Yay minigames! Oh wait...

X3EN

Reducing the number of worlds would make a number of skills nearly impossible train.

If they don't reduce the number of worlds, they might need to tweak the spawn rates for monsters / ores / whatever on less populated worlds though, as not doing this is hurting other skills too.

• Like 1
Vmser.png

I can't speak about slayer because I haven't slayed in a long time, but in general spawn rates are fine. The problems come with things like draconics, where there can only be one person per world. Reducing the number of worlds would cause hunters to be more frequently crashed, too, so it'd be really hard to keep a world even if you got one.

I can't speak about slayer because I haven't slayed in a long time, but in general spawn rates are fine. The problems come with things like draconics, where there can only be one person per world. Reducing the number of worlds would cause hunters to be more frequently crashed, too, so it'd be really hard to keep a world even if you got one.

I can speak on this being true. With Frost Dragon bots gone for the time being, a lot of players have came back to killing them. Each resource dung I imagine can only hold 2, maybe 3 players who know how to kill them/kill then quickly. Reducing the worlds would make these guys a super crowded hot spot, especially when these bots come back.

Also, for some of these minigames in question they are really only confined to one world, because they only need 1 world. Even with special FC/CC for them it wouldn't matter if you reduced the world because either the rewards have been rendered useless, the minigame never had the traffic to warrant 1 world, or the minigame is effectively dead -- No one plays on the theme world or non-theme, in clans/chats or FFA.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

They need reduce the number of worlds the game has. Whilst you may think that'd be a bad idea, it means worlds have more players so minigames are used more because players aren't spread across the entire system. It also means maybe the price of the game would be reduced or at least remove the need for SOF perhaps?

Either way I've always thought there are far too many worlds. They need to reduce the number of worlds down to at least 100 or so. 140 is way over the top considering how so many people have actually stopped playing the game altogether.

Last point though, with RS3 being HTML5 powered, maybe the ability of being able to play on mobile devices will bring players back?

This is why they have specific worlds dedicated to a minigame. Also, don't count on them removing SOF or SGS any time soon.

Tg_Ibe.png

• 3 weeks later...

One possible solution, reward players who play a mini game with a bonus exp system similar to WoW's "resting exp" works while standing in an inn. Essentially removes the xp waste mentality because you're going to get double exp in what ever skill you go train (you could have to select it beforehand) in equal amount to the time you spent playing the game.

It doesn't have to be double, it could be a 20%, 40% etc boost. Just something to entice people to play all the time. I would definitely start playing mini games if it meant I could then spend less time in practice training the more tedious skills.

Also plus one on moving mini games to their own world(s).

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You know what would really be nice...make that hybrid armor useful outside the minigames. Jagex wouldn't have I need to make another hybrid set after this BoL set, because to my understanding stat wise those sets are t85. Of course then you'd have to deal with hybrid armor use, but that's another discussion itself.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

• 5 months later...

I always have to ask a friend or two to join me to do some Fishing Trawler (for the necklace) so it takes less grind when soloing. Aaand once in a blue moon, there is that 1 person there but... they're only there for an elite task req.