04-Jun-2013 - Order of Ascension

Miss Lioness

Because screw us that's why.

Personally can't see myself grinding the cash to get the bows when I already have drygores. The only place you're basically required to use range is Aviansies (I imagine it makes kree a breeze like it wasn't already with t8 bows) and the new dungeon. They would have to release new monsters with a range weakness that have defense that's high enough that drygores won't work well for me to really be interested in them.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Because a dead language that nobody can speak or pronounce is cool man

I don't think you know what a dead language is. All it means is that the language is no longer evolving and producing new words. Many people still speak Latin.

You're right I didn't. What i'm trying to say is: we still speak and use this (survived) language but hasn't most of it's meaning been rewritten or lost in history? Nontheless I still think it's cool tho ;p

@Quyneax wow, that's an interesting field to work it.

Tieszen patience is key :).

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I don't think you know what a dead language is. All it means is that the language is no longer evolving and producing new words. Many people still speak Latin.

You're right I didn't. What i'm trying to say is: we still speak and use this (survived) language but hasn't most of it's meaning been rewritten or lost in history? Nontheless I still think it's cool tho ;p

Latin actually evolved into 5 main different languages, referred to as Romance Languages. These are Spanish, Portugese, Italian, French, and Romanian. If you've ever taken a foreign language class based on Latin, you could most likely recognize a lot of Latin words!

isiildur.png

Latin actually evolved into 5 main different languages, referred to as Romance Languages. These are Spanish, Portugese, Italian, French, and Romanian. If you've ever taken a foreign language class based on Latin, you could most likely recognize a lot of Latin words!

Besides, there are a lot of languages that also have loanwords originated from latin or subsequent languages that you mentioned.

An example:

• Greek (Christianity) - Likewise Greek words like baptisma have entered many languages as baptism or similar.
  • Latin (Catholicism) - Latin words like missa and communio have entered English as mass and communion

Taken from wikipedia.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

You don't even really need that much. I only know a bit of Italian and Spanish (More familiarity than actual knowledge) and the similarities are fairly obvious.

It's a bit inaccurate to say that Latin evolved into those five languages. Latin evolved into another form of Latin (100x, languages do this all the time), and there were regional dialects, for example Gothic-influenced Latin and Celtic-influenced (and there's probably a bazillion dialects of those languages and a bazillion ways those can create a dialect of Latin each), and those eventually bcame different enough that they couldn't understand eachother anymore. The only languages descendant from Latin that are alive today are the Romance languages, but like all evolutionary processes there is no evolution 'towards', only 'from'. There's also the point of the definition of language vs. dialect. Some Spanish and Italian people can understand eachother pretty well, and for example the word for 'goat' is chèvre in French, cabra in Spanish, and between the two countries exists a whole spectrum where the sh > k transition takes place plus a lot of other varieties.

Latin is a big provider for words in a ton of languages, often the second or third biggest source of loanwords, mostly through academic fields (medical, zoological etc.) and because Latin was cool for a long time (speak Latin = fairly high class = awesomesauceness guaranteed). Anyway...

OK, I have no OT message. Uh, are the bows actually good at Nex/KK, after evaluation?

• Like 4

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thought I'd throw my opinion in because it looks like everyone else is.

I've enjoyed this update because it's finally given me a way to take advantage of the wealthy in runescape. :wink:

Thanks jagex!

Alright guys, I've not posted much on this topic, but I've been hitting the Dungeon hard since day one. I made over 7m in keys today alone, and that was only over 3 hours. Woot.

I had an idea while killing Scutarii. So I ran to GE, bought 2k Red chins, and went to the large cavern with all the tons of Rorarii. The results aren't bad at all. I don't have any definite XP figures or anything, but while it doesn't hit anything amazing, it still hits pretty decent on them, and you can kill a lot of them in a very, very short amount of time. And since they instantly respawn practically, its a very fast way to get keys. Very.

