24-Jun-2013 - Far and Wide: Transport Update

Ambler

Whatever way you put it, it's still abusing something that Jagex do not want players to be doing.

Yet when woox did it at the KK Jagex glorified him, then patched it :wink:

• Like 3
You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Whatever way you put it, it's still abusing something that Jagex do not want players to be doing.

They didn't want Woox to get upset again, he needs the attention.

Tg_Ibe.png

They still patched it though. The point is, they don't want people doing it, so when they find out that people are, they patch it. Whether Ambler is doing this for bug research or not, he shouldn't be even bothering with it. At the end of the day, it's intentional bug abuse.

Jagex were arrogant enough to think that Woox couldn't beat KK's 1-hit k0, but he did. He did so by abusing a bug. Arrogant they were, but they were right to think so. It's intentionally an unavoidable attack, in the same way they intend for people to have to deal with ice prisons - not to glitch their way out of them.

If Woox could have legitimately beaten the KK solo, then I'm sure he would have done it. Why bug abuse when it's not needed? Ambler doesn't seem to understand that he does NOT need to do this, instead he is consistently doing it.

Bug abuse can be fun/entertaining - Bruno has done some pretty funny stuff in the past, but none of it has been abused to personal gain (publicly anyway). Obviously in some cases these funner glitches have been abused to personal gain, but Ambler is bug abusing for personal gain. That's the problem.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

We are not jagex developers and we cannot always know what they intend. I feel like obvious issues such as item duplication and free xp etc are definitely wrong. Mechanics for a boss are a lot more gray area.

• Like 3

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Bug abusing for personal gain.

There's a difference between personal gain and finding new things that need patching.

I really don't get why you have to keep attacking me over this.

I do not need/use to do this to get consistent Nex solos, I've found new methods to this, reported them so they hopefully get patched, and moved on, doing legitimate solos.

Or is buying more than 10 rocktail soups per 4 hours bug abuse as well now? :rolleyes:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Probably missing something obvious but what are these?

Hoardstalker ring, new sinkhole reward

Because we needed a ring for an entirely fashionscape-based item, you know because you can see your player wearing rings.

Huh, what are you talking about. It teleports you to any resource dungeon, how is that -entirely fashionscape-based- ?

• Like 2

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

They still patched it though. The point is, they don't want people doing it, so when they find out that people are, they patch it. Whether Ambler is doing this for bug research or not, he shouldn't be even bothering with it. At the end of the day, it's intentional bug abuse.

Jagex were arrogant enough to think that Woox couldn't beat KK's 1-hit k0, but he did. He did so by abusing a bug. Arrogant they were, but they were right to think so. It's intentionally an unavoidable attack, in the same way they intend for people to have to deal with ice prisons - not to glitch their way out of them.

If Woox could have legitimately beaten the KK solo, then I'm sure he would have done it. Why bug abuse when it's not needed? Ambler doesn't seem to understand that he does NOT need to do this, instead he is consistently doing it.

Bug abuse can be fun/entertaining - Bruno has done some pretty funny stuff in the past, but none of it has been abused to personal gain (publicly anyway). Obviously in some cases these funner glitches have been abused to personal gain, but Ambler is bug abusing for personal gain. That's the problem.

So what you're saying is, Ambler shouldn't have reported the bug to Jagex so they can fix it?

Clearly you're an advocate of bug abuse.

Sylpheed.png

Probably missing something obvious but what are these?

Hoardstalker ring, new sinkhole reward

Because we needed a ring for an entirely fashionscape-based item, you know because you can see your player wearing rings.

Huh, what are you talking about. It teleports you to any resource dungeon, how is that -entirely fashionscape-based- ?

The ibis card used to be entirely for people who wanted the hoardstalker outfit, now people who use it will have their chest stolen by others who want the ring.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

considering that people would steal the chest ANYWAY, I'm not sure how this is an issue

Not after they got the whole costume, unless the lamp was better. Then again, I value XP higher than those lolrings.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses