Jagex and their nerfs

Pvmadnan

I totally agree but don't you think they "fixed it to much?

No. Drygores are a great melee weapon. And should be just that. Maybe it is because their is no T90 magic/range weapons in game. But that does not mean T90 Drygore should rip everything. Yes it sucks everyone paid fist over face for them but some people are still pleased with their weapons. Yes, anything melee weak Drygore takes care of no problem, but it should break the combat triangle as bad as it did (much like rapiers did pre-eoc). Jagex saw that and went on to fixing it. That's all.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I don't necessarily think it's bad that drygores could tear through most monsters. Most monsters are 50-70ish defense, and drygores are 90 attack, it makes sense for them to destroy them. I don't like how they tore through monsters with 80-99 defense, that's just poor balancing. I also don't like how they're only for melee, t9 magic and ranged weapons were needed to balance them out.

• Like 1

Exactly they are ment to rip apart monsters but true it did manage to rip high leveled bosses but after update it doesn't hit very accurate and takes a lot of time to hit qbd is waaay harder you can still kill it in an inv but prepering for it takes time banking then go back banking and go back just gets boring maybe nex ok because it has a bank next to it but they alsk buffed her there is a thin line between improving pvm and just ruining it I think jagex did lil bad on this if armours just had the more damage it would be great until they add maybe 100 more damge then pvm can be quite challenging but still fun

The QBD is 80 defense, so it doesn't make sense for a level 90 weapon to destroy her. Yeah, it should hit reasonably well, but it's not like she's a cow. The fact that drygores hit with almost 100% accuracy was a testament to how desperately a nerf was needed.

Also, it's really hard to understand what you're saying because you don't use punctuation and you constantly contradict yourself.

I wasn't clear in my response. For monsters with 50-70 defense yes it makes sense. But at the higher boss level is what I was referring to. As for accuracy, this was done to help potions that boost stats. Prior to the update a lot of people felt their stats didn't mean much. Now you can notice the effectiveness of stats. Like Hedgehog said, QBD has 80 defense. Drygore is only 10 tiers higher. With some of the qbd guides I have seen, few suggest the use of anything more than a super ranging potion or super attack for stats. It's more likely now that you would need extremes or ovls and higher level prayers, but it's justified considering she is suppose to be a high level boss.

Also, QBD is only 1 of many boss or monsters you can camp for money. it may seem unfortunate that a lot of people's money making method became harder without the extras like boosting potions and prayers, but Automatons, Glacors, and Frost Dragons are good money making monsters that don't require much; items like Drygore, ovl, and high prayers only help increase gp/hr.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

sorry for not being good at english I'm german so I don't think I'm ganna be good at punctuation

Understood. :) After typing, read what you post in English. If you have to pause then it probably need some type of punctuation. Using your last sentence for example.

"Sorry for not being good at English. I'm German so I don't think I'm gonna be good at punctuation." is one way it would look with punctuation.

29386_s.gif

What irritates me is how long they take to nerf stuff. They let it go on for months before they get round to it, giving people who did w/e it is before the nerf a significant advantage.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3

I feel like a lot of top level players do that. Use a method until they achieve their goal, then leak it (IE Zarfot and dragonstones), the only difference is crawlers were well known before suomi started using them.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Even though that provides an imbalance, surely the onus is on Jagex to detect that imbalance and correct it, not the player to report it and abstain from the better XP rates. It's not the Sally Army, it's RuneScape.

That's not what the suomi conspiracy is. Not getting into it here however without a mods permission, as someone will probably consider it as flaming unfortunately.

it's not things being nerfed after high profile players (IE suomi) have used them to achieve their goals? (dragonstones were a poor example because they were 'nerfed' due to market demand)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

07 servers have freakn polls while eocs decisions are made by them

Polls are used to give the impression that they are actually listening to player "demands", usually for a trivial update. 07scape is nothing more than a side project aimed at retaining old players. They don't have to worry about making it appealing to new players or investors, so asking players how they want to proceed really has no downside.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...