Quests, Dailies & Farming (Returning after a year)

jonathanfox5

Hi,

I am coming back to RS after over a year of not playing and a lot seems to have changed (including combat which looks pretty neat now). I only have 20 mil atm and have discovered that many of my items (predominantly my weapons and armour) are now worth nothing. As a result, I have decided to go for a quest cape and do dailies + farming on the side to get experience and to fund 97-99 herb, as many prayer levels as possible and to get some better combat equipment. Onto my questions:

1) Quests - are there any quests that you would recommend as being particularly useful that I should do first? I unfortunately can't remember how to get a list of all of my completed quests - I remember there being a tool once upon a time that would do it for you.

2) Dailies - What daily/weekly tasks would you recommend? I can't really remember what dailies i used to do (were along the lines of bstaves) but weekly I used to do MTK, circus, FoG and penguins. Which daily / weekly tasks are still viable? Would you add any to my list? What is the optimum setup for MTK?

3) Farming - What is the optimum farming run if I am prioritising money making? Is it still herbs and, if so, which? I will probably add some low cost trees to boost the xp.

4) Combat equipment - For the purposes of questing, I was going to use my old slayer setup - whip / dds, d defender, neitz, torag's plate, d legs, d boots and a glory. Is this setup still semi-viable since the introduction of EoC? I have done the tutorial for EoC and I don't see any particular reason why not.

My stats are as below:

Jonathanfox5.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathanfox5.png

1) The World Wakes and all sub-quests are good to do. That's most of the quest in the game, too.

2) Tears of Guthix got buffed, those are good if your lowest stat is a slow skills. Warbands are very good xp, you can level very quickly with that (mining, smithing, farming, herblore, construction). Troll Invasion is a nice monthly, as is God Statues. The Circus is good as well.

3) Yes herbs, not sure which but torstols are probably good with greenfingers aura + juju potion. The ideal farm run is ectophial > trollheim tele (Lunar spell) > explorer's ring cabbage tele > ardy cape farming tele > catherby tele (lunar) but that requires Livid nearly done. If you don't have trollheim tele, use a chipped house tab instead and do trollheim before ecto.

4) No. It's basically horrible. Get yourself a nice chaotic weapon (chaotic main hand claw, 100k tokens) and enhanced Excalibur. Then get a royal crossbow as well. You can get some cheap all-round gloves (barrows) and amulet (fury, or glory if you need free cash). For top/legs/helm, use barrows.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thanks for the really quick reply.

Wr.t. (4) - What non-DG weapon would you recommend? I don't really feel like getting back into the grind of DG atm (though I will do eventually). Do you recommend barrows because it is better or because EoC has reduced the effectiveness of the other armours?

For the purpose of clarity in the thread, all of my questions are pretty much answered but I am obviously interested if anyone has any more opinions. The only remaining question is of the MTK split and if there are any more opinions on farming / dailies. Also, is flipping still effective?

Jonathanfox5.png

All forms of merchanting still exist, iirc the MTK split is coal/herbs but I'm not 100% on that. Nests have crashed because brews are no longer good.

I would recommend staying away from attack styles that you do not have at least t80 in. You should get a royal crossbow (not even 1m, very powerful) and use that everywhere. If you really want to mage and can't get virtus/chaotic, use abs, if you really want to melee and can't get drygore/chaotic, use vine whip and ee.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Being 90 Attack it is probably a good idea to try and earn some money for a main hand drygore melee weapon. Use this in conjunction with an EE as a very decent dual wield setup.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

For the time being 10 coal and 5 herbs is best for mtk. But it depends on the market at the time you collect. For a while last summer Mahogany and coal was best, then cooked fish and something else. But I collect I go here to check what give a better payout: http://runescape.wik...her/Miscellania

As you can see raw fish is coming up on herbs. Might change next week.

I think most dailies are worth doing, like sand, battlestaves, and the likes. However, there are also daily challenges you should also do as they give you double the exp you would for doing it for a time. For example it will ask you to string yew shortbows and turn them for more experience.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

@quyneax - What bolts would you recommend (general purpose?) Should I wear barrows armour when ranging or will dhide cut it?

@cheat - Sounds like a good idea - do you feel like the upkeep is worth it? Would you recommend it for training over chaotics?

@polar - Thanks for the link + ideas

@all - Thanks!

Jonathanfox5.png

@quyneax - What bolts would you recommend (general purpose?) Should I wear barrows armour when ranging or will dhide cut it?

@cheat - Sounds like a good idea - do you feel like the upkeep is worth it? Would you recommend it for training over chaotics?

@polar - Thanks for the link + ideas

@all - Thanks!

The best bolts would be Royal Bolts, but to use them it requires the Royal Crossbow obtained from the Queen Black Dragon. Well in parts, but those you can buy from the GE for about 500k each part for a total of 2 million gp. This needs to be combined with a Coral Crossbow en then brandished in Blue Flames at the last phase of the QBD.

The upkeep is definitely worth it, if you do once every 3 days is enough.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Should I wear barrows armour when ranging or will dhide cut it?

Depends on what you are going to kill. Royal d'hide is enough for low (80-) level monsters, so typically you would always use barrows.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Thanks again guys. (edit: + girl!)

Should I spend my penguin points on prayer or summoning? I've heard that summoning isn't that great anymore so maybe prayer would be more useful?

Depends on what you want more. I think summoning is still a great skill because familiar can be used for more than fighting, such as mining, firemaking, etc. And I hear a pack yak is lovely. Prayer is great for boss hunting and if you can make the money, the skill is quick. Summoning requires you to get charms so unless you camp monsters who drop a lot of charms it can go slow. But summoning is cheaper than prayer. A lot cheaper. So it depends on what you really want.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Thanks again guys. (edit: + girl!)

Should I spend my penguin points on prayer or summoning? I've heard that summoning isn't that great anymore so maybe prayer would be more useful?

Depends on what you want more. I think summoning is still a great skill because familiar can be used for more than fighting, such as mining, firemaking, etc. And I hear a pack yak is lovely. Prayer is great for boss hunting and if you can make the money, the skill is quick. Summoning requires you to get charms so unless you camp monsters who drop a lot of charms it can go slow. But summoning is cheaper than prayer. A lot cheaper. So it depends on what you really want.

a lot of places (glacors, QBD) I find myself not using a familiar because it's too much of a hassle for how close to a bank it is. Other places (BGWD/SGWD) you have so much staying power without one that you don't really need it. I'd go for prayer first, if only because it'll make getting the charms for summ faster.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Thanks again guys. (edit: + girls!)

Summoning is waiting on a rework which we may or may not see before the year is out (my money is on won't, but I'm trying for a pleasant surprise). Prayer is very very good.

About royal crossbow, I think crossbow parts are way below 500k now, more like 200k-250k.