29-May-2013 - God Emissaries

Zaros by far provides the most benefit to the player. Also with Azzanadra, Wahisietel, Nex and Char, many of the most interesting and powerful characters we've met in game are on the Zarosian side. Your character has a lot of history with some of the Zarosians, (bit awkward if you've killed Nex a few hundred times, but hey) so that side is the one I am most invested in and will follow. In addition, the way he rules as the Empty Lord, by controlling and acting through others and not directly influencing matters himself is much more preferable to me than having an extremely potent almost immortal god wading around RS doing whatever he/she likes.

• Like 2

Asmodean <3

And now, for Zaros. His plans, if the vision is true, are just awesome. I love this character so much and I'm so happy Jagex is making him so cunning and totally placing him into his role of "control". The fact that he actually resides in the shadow realm does give me odd feelings. Wouldn't Sliske be able to find him there? Especially after all those years (I think 5000 years have passed since Zaros has been stabbed). And if so, why hasn't Sliske done something about it? Maybe he has been plotting stuff already for a long time. I for one have a thought that Zaros has been held captive by Sliske, which could be an interesting turn of events.

What if....

the person Azzanadra contacted in The Temple of Sennisten quest was actually Sliske posing as Zaros? *le gasp*

I was thinking about that too. In my original post I said something about the hoods they were wearing, but I deleted it because it's quite a stretch. For all we know, Zaros isn't the person anymore who he has been. And I'm quite sure the JMods don't only mean in terms of power.

The empowerment instructions for the metal artefact (skill tasks) state:

4 smooth stones, for the power of the sea.

4 small gemstones, for the power of the earth.

4 strong sticks, for the power of life.

You would think these represent the elder gods in some way, but Jas is time and sand, Ful is fire and constancy, and those don't fit well.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Could someone make aligment chart for god? Is this one good?

Lawful Good - Guthix

Neutral Good -

Chaotic Good -

Lawful Neutral - Seren

Neutral - armadyl

Chaotic Neutral - Zaros, Sliske

Lawful Evil - saradomin

Neutral Evil - Zamorak

Chaotic Evil - Bandos

No. Your Zamorak's not in Chaotic, your Armadyl's not in Lawful, your Saradomin's not in Good, your Guthix isn't in Neutral, and you've put Zaros as Chaotic. :notalk:

Could you make better chart? I mnow mine is bad because i'm not much into runescape lore.

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Also, how come Daemonheim is both red & green? Did the update now shed any light on the Karamjan (and idk if we know this already, Dwarven) god?

Simply, there are fremmeniks there who follow Guthix.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Also, how come Daemonheim is both red & green? Did the update now shed any light on the Karamjan (and idk if we know this already, Dwarven) god?

Simply, there are fremmeniks there who follow Guthix.

As for dwarves, the map sees to suggest they follow guthix (south ice mountain, coal mines w of seers, mudskipper point ice dg).

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Could you make better chart? I mnow mine is bad because i'm not much into runescape lore.

Lawful Good - Armadyl, Saradomin

Neutral Good - Seren

Chaotic Good -

Lawful Neutral - Zaros

Neutral - Guthix

Chaotic Neutral - Sliske

Lawful Evil -

Neutral Evil -

Chaotic Evil - Zamorak, Bandos

Keep in mind that the morality is approximate, of course followers of a particular god feel that that god is good, RS does not have the absolute morality that default D&D does. Personally I feel that Saradomin is really opressive and demanding of his followers, while Zaros is pretty honest (yes he will control and use you, just like you will control and use him as far as you are able - you know that in advance).

The chaotic/lawful axis holds, but the good/evil does not.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

As for dwarves, the map sees to suggest they follow guthix (south ice mountain, coal mines w of seers, mudskipper point ice dg).

There's some old lore that says the dwarves worshipped Guthix because of his role as the god of nature, but I'm not sure if it's still valid given the changes we've seen since then. But considering it still uses Guthix as an active faction, the map itself might be a bit outdated.

I'll take a shot.

Saradomin - Lawful Good

Saradominism is all about fighting for the greater good. The majority of his followers are law-abiding, upstanding do-gooders, but he does have some "fanatics" under his flag. His following must have a few misinterpretations with their holy texts (remind you of something?) that causes this extremism. Saradomin himself is a bit more of a mystery. He's said a few contradictory things (claims to have created Gielinor) and seems to have a rather big ego. All in all he seems to be a good guy, albeit a bit dickish.

