Training prayer in OS is far too click intensive :(

Powerfrog

Everyone seems to be missing the point here, yes it wasn't like that in 2007, yes most of us including me will only have to suffer through it for a relatively short while, but the system itself is still something that could be improved (If you agree that it is need of improvement, which few have actually answered.)

I'd like all elements of the game I play to be as good as they can get, even the ones that don't effect me personally.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I think it's a fair trade-off for 3.5x XP. Three clicks to offer as opposed to one for burying.

Look at the Ectofunctus, it's 4x XP for bone-grindingly boring work.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think it's a fair trade-off for 3.5x XP. Three clicks to offer as opposed to one for burying.

See that's a completely valid point why someone should vote no, it actually takes the system into account.

I do agree auto guilded would make ecto even more unappealing and thus irrelevant, but on the other hand I like to think the ecto can act as the "human effort for cheaper xp" while the guided is more convenient but more expensive. Of course the relative speeds of xp gain make ecto rather inefficient from a money saving point of view, but that's not on me.

One thing I can never see happening in OSRS is new content or changes that were NOT done in pre-eoc. So the option of speeding up ecto to be cheaper and faster, but hard manual labour, and making guided automatic. (Or vice versa) isn't exactly realistic, although I think that would be best for the game.

Obviously any reference of "effort" or "labor" are relative, you don't need to point out clicking a mouse isn't hard work.

CNqWHdA.jpg

One thing I can never see happening in OSRS is new content or changes that were NOT done in pre-eoc. So the option of speeding up ecto to be cheaper and faster, but hard manual labour, and making gilded automatic. (Or vice versa) isn't exactly realistic, although I think that would be best for the game.

... what?

Automatic bone grinding and offer-x at Gilded altars existed since long before EoC...

Everyone who is against usability updates should really stop posting.

They are usability updates.

Hey, you like having the start button in a Windows operating system, so why are you using windows 7? Go back to 95!

You hate how food tastes when you leave it in the microwave too long? Use an inefficient oven!

You liked driving on 15mph roads because it is the scenic route? Don't use the highway.

Every single one of you who is against usability changes either A)doesn't play oldschool or B)doesn't play the part of oldschool that would benefit from said changes.

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Hey, you like having the start button in a Windows operating system, so why are you using windows 7? Go back to 95!

Isn't there a start button in Windows 7?

See that's a completely valid point why someone should vote no, it actually takes the system into account.

I do agree auto guilded would make ecto even more unappealing and thus irrelevant, but on the other hand I like to think the ecto can act as the "human effort for cheaper xp" while the guided is more convenient but more expensive. Of course the relative speeds of xp gain make ecto rather inefficient from a money saving point of view, but that's not on me.

I think Ecto's long done and dusted, with how common gilded altars are in 07 now :P My point is that compared to flat out burying bones, you're already saving a ton of GP and time, so the extra effort to click on the altar should be present to balance this out.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You hate how food tastes when you leave it in the microwave too long? Use an inefficient oven!

You liked driving on 15mph roads because it is the scenic route? Don't use the highway.

Every single one of you who is against usability changes either A)doesn't play oldschool or B)doesn't play the part of oldschool that would benefit from said changes.

Why are you playing a game based around clicking repeatedly and grinding if you don't like clicking repeatedly and grinding?

• Like 1

Most Clues completed on 12th page OSRS.

Don't like altar 'x'? Don't use altar 'x'!

Oh wait...?

LgEZt.png

I prefer it as it is on osrs and I won't give you the same response as others by saying "you voted for 07". My reasons are with the use of mousekeys, I can get faster experience on the altar with the osrs method and I felt that the use x method for prayer made it too easy a skill, that's just my opinion. The way it is in eoc, every skill there is essentially afkable in one way or another basically. I like the variety in training that comes with 07 and on a side note, it's always funny (although cruel I suppose) when you hear others in open altars burying their bones by accident.

I can see this being updated in a future poll, but I'm personally fine with how it is atm anyway.

I think it's kind of weird that people who want to play a game without convenient methods of gaining xp want more convenient methods of gaining xp.

Suggesting people wanted the game for its grinding. I'd have been happy if it was a cheat server where I could type ::meleestats 60 99 70

LgEZt.png

I think it's kind of weird that people who want to play a game without convenient methods of gaining xp want more convenient methods of gaining xp.

Suggesting people wanted the game for its grinding. I'd have been happy if it was a cheat server where I could type ::meleestats 60 99 70

I think they have those

Of course, you shouldn't use them because they're against the rules.

I think they have those

Of course, you shouldn't use them because they're against the rules.

Ok I thought it was implied in my post that it would be Jagex hosted. Like they actually said they were considering to do with RSC.

• Like 1

LgEZt.png

Whether you wanted '07 or not is completely irrelevant at this point. '07 is what you got. If you wanted '08 or '09 or even '11, then sorry, but you are SOL. You aren't entitled to the version of Runescape that you want to play. Grow up and deal with that fact and stop making these complaining threads please.

Whether you wanted '07 or not is completely irrelevant at this point. '07 is what you got. If you wanted '08 or '09 or even '11, then sorry, but you are SOL. You aren't entitled to the version of Runescape that you want to play. Grow up and deal with that fact and stop making these complaining threads please.

We don't have 07. We have Old School, a game that is based on the engine from March 2007, but is updated with new content that doesn't match content updates chronologically from the starting point of March 2007.

As the content is made for the players and the developers ask for player opinions on the best updates they can implement, we are entitled to the version of runescape we want to play, almost by definition.

But please, do continue to bombard us with the ill thought out opinions that you are entitled to have, while ignoring the actual content question.

• Like 3

CNqWHdA.jpg

I think it's kind of weird that people seem to know what kind of game everyone else wants to play.

the 07 backup was the only option we got, a lot of people voted yes only to get away from EoC, not to go back to grinding.

In the mean time, they'll deal with the grinding and lack of Convenience to stay away from EoC, but that doesn't mean they want it.

You aren't entitled to the version of Runescape that you want to play.

Neither are you, people are allowed to suggest updates and conveniences they want/think other people would want.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt