29-May-2013 - God Emissaries

God Emissaries (free players and members)

It's official. The Edicts of Guthix are no more, and the gods are on their way back to Gielinor! God Emissaries are spreading the word throughout the RuneScape world, and are seeking faithful followers for their gods. They've got some great rewards for those who pledge their support - the only thing to decide is which cause to join!

There are eight factions in all, each with an NPC to give you a run-down of their god’s philosophies and goals. They can be found at various locations in the free area:

Seren: The elven kingdom's envoy - Endwyr - can be found south of Port Sarim.

The Godless: This new faction believe that that the gods have no place on Gielinor. Holstein represents them, and can be found at the north end of Port Sarim.

Saradomin: Speak to Julienne in Falador Park to hear more about the god of order.

Zamorak: If chaos is your thing, meet up with Moldark in Edgeville.

Bandos: Over by the Goblin Village, Murknose is gathering followers of the Big High War God.

Sliske: Once a simple housemaid, Relomia became lost in the Shadow Realm and became convinced that Sliske is a god. Talk to her in Draynor to find out more.

Zaros: The Empty Lord's emissary is Soran. He's spreading the word over in Varrock.

Armadyl: An aviansie on a mission, Taw'paak, is here tell the world about Armadyl. She's just south of Falador.

Once you've decided which cause is the worthiest, just speak to your chosen emissary to pledge your support. Right away, they'll give you a title, a wieldable banner with which to display your allegiance and the Book of the Gods. This contains the first chapters of eight tales, detailing what's been happening with the Gods since the Third Age ended. If you change your mind at any point, you can simply speak to another emissary to switch.

If you're a member, you'll then be able to perform three sets of jobs for the emissary. Each set has its own category - combat, skilling or exploration - and the skill requirements (and rewards) increase as you progress through them. While you progress through each set of jobs linearly, you can take on jobs from different sets at the same time.

The jobs for each emissary are the same, and if you switch to a different emissary, you'll pick up the jobs at the same point you left them. This means that you won't have to restart if you change your mind, and you won't earn additional rewards by completing one emissary's jobs and then switching to another.

Completion of the jobs earns you experience in relevant skills, and buffs - activated from your wieldable banner - which are helpful in related activities. You'll also unlock the remaining chapters in your Book of the Gods.

If you complete all of the jobs in all three categories, you will receive a relic helm - level 60 hybrid armour, styled after your choice of faction!

Eight factions are vying for your support, with eight different philosophies to proudly proclaim as your own. The choice is yours!

Mod Ollo

How to start:

Locate your chosen emissary and speak to them.

Requirements:

There are no requirements for obtaining a banner, title and the Book of the Gods from an emissary.

In order to complete jobs and receive rewards for them, you must be a member.

In Other News

Dragon keepsake keys now work with weapons and shields! Pick one up now - or an extra-value pack of 3 or 6 - in Solomon' s General Store.

Watch out for stunning exquisite weapons, coming to the Squeal of Fortune this Friday.

[spoiler=Patch notes:]Graphical:

Several desert NPCs jaw lines and skin tones have been fixed.

The Ice Queen once again has her icy blue skin tone.

The Temple Trekking mage's staff no longer has two orbs.

A cutscene in the Prisoner of Glouphrie quest now displays trees with canopies.

The Varrock Leprechaun has found his pan pipes again.

Toktz-xil-ak now sits in the correct slot when sheathed.

Lowe in the Varrock archery shop no longer wears out of date hard leather armour.

The yellow highlight around the rest icon has been adjusted to be more central.

Some floating tiles in the HTML5 client have been fixed.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

The Nexus achievement is no longer displayed as part of the Lumbridge achievement set.

Skills & Minigames:

The Hangman game in a Player Owned House now works on Spanish worlds.

Adrenaline is now correctly reset when leaving the Crucible.

Other:

The inferno adze will now burn curly roots correctly when using Solomon’s Store skill override animations.

The Dragonkin journals from the Queen Black Dragon no longer refer to Jas as a male.

Living rock creatures no longer drop bones.

Catalytic equipment in Dungeoneering now appears as members only in the Skill Advance Guide.

The targeting icon no longer remains on the screen after catching an impling.

XP popups will no longer appear for skills at their maximum level.

The charming imp no longer refers to crimson charms as red charms.