Armadyl - Lawful Good

It's mostly the same case with Saradominism (lawful, greater good etc.), except there aren't any fanatics. Maybe it's because Armadyl's texts and philosophies are more straightforward and morally sound, or his following is so obscure that the crazies haven't had a chance to propagate. Armadyl's beliefs are made crystal clear, and it's almost certain he has no ulterior motives.

Guthix - Neutral of course

Not much to say here. Guthix is (was) all about balance and nature. He believed there should be a natural order to all things.

Bandos - Chaotic Neutral

Bandos isn't evil. What he does may seem twisted and fiendish, but it's all means for a single-minded end. WARRR! He doesn't even seem to see the difference between good and evil. Maybe he does, but he doesn't care. He just wants his followers to smash everything. His followers are simple and they respect strength above all else. They don't have any complicated beliefs or morals, they just want to smash.

Seren - Neutral Good

We don't know very much about Seren, but we do know she loves her elven followers above all else. She and her followers hid away in the elven forests to avoid the many wars of early history, so it's clear they don't like fighting. When Guthix requests she leaves in line with the Edicts, she instead breaks herself into million of tiny crystals so she can be with her beloved elves forever. She still resides in the woods, but her power is diminished due to her being in millions of tiny pieces.

Zamorak - Chaotic Evil

It's clear that Zamorak is evil, or at least his followers are. They kill and take and sin and destroy and think only of themselves. Zamorak teaches strength through adversity. Chaos brings out the strength in people. Civilization stagnates without strife. He doesn't care for the weak. He completely disregards them in favor of the strong. Unlike Bandos, Zamorak and his followers understand morals, and understand what they're doing is wrong.

Zaros - Indeterminate

We know next to nothing about Zaros. We have no texts, no stories, nothing. We know at least that some of his followers are pretty bro (Azzandra, Ali the Wise) but they don't explain exactly what Zaros is all about. All we know is Zaros is the strongest of the gods, next to the Elder Gods in power, and that he likes purple. Anyone who says they know what Zaros is all about is deluding themselves, or perhaps under some kind of mind control. Nothing ever said he even has an inkling of caring for his loyals, beyond his strongest, such as Azzandra.

Sliske - Chaotic Dickass

Conniving sneaky sunnova[bleep]. That's all we got, that's all we need. Sliske is going down.

• Like 1

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

There's some old lore that says the dwarves worshipped Guthix because of his role as the god of nature, but I'm not sure if it's still valid given the changes we've seen since then. But considering it still uses Guthix as an active faction, the map itself might be a bit outdated.

I think the Dwarves most likely became Guthixian because of how he brought them to Gielinor in the first place. If you look at the races that he brought to the world (Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Fairies) you see that most of them are Guthixian, but aren't particularly vocal about it. Likely, their beliefs are more similar to Guthix's original ideal--that they can live happily without a god telling them what to do--but still "worship" Guthix as a sort of philosophical leader. Only humans (and even then only post-Third-age humans--early humans seem to think of him less religiously) really seem to have ever actually worshiped him like others worship Saradomin or Zamorak.

On another note, the map seems pretty darn accurate; I don't see anything about it that points otherwise. There's lore basis behind all of the placements. The only debatable things are based off gods that aren't revealed yet (Karamja, Fremmenik) and so aren't reflected on the map.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Bandos - Chaotic Neutral

Bandos isn't evil. What he does may seem twisted and fiendish, but it's all means for a single-minded end. WARRR! He doesn't even seem to see the difference between good and evil. Maybe he does, but he doesn't care. He just wants his followers to smash everything. His followers are simple and they respect strength above all else. They don't have any complicated beliefs or morals, they just want to smash.

Zamorak - Chaotic Evil

It's clear that Zamorak is evil, or at least his followers are. They kill and take and sin and destroy and think only of themselves. Zamorak teaches strength through adversity. Chaos brings out the strength in people. Civilization stagnates without strife. He doesn't care for the weak. He completely disregards them in favor of the strong. Unlike Bandos, Zamorak and his followers understand morals, and understand what they're doing is wrong.

You could probably make a case for switching these two. Zamorak's MO seems to be using chaos and destruction as a means of advancement for his followers, making him the kind of "evil method for a good cause" character that's becoming so common these days. Unfortunately, his teachings are aimed at the worst kind of people by default, so the faith itself is chaotic evil (Kind of like how Saradomin's religion is lawful good-ish while the god hiself is more neutral).

