11-Jun-2013 - Triskelion Treasures

Bxpprod

Triskelion Treasures (members only)

We've a real treat in store for treasure hunters today: the crystal triskelion key, which - when completed - will lead you to a cache of hidden loot that's sure to make your day.

You can find the three pieces of the triskelion around the RuneScape world during high-level (mostly 80+) members' activities. When you find all three pieces, you can combine them into the completed crystal triskelion key. When you've done so, you can use the triskelion's 'locate' function to get directions to the treasure trove it unlocks. Keep your eyes peeled - it might not be easy to spot!

The pieces of the triskelion aren't tradeable, so you'll have to have to find them under your own steam. Any of the following activities can yield a piece:

Killing most monsters which require level 80+ Slayer.

Killing monsters which use the rare drop table.

Smithing mithril to adamant ceremonial swords in the Artisans' Workshop, with a score of at least 80%.

Harvesting a wishing well fruit.

Pickpocketing elves and dwarf traders.

Chopping elder evil trees.

Hunting kingly implings.

Find the chest, crack it open and its lucrative loot will be yours. Each stash is different, but there's a chance to get valuable ore, logs, gems, seeds and - as long as you're not already at your limit - an ancient effigy.

There's also the chance to pick up pieces of the new dragonstone armour. This prestigious set of level 50 hybrid armour not only looks grand, but is universally useful regardless of the styles you and your opponent are using. Although you need to be a member to find the triskelion and loot the chest, the dragonstone armour is tradeable on the Grand Exchange, and usable by both free players and members.

Last - but not least - we've also updated the loot available in the crystal key chest. Collect both halves of the key and open the chest in Taverley, and you'll likely find that your returns will be better than before. There's even a small chance to pick up a piece of dragonstone armour.

Happy treasure hunting!

Mod Nic

How to start:

Participate in any of the high-level activities listed here to find parts of the crystal triskelion.

Crystal key halves are awarded as loot from the rare drops table, and occasionally as rewards for activities such as the Barrows, Evil Trees, and Managing Miscellania.

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member to collect and combine parts of the crystal triskelion, and to open the hidden cache of treasure that it unlocks.

Methods of reliably acquiring the triskelion pieces require levels of 80 or higher in their related skills.

Behind the Scenes Video:

Mod Hew takes us through today's content release in our latest Behind the Scenes video:

(vid)

In Other News:

Today sees the release of Strongarm and Arcane skilling animation on Solomon's General Store, but there'll be a delay before they're available in the store. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes, and thank you for your patience. They'll be available later today.

Build XP lamps related to different genie tribes - emphasising skills of your choice - or combine them into the all-encompassing Lamp of the Djinn in this week's Squeal of Fortune update! More information to come on Friday.

Wilderness Warbands have undergone the following changes:

Items looted from a warband camp are now dropped on death, and can be picked up by PKers. Players can still only acquire (via camps or via PvP) 75 per day.

Players will lose any warband items they currently hold if they try to log into the Wilderness.

Quercus will now trade the items retrieved from a warband camp for either XP (as before) or for 4000 coins each.

Each camp now only has 1000 lootable items - first come, first served!

Warbands events are now synchronised across all worlds, with one starting every 7 hours.

AOE spells have been altered to function as they did previously:

AOE spells now deal slightly less damage to non-main targets.

Blood spells now heal 5% damage dealt against main targets (as before), and 3% against other targets.

Soul Split now heals 10% damage dealt against main targets (as before), and 5% against other targets.

In line with the above, Commander Zilyana has also undergone the following changes:

Commander Zilyana now becomes enraged if attacked consistently with blood spells.

Fixed a bug with Commander Zilyana not using her configured magical strength.

Tweaked Commander Zilyana's defensive values and weaknesses.

http://services.rune...elion-treasures

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

RIP Warbands

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Patch notes

Graphical:

Saradomin swords no longer display as a Saradomin Godsword.

Pickaxes and hatchets are now resheathed after use.

The exquisite halberd no longer stretches when performing certain animations.

The exquisite mace and off-hand version now sheathe in the correct positions.

The white stag bow no longer stretches.

A small issue with the Stomp emote has been fixed.

Updated a cutscene in the Love Story quest to include the updated Karil's armour.

A Fremennik shipmaster's arm no longer has a jerky animation.

The barb-tail harpoon has been prevented from showing twice when sheathed during Fishing animations.

A canopy on a Willow tree near Seer's Village has been fixed.

Auras which make your eyes glow now correctly show through grim reaper hood on Females.

The colours of Saradomin vambraces have been corrected.

Capes no longer intersect with the Dagon'hai robes.

Kayle in the Blood Pact quest now holds the correct weapon.

Prof. Arblenap in Perils of Ice Mountain cutscene has been updated.

The chathead seen whilst wearing a Karil's coif is now using the player's head instead of the Karil's chathead.

Gnomes that appear at the end of As A First Resort have been updated.

A hole that formed near the Player Owned Ports portal has been filled in.

Chompy bird hats no longer display different colours when changing gender.

The bone guard in Enakhra's Lament now transforms correctly.

Silver and iron sickles now appear correctly when wielded.

There are no longer any dark patches on the fire cape when in DirectX.

