E3 2013 - Nintendo direct today - stream link inside

Kimberly

That was terrible except for the Division. That actually looked pretty good.

Pretty much. Games they should have spent time on, the didn't. And that women...

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

after last year's amazing press.

............Were we watching the same conference last year?

This is about the same quality as last year. Same amount of new IPs, rehashed games, and party games.

hzvjpwS.gif

I really liked the look of the division, even though its a genre I'm not generally bothered about. Assassins creed 4 was disappointing, the turn towards exploration and less assassination/steath etc doesn't feel right for the series.

Did the rabbids interactive tv thing even belong at e3?

Roll on nintendodirect tomorrow

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

after last year's amazing press.

............Were we watching the same conference last year?

This is about the same quality as last year. Same amount of new IPs, rehashed games, and party games.

Considering last year actually showed gameplay and had a much more impressive reveal of a new IP, watch dogs, when literally all the other conferences were way below average, yeah, i thought last year's ubi was increadibly solid apart from the tobi/shootmania segment.

I really liked the look of the division, even though its a genre I'm not generally bothered about. Assassins creed 4 was disappointing, the turn towards exploration and less assassination/steath etc doesn't feel right for the series.

Did the rabbids interactive tv thing even belong at e3?

Roll on nintendodirect tomorrow

+1

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I just caught up with the price tag on the Xbox One. I'll reduce this into US dollars so most of the forum users here can understand just how much of a rip-off this is if you're non-American:

• US price: $499
  • UK price (GBP to USD): £429 leading to $668

That's a whole extra 33% onto the console, and we haven't even begun to discuss how much it will cost to own some games. Or... not own some games as the case may actually be. The price is actually more expensive than the PS3 launch, whose disastrous performance was blamed solely on pricing themselves out.

Nintendo will always be fairly steady because its franchises, but surely the goal is wide open for PS4 now, having already confirmed no DRM and a sub-400 GBP price tag.

Does Battle Front look good, or did everyone just start drooling when they saw it? I'm interested to see if a new developer can do something neat with the game, or if it will be another clone or a disaster. And to be fair to Battle Front 2 being largely a clone to the first game, the first game was mostly perfect and didn't need all that much changing.

As for the prices, if you are a console gaming, I think that's pretty reasonable. Relative to a PC, I find the consoles get a much better performance on the dollar. Given that I have a PC that I am looking at making a gamer PC once again, I think I have to take a pass.

Also, I'm still not sure how I feel about game presentations at E3. On the one hand, that's sort of the point, and I certainly like a picture of where they think they are going (that Ubisoft is going in that direction is more than a little concerning to me). On the other hand, much like movie trailers they distort the truth a lot, so I find them to be very poor indicators of whether I might be interested in a game or not. Unless its a space game. Show me some pictures of space ships shooting each other and I'm sold.

Ubisoft's trailers were brilliant. Like the pun in the end of South Park trailer "Coming Holiday season 2013. Or any holiday season. You know how games are." And that trailer for that loot-collecting-castle-building game. I just laughed :D .

But now, hoping for Sony to raise the bar. It is 3.33 AM and Sony starts at 4 AM, please make me sleeplessness worthwhile.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I must say so far Sony's E3 Press confrence has been the best today. More developers taking, a lot of games, lots of gameplay and not just trailers, and no awkward host trying to be funny and failing.

Not to mention a game we wanted for a bit.

29386_s.gif

Any price tag on the PS4 yet?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Online is reporting $429 and $529 already...

http://kotaku.com/59...with-your-phone

subject to change

$399

29386_s.gif