29-May-2013 - God Emissaries

Zarosians are a bunch of dickriders. He doesn't care about you. He'll throw you away once he's done with you. You're "siding" with the "god of control", remember? He's using you. Besides, "empty lord", "god of control" and "I like purple" are all we really know about him. You don't know his ideals, you don't know his plans for the future of Gielinor.

You're praying to a god just because he's cool and mysterious. Maybe if he was in a boy band, sure, go ahead. But this is serious. This is the fate of the world as we know it.

What have the other gods ever done for me, huh? Are they giving me area-of-effect freeze attacks and huge combat boosts? Are they providing me with the #1 best armour sets in the game? No. Zaros is hands-down the god whose patronage has been the most rewarding.

The other gods want pawns. Zaros isn't interested in pawns. He wants queens. That's why he runs a streamlined operation with just a small team of powerful, loyal allies: quality over quantity. If you're one of those lucky few in his inner circle--which, if you've done any reasonable amount of questing, you are--you get to reap the rewards. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

He doesn't want war and destruction or whatnot. He just wants to win the Iron Throne and rule all the Seven Kingdoms (and kick Zamorak's ass). Azzanadra and Wahisietel are pretty cool guys that I certainly don't mind teaming with, either.

10/10 would read again sign my book at next book signing pl0x.

I'm having a hard time deciding who to side with because I don't subscribe to just one idea. I've always picked Guthix because his policy on balance allows chaos, destruction, protection, etc. for the purpose of keeping a balanced scale, having progress made by man and not God. And I dig that. Closed idea to a government "by the people" imo. Due to the fact Guthix is well [insert spoiler here] I'll probably hang my hat with Zaros or Seren. Seren just wants to protect her people and worry about her own [bleep] without drama. That's me in a nut shell, only I'm okay with Zaros like methods, but that probably due to the environment I grew up in.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

If anything goes down with team based events in the world events I have a friends chat set up for it. I created the account "Zaros fc" if anyone is interested in running it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

37erZ.jpg

Me too

Dude really? We should ally ourselves! I bet saradomin and armadyl aren't even doing that! Lets pick a server too...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Also sniped Godless FC and Seren FC, but atm the chats are disabled for selfish reasons. I'll probably give them away if a friend wants to use them, but I don't want them used behind my back.

Also sniped Godless FC and Seren FC, but atm the chats are disabled for selfish reasons. I'll probably give them away if a friend wants to use them, but I don't want them used behind my back.

I don't have a lot of time to run an actual fc, but I do want to help with the effort. Ill be looking for people to help coordinate it and hopefully keep things running smoothly.

I am personally banking on there being team play and maybe even skiller team play. Team capes hopefully will be used. I am also hoping for a team hub as well.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I doubt it'll be really team play where you must work only with ur faction as much and more just events that happen and your participation earns score for your faction.

Eg could be a monster incursion where you need a team but you just turn up (like flash mobs) with clannies and other randoms are there and each kill gets tallied to all the factions subject to who hit it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Damnit leave it to you to come up with something watered down and with jagex logic. Honestly not a bad idea. Having something akin to that, but with the strength of an avatar would be better. Also letting players toggle unsafe pvp outside of the wilderness or contested zones would be neat. Having a more global yet safe pvp is something I would highly admire and would potentially ease the potency of grief pking (hopefully).

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

ugh i hope it won't be largely decided by whichever side is favored by the best pkers

might as well just hand the world over to the gods because at least they'd have more mercy

8f14270694.jpg

I hope it has little to nothing to do with pking beyond mini-game based events.

I'd much rather events that are based around pvm, skilling and mini-games be the driving force.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The new Exquisite weapons from the SoF look amazing. Neat for them to create some weapons specifically designed to be keepsake'd.

All weapons are Level 10, but can be changed via a right click option into 20, 30, or 40. (Like the other SoF weaponry)

[spoiler=Dual Maces]34NYH.jpg

[spoiler=Dual Battleaxes]34NZp.jpg

[spoiler=Spear]34NZD.jpg

Sorry I know this is off topic, but what armour is this? 0_0

Midnight.png

The new Exquisite weapons from the SoF look amazing. Neat for them to create some weapons specifically designed to be keepsake'd.