Anyone else tried this out?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Bows seem to have settled at around 320-350 each, and are fluctuating around there.

For anyone interested - at the time of this post they are 360M to buy.

I'd imagine that they would drop to the 100-200m mark? Can't see them holding that high a value for long - only think aiding the price longevity seems to be keystone rarity and the drop rate, although both seem to have been boosted since the update release?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Bows seem to have settled at around 320-350 each, and are fluctuating around there.

I'd imagine that they would drop to the 100-200m mark? Can't see them holding that high a value for long - only think aiding the price longevity seems to be keystone rarity and the drop rate, although both seem to have been boosted since the update release?

No they haven't. They just improved their normal droptable. The keys is so to speak on a 3rd wheel.

Imagine 3 wheels. The first one is their normal drop table. Here there are some places which will unlock access to the second wheel. The Random Drop Table. If you hit on the first wheel access to the RDT then you'll receive a drop from the 2nd wheel, the RDT. The ROW effect is that it lessens empty spots on both these wheels. However it doesn't affect the 3rd wheel where the keys are located (and the Signets.)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Lame. First death on secundus from lag. Lost all my frag bolts because they get destroyed on death :evil:

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

No they haven't. They just improved their normal droptable. The keys is so to speak on a 3rd wheel.

Imagine 3 wheels. The first one is their normal drop table. Here there are some places which will unlock access to the second wheel. The Random Drop Table. If you hit on the first wheel access to the RDT then you'll receive a drop from the 2nd wheel, the RDT. The ROW effect is that it lessens empty spots on both these wheels. However it doesn't affect the 3rd wheel where the keys are located (and the Signets.)

I imagine price of ascension bows can be somewhat relative to the zaryte price. Zaryte was one of the best range weapons and held a price, AFAIK, of about fluctuating between 100-200M. The ascension bow is better, however you can have two (once they fix dual wielding). So I'd assume they'd settle a fair bit higher then the zaryte did.

At the time of this post, they're selling instantly for 349.5M.

09144a99bb.png

The 80 mil price tag is only temporary because people are going to be piling into tds again.

Would it surprise you that TDs aren't that piled like other mobs normally are when introduced/bung back from the dead?

I had to hop 5 worlds but that at most. Which is odd, limbs drop are more common than claws. I got 2 today for 60m total.

The only that surprised me was how you tried to argue with me by proving my point.

You went to the TDs, you had to hop 5 times to find a spot because it was crowded, and then you camped for two cross bows which sold for far less than 80mil.

Wasn't trying to argue you at all. It's just the way you said it makes it seem like they were impossible to do. Yes I sold them for less than 60m but to my understanding they always sold around 20m to 30m. Also I did this over the course of 4 days. Out of the 50+ world I only hop 5 times. I've haven't had any problem finding a world other than that time. People were generally nice about it thou. One guy came in on me once and said he'd leave, which he did.

But whatever.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

You can do the boss without 95 slayer if you partner with someone, right? Can the one without 95 slayer get the drops, then?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I don't think the price will stay at this level for too long. i think it would settle at around 400m for a pair of xbow...and it would be reasonable, considering the effort required.

Keys are still selling well... and drops are fairly generous since the last update, considering how easy it is to kill the minions.

off topic: reading Aeneid at the moment.

• Like 1

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

So, let me get this right.

With one key, two people can duo the boss, where only one person will get the drp that may have the chance to drop one of the untradable singlets for the crossbow?

Where's the sense in that?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

^lootshare, coinshare, go with friends that way you both share the drop between you.

This is nothing out of the ordinary for how boss monsters, or any monsters for that matter drop stuff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am not; I have no idea if they would/do.

I was just pointing out there are ways and means in place to deal with sharing a boss drop and that the player who hits most getting it all (outside these measures) is nothing out of the ordinary. The same is true of Nex, GWD, KBD, Mole, KQ, Chaos Ele etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue