Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

30-Apr-2013 - Instanced God Wars & EoC Updates

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus

Anyone know if this is a bug or not? I have volcanic creatures blocked but I just got assigned tzhaar.

I think what happened was you blocked volcanic creatures, NOT tzhaar, they are "two" different tasks, as you can UPRGADE your tzhaar task to a jad task, but not vice versa.

tl;dr, nice derp
Posted Image

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

10/10 for reverting to the horrible interface from the beta that was rightfully scrapped.

Interface from the beta did not look like that.

Interface from the beta gave incorrect/misleading hit chances versus hard numbers for each stat, which is what's presented here :rolleyes:

I'd rather have a percentage that tells me exactly what are my chances of hitting depending on the enemy rather than having a pretty high number that doesn't actually tell me anything.

(Beta had a 1-5 star rating system, btw; much worse.)

Beta had a hit-chance system first, and then after player feedback it was converted to the star system, which was a step in the right direction, before finally being converted into a numerical system which was just deleted today.

The numerical system was easily head and shoulders better than a flawed hit-chance system that doesn't even give correct values (I've missed where it claimed 100% hit-chance before, and been hit despite a 100% block-chance).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I love spending my entire bank on weapons that are worse than weapons I already got for free.

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latin
Nooooo...! Critical hits on abilities no longer guarantee a max hit. This is going to make theorycrafting a pain to do.

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Karils top has the same lp bonus as tetsu top. and only 150 less armor

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Het_Volk
[ Display Name History ]

Het_Volk

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • RSN:Het_Volk
They Hot fixed nex so you cant enter anymore lol...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
http://services.rune...i/en/Hit_chance

Wiki page on how hit chance is calculated.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Nooooo...! Critical hits on abilities no longer guarantee a max hit. This is going to make theorycrafting a pain to do.

Yeah I noticed this, seems the range is quite bit too :(

Dual chaotic claws, 99 str, no turm/ovl
Slice crits with void: 1706, 1750, 1764, 1767, 1786
Slice crits w/o void: 1667, 1686, 1693, 1695, 1703

6Ij0n.jpg

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I'm curious how glacor boots and automaton gloves stack up against nex ones now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
Maybe I should quit for a few months atleast I won't have nerfs every week (hah! who am I kidding). Haven't logged in yet, so guys are we screwed or is it positive?
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Maybe I should quit for a few months atleast I won't have nerfs every week (hah! who am I kidding). Haven't logged in yet, so guys are we screwed or is it positive?

Well, at least Drygore is no longer a combat class of its own :P

6Ij0n.jpg

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy

They are fixing that as we speak/type.

Asmodean <3

Riqualyn
[ Display Name History ]

Riqualyn

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • RSN:Riqualyn

Unfortunately we went from

T90 - Hit everything
T80 - Hit most things

to

T90 - Miss everything most of the time
T80 - Miss everything most of the time + 1

Tansuo
[ Display Name History ]

Tansuo

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • RSN:Equenox 1
  • RSN2:Equenox 2
  • Clan:Primacy
Posted Image

Arma Hardmode is rather silly. Kree has far too much heath, kills take nearly 5 minutes in Pernix/Royal Xbow/Ovl and Anguish.
The storms don't work correctly. 90% of them float around the room doing nothing, somtimes standing next to you or following you around, always in the square(s) next to you. Occasionally one hits you, but most of the time they are harmless, even if you run through it.
Kree is undamageable during the Storm calling.
Minions are very tanky, hard to hit on the range one, near impossible on the melee.
As for that drop.. it was 1 charm fyi.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the kill count is still broken. That was my third boss kill, with 10 minion kills in total.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Emaxganis
[ Display Name History ]

Emaxganis

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:Emaxganis

I wonder what is going to happen with prices, i was about to buy a set :(

Despite KK being harder now so less drops, you can't drygore the shit out of everything now..
Posted Image

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted Image

Arma Hardmode is rather silly. Kree has far too much heath, kills take nearly 5 minutes in Pernix/Royal Xbow/Ovl and Anguish.
Minions are very tanky, hard to hit on the range one, near impossible on the melee.
As for that drop.. it was 1 charm fyi.

39 unnoted crushed nests? lolwat? Can you tell me Kree's combat level on hard mode?

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 409 posts
Not sure how the +10% is distributed..... my damage (shown on the interface) is the same as before today, wearing full pernix. An invisible boost or something?

In other news gf my favorite defensive setup. Barrows gloves, 6th circuit, and skillcape used to give me so much def to cover my weaknesses. Now it looks like that'll just get me slapped in the face more.

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts
Things Jagex could have done with this update that would have been better ideas...

1. Hardmodes for Arma, Bandos, Sara, and Zammy would have dropped weapons and armor that were 0.5 tiers higher than non hard mode and would have been labeled "superior" (i.e. t7.5 superior bandos tassets)

2. Nex would have had a hardmode from the get go, had a melee weapon added to her drop table and would have the same principle as number 1 applied.

3. Ports superior armors would have been given a damage boost of the same amount that the t8.5 nex armors would have.

4. KK would have had magic and range t9 weapons added to his drop table and had his drop mechanics as such that if he dies while in mage phase he has a dramatically increased chance of dropping magic weapons, range for range phase etc.

EDIT

Forgot to include that tiers 10, 20, 30 etc would have had no damage boosts, while all tiers 15, 25, 35 etc would have been given damage boosts.

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Couldn't afford to squeeze in any new items due to budget/time constraints (the initial brief of this update didn't actually include the hard mode), and adding t90 gear to the KK probably would have detracted from the ranged slayer dungeon and the new boss being worked on atm.

6Ij0n.jpg

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

We've also taken this opportunity to address some concerns over the Soul Split curse. The change this week is twofold: The amount Soul Split heals per hit has been lowered, as with the new damage rates it would have been too high. This brings Soul Split to a level where it's a useful support option, rather than something to be used as standard. It's worth noting, though, that we have actually removed the cap on Soul Split, meaning that there's no limit to the number of life points you can heal per Soul Split. If you're capable of hitting the truly massive damage numbers, you'll actually noticed increased returns from Soul Split. Also, in line with the above changes to Soul Split we have also reduced the effectiveness of the penance aura.

Dev Blog...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users