now sit correctly on female characters.
  • The "Bunny Hop" emote for female characters has been fixed.
  • Multi tone skin issues on Sergiu and Sloane have been fixed.
  • The Apothecary's jaw is no longer detached from his face.
  • Luthas' face is now assembled correctly.
  • A graphical issue with Oziach's hands has been fixed.
  • Pigtails from the pigtails and fringe hairstyle are now present on chatheads whilst wearing hats.
  • The Face and Shiratti now hold their respective staves correctly.
  • Meiyerditch citizens have had a skin colouring issue fixed.
  • The Bedabin NPCs in the desert have been graphically updated.
  • A graphical issue with a sheathed shatterstorm wand cosmetic override has been fixed.
  • Dean Vellio no longer wields both an abyssal whip and dragon defender in his right hand.
  • The Easter Carrot should now be sheathed on the shoulder properly.
  • The Botany Bay trial announcer's chathead now looks less blocky.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

• A minor issue with the dialogue tree of Tzhaar-Mej-Jal has been fixed.

Other:

• You can now use charged runic staves to make magic tablets in Player-Owned Houses.
  • You can now store obsidian armour in the PoH armour case. A piece must be fully repaired to be stored.
  • The corrupt zuriel's staff is no longer considered a Melee weapon.
  • Adding a shieldbow sight to a magic shieldbow will no longer reduce its damage value.
  • Glacors no longer become aggressive when a player targets them.
  • The correct prayer bonus had been added to degraded versions of the corrupt dragon mace.
  • The stats on the pirate weapons from Cabin Fever have been fixed.
  • The tooltip for the abyssal vine whip has been corrected.
  • Dagannoth bones have been added to the list of bones that can be used with prayer restoring necklaces.
  • The Raptor has been adjusted to make him effective post-Evolution of Combat.
  • It is no longer possible to add shark fists, tzhaar whips, valentine weapons and slayer masks to the toybox.
  • An issue with TzHaar-Mej not giving Slayer xp has been fixed.
  • Blessed spirit shields now show the correct values when searching for them on the Grand Exchange.
  • Slayer masters now give information about how to defeat the trolls at the Troll Stronghold.
  • Holoy should no longer mislead players about poisoning bolt tips.
  • Thessalia will now tell players that they need to deactivate any cosmetic overrides they have before they can change clothes.
  • The Quick Chat Fletching category now has all references to longbows replaced with shieldbows.
  • The Make-X interface will once again let you use 2kg or 5kg granite to a granite lobster pouch.
  • The sound effects from drag response & speed sliders in the Orb of Oculus settings have been removed.
  • An inconsistency with the spelling of the music track for the Dreadnaut boss has been fixed.[/hide]

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

This update seems like some real balance is taking place now! Drygores aren't OP anymore yay

They were never overpowered in the first place. For a near-maxed item, they were just where they needed to be. It was the armor that was overpowered and the fact that no other combat style had t90 weapons that made them obsolete. Now they are just slightly less obsolete.

Is it just me or is the rs site being a pita?

Cannot get the dev blog or hit chance wiki page to load at all =/

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Had that for the last half of today, resetting my connection solved it though.

6Ij0n.jpg

So, can someone clarify someone for me? Havent had the chance to login yet

Bandos got marked as offensive, yet arma and subj didnt? What would be offensive mage and ranged armour from that tier then?

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

The site and the game are being extremely slow for me. Nearly died a few times at the QBD because of it. Any other sites seem fine, so I don't think my issues are solely my end.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Bandos got marked as offensive, yet arma and subj didnt? What would be offensive mage and ranged armour from that tier then?

Bandos, Armadyl, and Subjugation armor all have the same stats and are marked as Offensive armors. (The only difference is which combat style they protect from)

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Bandos, Armadyl, and Subjugation armor all have the same stats and are marked as Offensive armors. (The only difference is which combat style they protect from)

Thanks.

I was pretty sure I read something different some pages back :P .

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.