Did this from my phone, so if the tag is off, feel free to correct it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

God_Emissaries-29135805.jpg
  • Like 3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

[spoiler=Patch notes:]Graphical:

Several desert NPCs jaw lines and skin tones have been fixed.

The Ice Queen once again has her icy blue skin tone.

The Temple Trekking mage's staff no longer has two orbs.

A cutscene in the Prisoner of Glouphrie quest now displays trees with canopies.

The Varrock Leprechaun has found his pan pipes again.

Toktz-xil-ak now sits in the correct slot when sheathed.

Lowe in the Varrock archery shop no longer wears out of date hard leather armour.

The yellow highlight around the rest icon has been adjusted to be more central.

Some floating tiles in the HTML5 client have been fixed.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

The Nexus achievement is no longer displayed as part of the Lumbridge achievement set.

Skills & Minigames:

The Hangman game in a Player Owned House now works on Spanish worlds.

Adrenaline is now correctly reset when leaving the Crucible.

Other:

The inferno adze will now burn curly roots correctly when using Solomons Store skill override animations.

The Dragonkin journals from the Queen Black Dragon no longer refer to Jas as a male.

Living rock creatures no longer drop bones.

Catalytic equipment in Dungeoneering now appears as members only in the Skill Advance Guide.

The targeting icon no longer remains on the screen after catching an impling.

XP popups will no longer appear for skills at their maximum level.

The charming imp no longer refers to crimson charms as red charms.

Zaros ftw.

Pretty bare patch notes this week.

Keepsake keys confirmed to be the same as current keys/overrides: only 1 per slot and only works on similar items. Guess there goes my thoughts on keepsaking primal longs since I use maces...

Keepsake keys confirmed to be the same as current keys/overrides: only 1 per slot and only works on similar items. Guess there goes my thoughts on keepsaking primal longs since I use maces...

primal warhammers would still be pretty hot :D doesn't beat longs/baxes though :(

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Picked elf one.

1st skill task- 3 bronze 2h reward 750 smithxp

2nd skill task- get 5 metal fragments by mining, fishing or woodcutting. I did WC. reward 4k wc xp

3rd skill task-make banners or bonfires in the centre of rimmington, ardougne, varrock and draynor reward 7.5k craft xp

4th skill task - pickpocket ardougne knights for 5 shards reward 10k thieve xp

5th skill task- make an artrifact by getting 4 special materials each from a fish spot, mining rock and tree, using them on an anvil, then using 6 runes in an order Reward 10k in a gethering skill, 10k in craft or smith, and 10k in either prayer, RC, or summoning

Skill set complete, 1st banner upgrade: contact the emmissary once a day to boost a non combat skill for 30 mins

Dunno if all the fragments are in the same place for everyone, but I've found:

2 north of Al-Kharid

- Just southwest of the chasm mine

- Southeast of the chasm mine

2 around Lumbridge and Draynor

- Just north and slightly east of the Draynor lodestone

- Quest Cape K tells me this one's in the cow pen (thanks! :))

3 in southern Asgarnia

- Southeast of the Port Sarim jail

- Southwest corner of Melzar's Maze

- ?

2 north of Falador

- Northwest of the entrance of the Dwarvern Mine, southwest of the Oracle

- East of the standing stones (right on the northeastern corner of the Falador wall)

3 near Varrock

- East of the stone circle that's south of Varrock. South of where Zamorak altar along the southern wall is.

- ProAsF tells me this one's west of Juliet's house. (Thanks! :))

- ProAsF tells me this one's on the north wall. (Thanks again!)

And that's my lot.

• Like 3

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

I've gone for Zaros, but might change to Sliske. Reminds me of Varys from Game of Thrones, waiting in the shadows - definitely going to play a big part in future storylines!

My hope this is only meant to be a taste of future content for emissaries rather than one and done. Something along the lines of being able to upgrade helm/gear/banner further.

• Like 1

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

What's the deal with the godless emissary?

Am I joining the godless or the Sioux Nation?

You would have thought he would have been one of the druids or a gnome or a dwarf, or even a nordic barbarain, but not a native american.

When did they get into runescape?

• Like 2

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Yeah in the state that this is in currently, it's very disappointing. Oh well, I guess we'll see how this evolves as the future god content is released.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

So the most hyped update of the month didn't do anything..?

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting