Vorago Teaser - June 24th

Urza285

It would just end up being balanced for enormous fcs filled with maxed players though. You can't have a drop rate rise with the number of players and still be fair to small teams, yet stay rare enough so as not to flood the market when the giant clans all start going after the boss. You will end up with almost no drops entering the game or a massive flood of them as teams get 15 second kills.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

It would just end up being balanced for enormous fcs filled with maxed players though. You can't have a drop rate rise with the number of players and still be fair to small teams, yet stay rare enough so as not to flood the market when the giant clans all start going after the boss. You will end up with almost no drops entering the game or a massive flood of them as teams get 15 second kills.

If they make good mechanics to the loot I don't think it will be so black and white.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

BTS is out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL05126FA13EDBEB7E&v=HNshs8-s3MU&feature=player_embedded

Living rock Patriarch is a grandfather apparently. And someone has been playing Shadow of the Colossus recently...Discuss

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

BTS is out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL05126FA13EDBEB7E&v=HNshs8-s3MU&feature=player_embedded

Living rock Patriarch is a grandfather apparently. And someone has been playing Shadow of the Colossus recently...Discuss

CYA VIRTUS CYA SEASINGERS CYA SEMIBALANCED COMBAT TRIANGLE

what the absolute (bleep) are they thinking; introducing t90 mage gear................................................. this is why they went about releasing all the t90 weapons in the first place!

• Like 2
meamzed.png

Kalphite King should have dropped the kalphite warrior thingy armour form Solomon's as a Lv. 90 set of armour instead of having it be a cosmetic reskin, and Ascension dungeon would have been perfect for Lv. 90 ranged armour, but noooo.

• Like 4

Kalphite King should have dropped the kalphite warrior thingy armour form Solomon's as a Lv. 90 set of armour instead of having it be a cosmetic reskin, and Ascension dungeon would have been perfect for Lv. 90 ranged armour, but noooo.

But then how wold they piss us off? Where is the fun in that?

Also, isn't it about time Nex gear stops being the best gear? The lack of armor still means they can develope more content to make up for it.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I think the intention is that in order to fight Vorago you will almost definitely need PoP armor (Perhaps this is a part of the entrance "50k hitsplat" requirement), and thus the need for the Tier 90 Armor will also bring a need for PoP armor, allowing both to be highly sought-after at once.

I wonder what kind of armor it would be--it certainly won't be Tank armor considering PoP is t85, but releasing another tier of Offense armor would be rather boring (and devalue Virtus, although that isn't the worst thing in the world considering how overpriced it is). I guess we'll have to see.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

^ PoP armour is lv 85.

And releasing "another set of offensive armour"?

Nex is Lv. 80, this is going to be Lv. 90.

I stand corrected--thanks. Thankfully the point about PoP armor still stands :P

I don't know, I just find Offense armor to be the easy way out to make something popular and sought-after. It'd be nice to have another tier of armor with interesting set effects, but with the way things are going I guess we'll have to wait for t99 for those.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Extremely easy to fix. The drop rate climbs to the cap for players and then goes back down to solo rates if you go above a certain point over the cap.

And I don't know how much bossing you've done but every serious PvMer I've met will tell you they would rather go in a medium to small size team rather than a mass because of lag increases and all sorts of other reasons.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

BTS is out

Watched it thinking "great another boss whose feet are going to be real painful after the fight.." But then I saw the part where a person climbed onto its head - though this is probably a one-off tactic by the looks of things.

LgEZt.png

That looks interesting, the 50k damage hit seems interesting, I hope it's not artificially difficult like the typical 'ignores protect prayer' crap.

The jumping on top manoeuvre looks like it requires some climbing to do, I wonder how it'll perform solo - Vorago probably keeps attacking while you climb.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Extremely easy to fix. The drop rate climbs to the cap for players and then goes back down to solo rates if you go above a certain point over the cap.

And I don't know how much bossing you've done but every serious PvMer I've met will tell you they would rather go in a medium to small size team rather than a mass because of lag increases and all sorts of other reasons.

That's exactly why I don't want a boss where massing is the most efficient. The system of a seperate drop for every player works fine with an untradeable "side project" like the Armadyl Battlestaff, but for the big tradeable prizes, I think a single drop is a lot more practical.

I think you will probably be able to barricade the 50k hit.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

People whined enough when the kalphite king was released that only melee got level 90 weapons. Can you imagine the reaction if melee got level 90 weapons an level 90 armor? No, they picked the right way to do this, with level 90 weapons only until all three combat styles have them, then going back and introducing level 90 armors.

Grate_Scot.png

People whined enough when the kalphite king was released that only melee got level 90 weapons. Can you imagine the reaction if melee got level 90 weapons an level 90 armor? No, they picked the right way to do this, with level 90 weapons only until all three combat styles have them, then going back and introducing level 90 armors.

Also, with level 90 magic armor, we will have a defence against the most common level 90 weapon.

That's exactly why I don't want a boss where massing is the most efficient. The system of a seperate drop for every player works fine with an untradeable "side project" like the Armadyl Battlestaff, but for the big tradeable prizes, I think a single drop is a lot more practical.

The system I literally just outlined encourages teams and discourages masses...did you even read it?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Yeah the 50k hit is probably a gateway test, due to the easily accessible location, to stop complete low levels from going in and instantly dying :P

Yes instead of going in and dying instantly, they'll go in, and die... instantly.

As regards abilities to bypass the 50k, how possible is this going to be with the constraints of adrenaline? Especially as adrenaline could be force reset upon entering.

LgEZt.png

Might be possible to build adrenaline on some minis as well. I'm sure it is a very reasonable mechanic.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Yeah the 50k hit is probably a gateway test, due to the easily accessible location, to stop complete low levels from going in and instantly dying :P

Yes instead of going in and dying instantly, they'll go in, and die... instantly.

As regards abilities to bypass the 50k, how possible is this going to be with the constraints of adrenaline? Especially as adrenaline could be force reset upon entering.

maybe we can resonance it.... hermmmmmmmmm

OR, maybe we need the t90 gear to survive the 50k damage? Problemos?

meamzed.png

Maybe you get boosted to full adren upon entering, cannot use any abilies aside from immortality, so you have 30 seconds to get through the agility section? Dunno.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'm curious why the release of another magic set at the moment? I'm thinking we might be getting our t90 tank mage set. Granted we needed another two handed weapons, which we didn't get, but now virtus wand and book kind of has some heat taken away with this new siesmic wand and orb coming out. I'll probably buy the virtus wand and book later when it starts dropping to a decent price.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

i'm gonna go ahead and say jagex will troll us and make it t90 hybrid just so it wont decrease ports for its tank gear or nex for offense gear.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!