E3 2013 - Nintendo direct today - stream link inside

Kimberly

I have a PS4 this autumn. Microsoft can kiss my ass, still won't get the one. There is nothing exclusive to the One that I would want, besides maybe Titanfall, which is on PC. So GF microsoft.

Sony nailed the coffin with just 2 minutes. Confirming no DRM and giving that price. Well, that is a dream come true. Only sad part is the mandatory PS Plus, but it gives one SO much more than Xbox Live.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Wow that is some drastic undercutting. Hi short term losses, helloooooo long term profit.

Then again Xbox wins on technologically brilliant. PS4 didn't excite me at it's unveiling, nor at E3.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Very nice presser by Sony. In total, it wasn't that great, but Squeenix and the MS undercutting in the end blew everyone away, and Nintendo quite simply cannot top this unless they unveil a new console out of their asses.

Well played Sony, your best conf since 09.

Looking forward to Smash, X and Retro tomorrow.

Ezkaton, how exactly does Microsoft win on technologically brilliant? It looks worse, it performs worse thanks to lower clock rates on APU, and shittier RAM, only thing it has is Kinect. And Kinect is a gimmick that now haunts your provacy aswell.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Just heard about the PS4 presser. Going to watch it all here shortly. I was unsure of getting a console this year...but the though of KH3...FF XV...and a reasonable price...i'm almost sold.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Only sad part is the mandatory PS Plus, but it gives one SO much more than Xbox Live.

Well, technically, the new gold membership will give more games per month, plus it already has things like party chat, etc. PSN is still lagging behind on that front, which you'd think they'd hurry up and correct since they're instituting a paywall. But still, not like there isn't plenty of time to fix that.

Then again Xbox wins on technologically brilliant. PS4 didn't excite me at it's unveiling, nor at E3.

PS4 is stronger than the Xbox One, according to reports. No surprise there.

hzvjpwS.gif

Only sad part is the mandatory PS Plus, but it gives one SO much more than Xbox Live.

Well, technically, the new gold membership will give more games per month, plus it already has things like party chat, etc. PSN is still lagging behind on that front, which you'd think they'd hurry up and correct since they're instituting a paywall. But still, not like there isn't plenty of time to fix that.

The thing Live does that really gets me is I need to pay for Live to use Netflix... which I already pay for. But according to Sony just now Netflix and the other video and music services will be available without Plus. So that's nice.

Well Netflix was always available without plus. But yeah, Sony won this. PS Plus is only $5 max. I can pay that with a consistent minwage job. Now to wait 3 years before I buy it because #poorandcheap

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Jack Tretton was having the time of his life while announcing no draconian DRMs on PS4. Poor guy was probably trying so hard not to giggle and give the middle finger to M$ :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Absolutely brilliant.

• Like 2

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

The nostalgia... It's happening!!!!!!! I've been waiting for almost 17 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsLgU21SPHk

Oh man...that game was amazing. The feels in my room is pretty intense.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Pretty excited for PS4. There was no chance of me abandoning PS, but I'm happy it's a good price, looks good and isn't ruined. Not too fussed about the charge for online play, I don't play online, so it doesn't effect me.

• Like 1

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

PS Plus costs the same amount as RS membership does. Been considering it for awhile but looks like PS4 will be what pushes me to get Plus.

Microsoft, just lolz

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

FIFA 14 announced to be on all platforms including the Wii... but not the WiiU. Only reinforces the perception that Nintendo fails to connect with the "mainstream" gaming market. PS4's surprisingly low pricing means that Nintendo will surely be forced into either a price reduction on the WiiU (this is already happening at the retailer level), or some fairly generous bundles, using their first-party line-up to charm people instead. One hour until the conference starts, there's already a massive amount of expectation on Nintendo to roll out Mario, Link, Pikmin and co., even more so than usual.

Also, perhaps this conference is significant to the future of E3. No awkward stage "banter"; no half-arsed speeches aimed to deliver at gamers, shareholders and corporate suits alike; a pre-recorded message which will likely not answer as much as people would be happy with, and will probably leave more questions to be answered at future conferences which Nintendo has more control over.

My stance on the Nintendo Direct: lots of old rope for people like me who've always gained enjoyment from Nintendo games, precious little to attract new customers. They seem to have moved focus away from the "casual" market, at least during conferences like this, saying that Wii Party U and Wii Fit U were delayed for "new features", with no attempt given to explain what those features were. Perhaps they no longer see conferences like these as being particular effective at targeting its casual market; the focus on casual games has traditionally angered "hardcore" Nintendo gamers before.

New Pokemon games, 3D Mario for the Wii U, Donkey Kong Wii U, LoZ: Wind Waker Wii U, Mario Kart Wii U... lots of first party development as predicted, but we already knew about all of those (the DK title came as a small surprise from the Retro studios). Several of those titles also scheduled for 2014 releases. The most significant moment for me was Bayonetta 2. Here's a hack and slash series that was never released onto the Wii, which only saw action on PS3 and 360. Now it's a Wii U exclusive. The title getting most excitement is, quite rightly, the new SSB for both consoles... a tried and tested formula, very successful in its own right, looks visually gorgeous, new characters.

I felt like there wasn't enough there to fend off two new console releases (especially given the delays to expected Q3/4 2013 releases back to 2014, and SSB's expected released date 2014), even as disastrous as one of those consoles seems to be. On the other hand, however, we don't know for sure which way the next generation will go. If, as consumers, we continue to look for new, exciting and fun ways to play games, Nintendo are certainly the most innovative option on the evidence of this year's E3 conferences. However, if we decide we've had enough of the gimmicks and want to go back to basics (racing games, dark-themed shooters), then Sony's package is definitely better.

Well apparently LoZ: Link To The Past 2 was renamed to LoZ: A Link Between Worlds, and they even had a trailer for it, which looks absolutely gorgeous:

But they didn't put it in the Nintendo Direct recording.

Beats the [bleep] outta me.

• Like 3

I replied to the ESO cover photo update on facebook, and I'm the first thing you see on it. Kinda cool actually...lol.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

PS4 will not be region locked for those who like to import games.

So can I download FF7 from Japan's PSN?!?!?!

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]