Bandos, on the other hand, just likes war for war's sake and revels in the death and suffering it causes. He's all for burning the fields and salting the earth solely for his own amusement.

Somebody probably mentioned it already somewhere but I'm too lazy to look..

But I just read through the book of Seren..

I suddenly feel more heavy hearted for killing elves to steal their teleport crystals.

• Like 7

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Have we done the traditional assigning of each god to Magic: The Gathering colors with this new info?

• Zaros: Black-white. His ultimate goals are power and control. Black wants power, white wants control. Ghost Council of Orzhova.
  • Saradomin: White. Saradomin is a different aspect of white from Armadyl--the kind of white that wants to destroy all evil in the world for the sake of the greater good, not afraid to get some hands dirty if it means taking the fight to the enemy. Very white goals and very white methods. Lightwielder Paladin.
  • Armadyl: White. Strong focus on the justice, law, equality, and order aspects of the philosophy. Aurification.
  • Seren: Green. Nature goddess, natch. Her philosophy fits with green's ideals too, though, with an emphasis on living in harmony with others and with your surroundings. Asceticism.
  • Zamorak: Black-red. Very red means (chaos and destruction) to very black ends (self-interest, dog-eat-dog stuff, gaining strength for oneself). Rakdos the Defiler.
  • Sliske: Black. He's out for himself and doesn't hesitate to do whatever it takes to win. Altar of Shadows.
  • Bandos: Green-red. He wants everyone to duke it out and may the best man win (green). He does this by riling up his followers and inciting them to war (red). Gruul Ragebeast.
  • Godless: All five colors. They don't claim allegiance to any one philosophy, and believe mortals of all corners of Gielinor should band together to drive away the gods.

I think Zaros is more Black Blue than Black White, he seems a lot more like Lazav, Dimir Mastermind than Obzedat. Dimir works in secrecy and not everyone knows they exist, they work behind the scenes to pull the strings. On the other hand Orzhov operates front and center with they're church, and they're just corrupt in the way they run.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

bannerglitch_zps493747b3.png

Err...what?

If I remove the relic helm and alchemist necklace then the banner looks normal again. Strange that they didn't test the combo of the banner and helm that came out in the same update! :wall:

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

Err...what?

If I remove the relic helm and alchemist necklace then the banner looks normal again. Strange that they didn't test the combo of the banner and helm that came out in the same update! :wall:

The banner and helm work fine together, it seems like there's certain other worn items that are causing it to freak out. Very peculiar--I've seen it on lots of other people but mine is completely fine. I guess I don't wear popular stuff.

The Fallen Diviner

[hide=]

Err...what?

[/hide]

The banner and helm work fine together, it seems like there's certain other worn items that are causing it to freak out. Very peculiar--I've seen it on lots of other people but mine is completely fine. I guess I don't wear popular stuff.

There are also a lot of items that make your overall character appearence brighter or darker when equipped. I think Fury is one.

Also, not gunna quote a specific post, but can we really class Armadyl and Saradomin, BOTH as lawful good? Events after TWW portray Saradomin as a colosal [wagon], and Armadyl as a legitimate lawful good. Saradomin seems far to ready to [bleep] over those following him to get what he wants, and then should needs be, to go outside of a "lawful" way, to get what he wants.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I'd be careful with using that map to make conclusions. It was uploaded/created in 2011 per the revision history. I would expect that it might not truly represent the current status of those lands. Some of them seem a little far-fetched. I would be especially hesitant in making too many conclusions for those areas such as the desert that don't have one of the 8 factions that Jagex has decided to go with for future content.

The map includes the new Wizards' Tower (though not the updated Duel Arena) so it's more recent than 2011.

The most recent update was by Mod Michelle in January 2012, which is still a while back.

Pertinent to the map is some discussion on the RS forums between Mod Michelle and a player with a question:

[qfc]278-279-984-63416735-1020-325744883[/qfc]

Hey Voya100,

Anything I put into the wiki concerning story or lore comes from in game or from developer documentation. Such things are checked by several people to ensure that they match our past stories and what we have planned for the future. Anything concerning the main storylines is checked over by Mod Osborne for consistency and accuracy.