All weapons are Level 10, but can be changed via a right click option into 20, 30, or 40. (Like the other SoF weaponry)

[spoiler=Dual Maces]34NYH.jpg

[spoiler=Dual Battleaxes]34NZp.jpg

[spoiler=Spear]34NZD.jpg

Sorry I know this is off topic, but what armour is this? 0_0

The fully cosmetic (with recolorable trim) Paladin Armor, that I got from buying a Gold Membership back when they were available in January. I recolor it to suit whatever look I want at the moment

I think it might be available again in next year's Gold Membership pack again, but there's a chance it might not :(

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

There is also a tower shield and sword that comes with that armour too. Maybe when I get home ill post a pic for you if someone else doesn't,

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

There is also a tower shield and sword that comes with that armour too. Maybe when I get home ill post a pic for you if someone else doesn't,

There's a full picture of the set with shield/sword on the wiki page I linked to. :wink:

The shield has a LOT of trim on it, which makes it look amazing when recolored. I always use it to replace my DFS when I'm trying to fit a specific color scheme

The Fallen Diviner

I think it might be available again in next year's Gold Membership pack again, but there's a chance it might not :(

Just wait for them to add it to Solomon's General Store.

Possible, but I'd think they intended for the Shadow Knight armor to be always-available fixed-color Paladin-Lite armor, and for the Paladin set to be a specific incentive to buy a Gold Membership at least once.

Still could happen though

The Fallen Diviner

Sold all my Greenman's Ale (m) at nearly full price. Guess people haven't caught on to the banner boost yet. :mrgreen:

:shock: mind=blown

Wow I feel dumb... Not because I bought any, but just because the only use I'd thought of so far was to boost the barb advanced course for a half hour a day.

• Like 1
Flyingjj.png

Sold all my Greenman's Ale (m) at nearly full price. Guess people haven't caught on to the banner boost yet. :mrgreen:

:shock: mind=blown

Wow I feel dumb... Not because I bought any, but just because the only use I'd thought of so far was to boost the barb advanced course for a half hour a day.

I don't think there any boosts that aren't useful--they let you use higher level training methods without having to pot up every two minutes. Some of the skills don't have a lot of options for it either, like runecrafting and smithing. And they work in Daemonheim too, right? You could pot up for free before you start a floor?

• Like 1

For how good it is the banner is amazingly easy to get; it pretty much eradicates the usefulness of most of the old boosters with the exception of stews.

I mean top end reqs is killing a black demon (doable with like 40-50 cmbs really).

Up to ~60 for the skills tasks and nothing for exploration.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

yeah, lots of people underestimating the power of the banner

you can also use it to bend the will of an effigy....

Now to increase my base stats o the boost will allow this.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

This was what I believe the first of the true customization updates. And it was a great one, even though it of course was a rather basic one. The choices we have now made I am sure will be the base for future updates from Jagex. Exactly what updates I of course don't know. But if this update and our choice of god somehow would be connected to Divination and some sort of god-controlled areas, that have been discussed a lot on here, I wouldn't be surprised. With the release of TWW and the focus on the relationships between gods and players, I would see it is as very likely that we, the players, will get much more power over the world. This through both our own power and by allying ourselves to gods. By working both together with and against gods we will be able to shape the world.

Out of all the new things that will come with Runescape, this is what is getting me most excited. And this update is according to me the second big step towards this (the first one obviously being TWW). Of course none really knows what will be happening next, but if I am allowed to state what I believe there will be some kind of major quest next. Either that or the new skill. This will let us align further with our own god, or strive more for the banishment of gods overall (Guthixstyle). And we will also see more gods return. As I see it this will be the next big step. It would be a natural follow-up on the steps taken so far. There seems to be quite some people here who thinks that the choices we make will just have cosmetic effects, but I doubt that. At least that is what I want to doubt with how big a change RuneScape 3 is told to be. If the players would be able to shape the world, I believe Runescape would get a great boost.

More tasks for the gods will surely follow. Perhaps not through the emissaries though. Before this update pretty much all tasks for gods have been done through quests. Now Jagex have let us do tasks for the gods and show our support through a different way. I think that before the start of 2014 we will have got to seen at least one or two more ways of working for the gods.

I am really looking forward to see what Jagex makes of the base that this update and TWW have created. The sixth age is coming up now and with it opportunities that have never been seen before. Jagex really should dare to let us, the players, control more of what happens in the game. Certainly this requires more effort and a hell lot of if statements, but I'm sure it will be worth it. If not for the player's sake so for the development of the lore's sake. Dare to give us some proper choice that not only gives us a coloured top as reward but actually changes the world.

As for which god I chose...I think most who have seen me around here before already know. If not this picture is quite the clue:

godemissariestele.png

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak