04-Jun-2013 - Order of Ascension

Miss Lioness

Requiring dragon crossbows was probably the worst decision for this, IMO.

This will just make it even more impossible for your average Lv. 60 ranger to afford a dragon crossbow >_>

Is this really the problem though?

Surely the problem there is that T60 crossbow = tormented demons, T70 crossbow = Barrows. Who the [bleep] came up with that scale?

• Like 2

Requiring dragon crossbows was probably the worst decision for this, IMO.

This will just make it even more impossible for your average Lv. 60 ranger to afford a dragon crossbow >_>

Is this really the problem though?

Surely the problem there is that T60 crossbow = tormented demons, T70 crossbow = Barrows. Who the [bleep] came up with that scale?

Black salamander is another T70 crossbow and it's much easier to obtain than Karil's crossbow. Hand cannon (T75) is far too easy to obtain as well.

3038gi8.png

So dragon, or royal?

Dragon. Tormented demons may become popular again.

Took the words right out of my mouth.Time to how to fight them now. GF empty TD's.

TBH, I'm not surprised they went this way. They have a habit of making things unnecessarily difficult. I don't think they understand, for all the D&D, 1 time start content, and player help they game can still be difficult for lower players. However, this does encourage questing imo.

Dear God.

[spoiler=Ascension Dungeon Spoiler]388G6.jpg

Sweet mother of God.

• Like 2

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I like the idea of making a new Guthix. The different monsters are pretty nice too, though I think the gladii are too accurate with their stuns, and they break free of stuns too easily. You can basically not avoid their stuns half the time. I suppose you should mix gladii with others, only kill gladii when you have Anticipate and Freedom ready, but still. Scutii are nice, can't be killed within one stun very easily (maybe with pernix + asc crossbow), the healers are nice too - incentive for everyone to kill them asap. Not sure about the runts, I didn't notice any big damage increase from them, they're probably easiest to kill en masse.

So yeah, monsters with abilities, finally. But they're still pretty one-sided, they have basically no ability rotation, damage isn't involved, and they're not abilities that we can use, which again shows how unbalanced monsters vs. players are. What's wrong with just giving Scutii Resonance and Reflect etc.?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

dragonlimbs1.png

Made into an onhand Crossbow and sold for 75m. Today was a good day.

What are the top four abilities in your screen, and how do you get them? I've never seen those before. :/

If I remember correctly, they are the four stances used in Barbarian Assault since EoC. They only appear in the ability book after you play Barbarian Assault once.
  • Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

dragonlimbs1.png

Made into an onhand Crossbow and sold for 75m. Today was a good day.

What are the top four abilities in your screen, and how do you get them? I've never seen those before. :/

If I remember correctly, they are the four stances used in Barbarian Assault since EoC. They only appear in the ability book after you play Barbarian Assault once.

do they actually DO anything outside of BA?

meamzed.png

Well I probably won't ever play this content but at least they added more t9 weapons finally. Looks like they will stay much higher in price compared to drygore though seeing as the effort to get them involve is about 10x that of KK. I wonder what would have been so bad about just having the new bosses each have a rare chance of dropping the new crossbow. Also I wonder why the hell are Jagex so fixated on crossbows. They've been the best range weapons since basically when they came out with no other kind getting any spotlight. I would have liked to see this be regular shortbow personally.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Drygores still best at nex; jagex pro derped onceeeeeeee again, because 1:no 2x range boost, and 2:nex prays range like 99.99999999999% of time, except when you REALLY need it on zaros.

meamzed.png

Now we begin the wait for a t90 mage weapon which will come out probably next year.

Yeah because the gap between Drygores and these Xbows was a year right?

I like your logic.

/sarcasm

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

the drops are terribad...

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Any strategies for the bosses? I have a set of 6 keys and don't want to waste them by dying.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Now we begin the wait for a t90 mage weapon which will come out probably next year.

Yeah because the gap between Drygores and these Xbows was a year right?

I like your logic.

/sarcasm

I didn't say a year, I said next year as in January.
  • Like 2

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Any strategies for the bosses? I have a set of 6 keys and don't want to waste them by dying.

It's a lot like old solo sara. Run and hit. Safe to full health if you can. But honestly my advice is to sell your keys, it just isn't worth it right now.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Loot from 9 boss kills + around 45k cash

2FOI2TK.png