I tend to copy content verbatim from the documentation to ensure accuracy and avoid misinterpretation. Very rarely will I have to change anything I don't make things up on the fly or add creative interpretations of the story.

I can tell you things that are definitely not canon though: the RuneScape novels, Armies of Gielinor, Postbag from the Hedge or God Letters.

As for marking whether things are canon or not... well, that's difficult to do with a wiki. Pages are always open for editing (unless they're customer support related or heavily and frequently vandalised) so anything we do to mark said content could always be removed or edited later. If you have any ideas on that, do let me know.

A good concern was raised - can the map account for Guthixians now? After all, he's died since the map was most recently updated. :P

We can still use it, but it comes with a side of caution.

alazsig.png

[hide]

Err...what?

[/hide]

There are also a lot of items that make your overall character appearence brighter or darker when equipped. I think Fury is one.

Also, not gunna quote a specific post, but can we really class Armadyl and Saradomin, BOTH as lawful good? Events after TWW portray Saradomin as a colosal [wagon], and Armadyl as a legitimate lawful good. Saradomin seems far to ready to [bleep] over those following him to get what he wants, and then should needs be, to go outside of a "lawful" way, to get what he wants.

Question, where does he screw over his own followers? I mean he's an ass, yeah, but as long as everyone does what he expects he seems to be ok. Remember: lawful good does not mean lawful nice.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

You would think these represent the elder gods in some way, but Jas is time and sand, Ful is fire and constancy, and those don't fit well.

They could work in the context of Elder Artefacts perhaps:

Stones = Stone of Jas = Jas

Gems = Obsidian Gems = Elder Kiln = Ful

or perhaps gems > crown > Ful or god 3?

Or perhaps the Kharid-Ib is one?

Sticks = Staff of Armadyl or perhaps Skargartoh's Sword = Elder 3 perhaps?

There's potential there, we just lack enough pieces of the puzzle to complete it for sure.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There's potential there, we just lack enough pieces of the puzzle to complete it for sure.

Actually, the Gemstones that you get in the task look VERY, VERY similar to the Shards of the Armadyl Battlestaff's orb. It's essentially the same inventory icon rotated a bit. If there's any link there it's probably the armadyl staff.

Trees are pretty commonly linked to the passage of time, and the Kharid Desert was originally a giant forest. Grasping at straws a bit, but Jas could be represented by the sticks potentially.

The Fallen Diviner

Actually, the Gemstones that you get in the task look VERY, VERY similar to the Shards of the Armadyl Battlestaff's orb. It's essentially the same inventory icon rotated a bit. If there's any link there it's probably the armadyl staff.

Trees are pretty commonly linked to the passage of time, and the Kharid Desert was originally a giant forest. Grasping at straws a bit, but Jas could be represented by the sticks potentially.

I think your Jas link is flawed in that Jas IS about sand - fact confirmed.

So why would a forest that became a desert long after she left be anything to link her?

The shard I dislike that link simply because why would it be likened via something that represents a broken artefact? Just doesn't seem right to me, but its possible.

Plus arguably the gems look equally similar to the fight kiln crystals - a bit smaller perhaps but similar.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think your Jas link is flawed in that Jas IS about sand - fact confirmed.

So why would a forest that became a desert long after she left be anything to link her?

The shard I dislike that link simply because why would it be likened via something that represents a broken artefact? Just doesn't seem right to me, but its possible.

Plus arguably the gems look equally similar to the fight kiln crystals - a bit smaller perhaps but similar.

As I said, grasping at straws. For all we know, the sand quote simply means that she is physically made of minerals. (Left figure of the three shown gods, which is all but confirmed thanks to the Daeyalt Ore revelation)

The whole idea is kind of odd considering that we know there is more than 3 Elder Gods and twelve Elder Artefacts. But, of course, at the same time it seems like there was some sort of meaning behind the resources, considering how specific they are. (Unless they just REALLY wanted Fishing to be a a part of the resource gathering tasks)

My guess is that it's Divination foreshadowing--but even then there seems to be little to go on.

• Like 1

The Fallen Diviner

Another case for Dramen.

Gems = Obsidian = Ful

Sticks = Dramen Tree = Dramen

As far as classification, I think the best system is based on selfishness/selflessness:

Selfish gods: Bandos, Saradomin, Zaros, Sliske

Selfless gods: Guthix, Seren, Zamorak, Armadyl

There's no need to put them into categories like chaotic neutral because it really doesn't mean anything.