The spider orb can now be sheathed.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

The female trolls from the Fremennik Isles quest now hit for less damage.

Skills & Minigames:

The Stealing Creation reward interface now has the correct wear requirements listed.

Other:

The Disruption Shield spell now functions correctly.

Players can now deposit raw fish from a tackle box into a deposit box by right-clicking on the tackle box within a deposit box.

A small typo on the ascended signet II has been fixed.

A small typo has been fixed in the History of the Order.

Relic helmets can now be stored in a Dragon Keepsake Box.

Dying with metal fragments from a God Emissary task no longer causes them to be unobtainable.

The God Wars ranged bodyguards now stay at ranged distance consistently.

Magic spells now check the base Magic level rather than any boosted levels

The value of risked wealth on the items kept on death interface have been corrected.

The message you get when K'ril Tsutsaroth uses his Prayer draining attack has been updated.

The Jade Vine will no longer drop bones instead of turning into stump if you are using Dreadnips while fighting it.

A spelling mistake with the ex-ex parrot transformation has been corrected.

The examine text for the exquisite shield has been corrected.

Broken Barrows weapons can no longer be added to a Dragon Keepsake box.

A debug message that was occurring when using a Pyrelord special move has been removed.

Blank examines via right clicking in Dungeoneering should no longer appear.

The Skill Advance Guides have been updated to remove magical staves from the attack sections.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

[hide]

3 days til warband nerf.

[/hide]

Was a day off :(

Rip 99 Warbanding

• Like 2

I'm disappointed it was this drastic.

Fixed.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Crystal chests are, for the moment, probably profitable. Basic loot is now a dragonstone and 5 crimson and 5 blue charms. Additional loot (worth 10k+) is possible. So far:

Every chest has dragonstone. Each chest that doesn't have additional loot drops charms.

Additional loot:

15k coins

rune plateskirt

3 rune bars

150 coal

loop half of key

papaya seed

calquat seed

2 grimy torstol

Flyingjj.png

Synchronizing warbands across all worlds is interesting. It is very annoying in that you may not be on at the right time for a warband at all and you're very unlikely to be able to do 3 in a day. Having said that it will mean the people warbanding will be spread about a lot more.

Paying people to do warbands for me and then let me kill them for mining resources. Paying 100k per resource.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I was a day off 99 Cons... I put off doing today's Warbands just after the reset (like I would usually) because I wanted to sleep...

Dunno if it'll be dead content or not now.

Still... RIP everything it seems. Blood Spells, Warbands, Soul Split, Maging Bandos and Sara... Wow... Just wow.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Soulsplit from runescape.wiki:

Soul Split will normally heal the user by 10% of damage dealt, but this is decreased to 5% for any damage over 2000. As an example, if a player deals 4000 damage, he or she would be healed 10% of the first 2000, plus 5% of the other 2000, for a total heal of 300.[1] Furthermore, healing is not affected by protection prayers (a 2000 hit through prayer will also heal 300), and if a hit kills the enemy, it will provide a 25% heal. There is no healing cap to the curse.

So if that's true then its just beefing the healing done on criticals that hit high.

Bloodfire SEEMS to be the same in the wiki.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Finally. I'm probably one of few happy for this. Now this game will be more of the challenge it was planned to be. Just a slight improvement, I know, but still...A step in the right direction. And for all of those saying RIP warbands...You will surely still be able to do one camp a day if you just plan a bit. No more easy 300k+ xp a day though. 100k is still very good for very little effort.

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'm disappointed it was this drastic.

Fixed.

No, I would have preferred they changed it to this right after releasing it than waiting this long.

I don't mind them making it 1000 loot per camp, and on every world at the same time, but every 7 hours? That's terrible. That way they're forcing people play at ungodly hours sometimes if they want their 75 a day.

I'm glad they made it more dangerous too, it is in the wilderness after all.

The only reason I'm disappointed is that I wasn't playing at the time they came out, so I missed out on plenty of exp that I could have gotten. I'm glad I'll have to max by training those skills the proper way now, but there's already a large amount of people who haven't had to I would assume.

• Like 2
zdkz.png

No, I would have preferred they changed it to this right after releasing it than waiting this long.

Foresight from jagex.

[bleep]ing 10/10 sir.

Foresight from jagex.

[bleep]ing 10/10 sir.

Not necessarily, they could have realised it in a week or so from release. Wishful thinking because yeah Jagex, I know, but still.

On another note, I'm bloodfire barraging Bandos right now with soulsplit, and healing still isn't really a problem, if you do need to heal the food drops cover it. Obviously a bit less exp than it was before but still not too bad.

zdkz.png

They obviously took time to discuss it. They also clearly did damage control by repeatedly stating it was fine to prevent the masses from getting in a hype to "abuse" it before a fix was made.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't mind the nerf to Warbands. It was too good as it was. However, why the change in times, to make it once ever 7 hours?

They probably changed this to make it harder for players to attend a warband. Also probably due to that they for some reason want them more crowded. Everyone will be heading to them once they spawn now pretty much...It will be chaos.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I don't mind the nerf to Warbands. It was too good as it was. However, why the change in times, to make it once ever 7 hours?

Probably so that they might eventually roll around to better time slots for each time zone. Not a bad concept for it though.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png