Vorago Teaser - June 24th

Urza285

Because this is a boss that is new, "harder than nex" and coming to runescape very, very soon there is a lot of interest in it. With the new lodestone update another lesser known update was sent out to allow us a glimpse into vorago's environment. There is an immense amount of information about the potential encounter that I don't have time to post, but feel free to discuss him and what might entail.

Currently we know there is a high chance of magic gear drops and the loot-share mechanics will be much different and geared for the mass encounters.

Taken from Im Rubic on the Runescape forums:

Towards the end of the latest Behind the Scenes Video we were told Mod Chris L would talk to us this week about a newly developed a boss known as Vorago. With today's update, we've finally received our first in-game teaser as to what this is.

On World 24, Mod Chris L has been spawning several creatures known as Scopulus. These creatures wonder around for a few minutes and then head to a cave just north of Falador. In this cave you will see a few Agility short-cuts granting you the ability to jump over a few gaps, however, you won't be able to explore the dungeon for long as you'll be kicked out a few seconds later.

We know very little of what this update will bring, but what we do know, is that it exists, and therefore we will always ask questions and speculate about what is to come. So feel free to accept our curiosity and try to decipher what is awaiting us.

Here is a picture of the Scopulus and they look likebaby Vorago:

9KV5KA0.png

Here is a picture of as far as I could get:

Xap2ivM.png

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm not a high level player, so Nex is out of my league. But this new boss sounds exciting. I like the idea of spawning the Scopulus and allowing us to enter the boss lair for a few seconds. In HTML5 I feel like it's going to look AMAZING! I do hope they explain; however, what happened to the trolls coming out of there and the mercenaries that were fighting there.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Hope it actually takes a bunch of people and isn't duoed on the second day. I don't see how they could do this without just tacking on extra lp or some ridiculous entry requirement but would love to be proven wrong.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

This looks very interesting. I'm not really sure what high-level drops could be added to the game at this point. "Harder than Nex" doesn't say much considering how easy it is now. Judging from the pic it seems to have some interesting claws/gear..

Tg_Ibe.png

I'm not really sure what high-level drops could be added to the game at this point.

Almost certainly level 90 wand/book.

I do hope they explain; however, what happened to the trolls coming out of there and the mercenaries that were fighting there.

I could care less for an explanation of the removal of their shameless F2P plug for the Loyalty Shop...

This boss however is sounding quite interesting. I'm just hoping for something that isn't KK/Nex redux, IE too hard too easy too hard too easy then just plain f'd up... :-|

What I'd really like is something akin to the demon mobs which can be insanely difficult but also gives everyone at least something.

2dgucz6.png

This looks very interesting. I'm not really sure what high-level drops could be added to the game at this point. "Harder than Nex" doesn't say much considering how easy it is now. Judging from the pic it seems to have some interesting claws/gear..

I think a t90 Mage weapon is at the top of the list at the moment.

I wouldn't associate that with a big rock creature though.

zdkz.png

I'm not really sure what high-level drops could be added to the game at this point.

Are these just based off of the current weaponry in the game already or has something else been leaked/said?

Tg_Ibe.png

Yeah those mercenaries were a marketing ploy. Granted it wasn't a bad one in my opinion. That's a different discussion though - not for here.

And yes I would most certainly associate the t90 magic weapons and potential armour drops coming from vorago.

The boss room has been stated to having certai mechanics before you can engage vorago.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What I'd really like is something akin to the demon mobs which can be insanely difficult but also gives everyone at least something.

Demon mobs can be solo'ed rather easily, but takes one HELL of a long time.

But I agree, maybe they could do something like this: the boss drops untradeable body parts (to everyone who has damaged the boss and not left combat) that is required to make say... t85 magic wand/book, requires very high skills (possibly), and is made untradeable. While the t90 version is dropped ready made and is tradeable. that way, you don't need to have insane luck in the a large group of people. Heck, maybe they can even have instanced boss fights based on clan group size and scale the drops and difficulty with it

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Yeah those mercenaries were a marketing ploy. Granted it wasn't a bad one in my opinion. That's a different discussion though - not for here.

And yes I would most certainly associate the t90 magic weapons and potential armour drops coming from vorago.

The boss room has been stated to having certai mechanics before you can engage vorago.

Hopefully melee > range at this new boss. Drygores could use a boost :P

Tg_Ibe.png

Hopefully its not about just getting a hit in for a loot chance. That concept has such a grossly abusive mechanic that would hurt legitimate PVMers.

Hopefully something more along the lines of doing at least 10% damage or 20k/200k lp. Something like that is more appropriate.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Excuse me for wanting a tiny bit of story with my marketing ploy. :sad:

If you manage to get far enough, you can see a waterfall apparently.

I'm going to try to get there and get a screenshot. Would probably be easier in HTML5.

Edit:

mcfymb.jpg

Nice draw distance. Definitely makes the area look as large as I expected it.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Are these just based off of the current weaponry in the game already or has something else been leaked/said?

If they did anything else people would be in an uproar. Magic weapons are currently the only combat style without a level 90 weapon, and releasing only a staff would only cater to one of the three combat substyles (dual wield, 2 hand and tank).

If they did anything else people would be in an uproar. Magic weapons are currently the only combat style without a level 90 weapon, and releasing only a staff would only cater to one of the three combat substyles (dual wield, 2 hand and tank).

I understand. Hopefully some new armor will be released with the update as well :D

Tg_Ibe.png

[hide]

[/hide]

But our last two bosses only cater to dual wielding. Not that it's bad since dual wielding is slightly perfected over 2H, but would it be bad if they did just release a staff?

29386_s.gif

Also, releasing a mainhand and offhand allows you to use a shield if you wish. It's not a level 90 shield, but staves don't even give you the option. The difference between 2h and dual wielding are fairly small, so they effectively cover the offense and defence roll with one weapon set.

Consistency? OPTION? In this game?!?! :twss:

Naw, but seriously I see the point to making it a book/wand. Thou I wonder if they'll take this chance to have the boss drop both 2h and dual wield and update KK/Ascension.

29386_s.gif

Naw, but seriously I see the point to making it a book/wand. Thou I wonder if they'll take this chance to have the boss drop both 2h and dual wield and update KK/Ascension.

This is what I'm hoping for

Tg_Ibe.png

Releasing all of that in one update would just hurt them in the long run, as they'd have less to release later on.

Releasing all of that in one update would just hurt them in the long run, as they'd have less to release later on.

Unless they raise skill caps to 120... 8-)

Tg_Ibe.png

Don't forget, magic weapon is only half the equation, there is still the T90 magic damage we are missing.

I would fully expect that the t90 magic weapons, if released, to make it so that your t80 spell to inflict t90 damage.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)