Vorago Teaser - June 24th

Urza285

Consistency? OPTION? In this game?!?! :twss:

Naw, but seriously I see the point to making it a book/wand. Thou I wonder if they'll take this chance to have the boss drop both 2h and dual wield and update KK/Ascension.

Releasing all of that in one update would just hurt them in the long run, as they'd have less to release later on.

Yeah, you're right. I much perfect dual wield anyway.

What I'm more concerned about are the requirements. So far 90 magic for sure and a strong hint to agility. Slayer keeps me from the last boss so as a mid level player I'd like to know how accessible this would be to me.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Don't forget, magic weapon is only half the equation, there is still the T90 magic damage we are missing.

I would fully expect that the t90 magic weapons, if released, to make it so that your t80 spell to inflict t90 damage.

Since the spells for level 80 and under all do set damage (not tied to weapon) I'd assume they would just up that cap to 90.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Who thought it would be a good idea to make magic work like that?

Mod Mark: "Hmm...yes! This is a great idea. Now I don't have to worry about devaluing Ports armor even more!"

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Gonna go out on a limb and make a couple guesses....The Cave and all that landscape there is Vorago. Need skillers to do some stuff like mine away the rock to uncover the area beneath that needs to be attacked.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Who thought it would be a good idea to make magic work like that?

Mod Mark: "Hmm...yes! This is a great idea. Now I don't have to worry about devaluing Ports armor even more!"

You mean:

"Hmm...yes! This is a great idea. Now I can devalue Ports armor even more without trying!"

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Gonna go out on a limb and make a couple guesses....The Cave and all that landscape there is Vorago. Need skillers to do some stuff like mine away the rock to uncover the area beneath that needs to be attacked.

Would be really nice to give some real reward other than bragging rights to having high skill levels! Something where you can monetize your skills.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Don't forget, magic weapon is only half the equation, there is still the T90 magic damage we are missing.

I would fully expect that the t90 magic weapons, if released, to make it so that your t80 spell to inflict t90 damage.

Enhanced Ancient staff: 1912 damage

Chaotic staff: 1951 damage

(this is with blood blitz, level 80 magic)

With shadow rush (level 50) it's 1453 versus 1492

With ice barrage (94) it's the same as blood blitz.

The difference is 39 damage either way, no scaling with weapon tier at all :(. There was/is a rumour that something got fixed here, that magic was good in dg again (admit I thought so too).

Godsword: 1824 damage

Chaotic maul: 1936 damage

Royal crossbow: 1936 damage

(with royal bolts)

So it appears lower tier magic weapons are better because they can use stronger spells? Level 40 mystic lava staff gets 1639 damage w/ barrage, level 60 dragon spear gets 1489 damage.

This makes no sense. Either the interface is really buggy, or the system needs (another) rework. Spells should just be changed to equippable ammo made with runecrafting or something. Remove combat spells from the spellbook altogether and integrate spellbooks.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The difference is 39 damage either way, no scaling with weapon tier at all :(. There was/is a rumour that something got fixed here, that magic was good in dg again (admit I thought so too).

(with royal bolts)

So it appears lower tier magic weapons are better because they can use stronger spells? Level 40 mystic lava staff gets 1639 damage w/ barrage, level 60 dragon spear gets 1489 damage.

This makes no sense. Either the interface is really buggy, or the system needs (another) rework. Spells should just be changed to equippable ammo made with runecrafting or something. Remove combat spells from the spellbook altogether and integrate spellbooks.

let's make the quest stories of ancients & lunar completely void of anything shall we? The story clearly tells about the choice of different means of living to get to lunar/magic levels. It is indicated quite often that you can't use lunar magic while not being "enlightend"... Don't forget that roleplaying is still a large part of an role playing game.

Then they came for me

I would love it if someone could find that compilation of what mod Chris or mark said about the new boss a couple of weeks ago. For the life of me I can't find it ad I know its somewhere on the HLF or FGU.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hope it actually takes a bunch of people and isn't duoed on the second day. I don't see how they could do this without just tacking on extra lp or some ridiculous entry requirement but would love to be proven wrong.

What about an attack that does damage inversely proportional to the amount of people fighting it. So perhaps he simply CANNOT be beaten with less than 5 people, because each hit would be like 10-12k LP. But, with 10 people the special attack only does 3k lp, with 20 people it does 1.5k lp, etc.

But yeah I hate those bosses where it's like well, you tried to make this unSOLOable, and now it is just obnoxious.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Time to sell all my melee stuff methinks. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

[hide]

3nViQ.png

Furthest I could get

[/hide]

I got exactly at the same point using the magic ability. I found that there is a glimmer of light in the rocks where there is no spacing. That is presumably the actual entrance to his lair.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

(with royal bolts)

So it appears lower tier magic weapons are better because they can use stronger spells? Level 40 mystic lava staff gets 1639 damage w/ barrage, level 60 dragon spear gets 142nd89 damage.

It was good in DG until the most recent update (knives/wands/etc.) iirc. Sag short is still the best secondary weapon.

• Like 1

Tg_Ibe.png

lol the way you stand looks like chester

(....Pushed as far as I can go....)

Can't use a macaw to spot there?

• Like 1

Then they came for me

lol the way you stand looks like chester

(....Pushed as far as I can go....)

Can't use a macaw to spot there?

You might be able to but there's not really anything interesting

• Like 1