Vorago Teaser - June 24th

Urza285

i'm gonna go ahead and say jagex will troll us and make it t90 hybrid just so it wont decrease ports for its tank gear or nex for offense gear.

I think that would be cool.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So... Bets on how long it is til the JMod who created Nex throws his usual tantrum and gets Nex armours increased to 90? Or makes T90 Tank armour so Virtus is sitll best?

Because we all know how being the best armour in game went for PoP stuff. :rolleyes: And ofc... NEX IS DA BEST BAWS IN GAME FACT.

• Like 1

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Chris L said Nex herself would be getting a buff, ofc it is unknown if the gear will be buffed as well.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

It would just end up being balanced for enormous fcs filled with maxed players though. You can't have a drop rate rise with the number of players and still be fair to small teams, yet stay rare enough so as not to flood the market when the giant clans all start going after the boss. You will end up with almost no drops entering the game or a massive flood of them as teams get 15 second kills.

Extremely easy to fix. The drop rate climbs to the cap for players and then goes back down to solo rates if you go above a certain point over the cap.

And I don't know how much bossing you've done but every serious PvMer I've met will tell you they would rather go in a medium to small size team rather than a mass because of lag increases and all sorts of other reasons.

That's exactly why I don't want a boss where massing is the most efficient. The system of a seperate drop for every player works fine with an untradeable "side project" like the Armadyl Battlestaff, but for the big tradeable prizes, I think a single drop is a lot more practical.

The system I literally just outlined encourages teams and discourages masses...did you even read it?

The thing with your suggestion is that it doesn't "encourage" teams, it requires them. It's a very rigid system that punishes not lack of skill or resources, but the player not conforming to Jagex's vision of this particular boss (big teams).

I've also read all of your posts on the subject. I think having a fixed team size just to be thematic is detrimental to an RPG in which choice is a fundamental part.

Chris L said Nex herself would be getting a buff, ofc it is unknown if the gear will be buffed as well.

Inb4 campaign to preserve Nex set prices.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

i'm gonna go ahead and say jagex will troll us and make it t90 hybrid just so it wont decrease ports for its tank gear or nex for offense gear.

It'd be the first set of hybrid gear to solve hybrid gear's biggest problem: defenses that are too low to be of use to anyone.

Not to say it wouldn't be saddled with all of the class's other problems, but having T75 defenses across the board is a consolation prize of sorts.

• Like 1

It'd be the first set of hybrid gear to solve hybrid gear's biggest problem: defenses that are too low to be of use to anyone.

Not to say it wouldn't be saddled with all of the class's other problems, but having T75 defenses across the board is a consolation prize of sorts.

Wouldn't it be called hybrid armor rather than mage armor if that was the case?

Edit: "A 3 piece armor set that is level 90 magic". I'd assume it would require 90 ranged and strength if it was hybrid.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

So... Bets on how long it is til the JMod who created Nex throws his usual tantrum and gets Nex armours increased to 90? Or makes T90 Tank armour so Virtus is sitll best?

Because we all know how being the best armour in game went for PoP stuff. :rolleyes: And ofc... NEX IS DA BEST BAWS IN GAME FACT.

The problem with this, is that the guy who made Nex is the same one making this boss. So...

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

The problem with this, is that the guy who made Nex is the same one making this boss. So...

Lmfao I was thinking the same thing and wondering when someone was going to drop that bomb. Hahaha...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

you had better not be serious........ Jagex has buffer/fixed/nerfed/abused/poked things into nex more times than the number of bots they've banned........ Getting real sick of your shit jagex

meamzed.png

you had better not be serious........ Jagex has buffer/fixed/nerfed/abused/poked things into nex more times than the number of bots they've banned........ Getting real sick of your shit jagex

Instances have been confimed to be ready for Nex, so I'm assuming she'll just have hardmode added too. Mass ice prison please, and random phases? Would be nice. I'm sure Chris L knows what he's doing though.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Mass ice prison please

Yeah let's make it so that without bug abuse nex can randomly kill a person without you being able to help each other.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Yay. Buffed KK after I just learned how to do it. Now buff nex the day after I learn how to do it.

>.>

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Mass ice prison please

Yeah let's make it so that without bug abuse nex can randomly kill a person without you being able to help each other.

Because being full adrenailine, switching to shield and barricading is so difficult.

Or, food. ;)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Mass ice prison please

Because being full adrenailine, switching to shield and barricading is so difficult.

Or, food. ;)

Still: you DESTROY the fun mechanics to make it ARBITRARY difficult. Really from something that actually was fun and required teamwork to solve you make it so it is once again a single player thing. And yes I consider item swapping for such things bug abuse. In my opinion item swapping should instantly remove all adrenaline, so you have to choose beforehand what type of player you wish to be: tanklike or damage like.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Maybe I'm weird but my interest in this boss isn't peaked at the armor/ weapon drop or the 50k damage you have to survive as much as it is when Chris L mentions the rotating mastery of skill/tactics players would have to learn each week and the ability to climb on the boss. Someone told me that they know 66 agility is required along with 90 magic for this boss, but if we have to be able to run around a titan like beast and play Ice climbers on this thing, I thinking between 80 to 90 agility is what players would need. And if since we are able to climb him, there has to be some major weak spot on him (or multiple changing weak spots). Wonder how Chris L would make that obviously to players.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Maybe I'm weird but my interest in this boss isn't peaked at the armor/ weapon drop or the 50k damage you have to survive as much as it is when Chris L mentions the rotating mastery of skill/tactics players would have to learn each week and the ability to climb on the boss. Someone told me that they know 66 agility is required along with 90 magic for this boss, but if we have to be able to run around a titan like beast and play Ice climbers on this thing, I thinking between 80 to 90 agility is what players would need. And if since we are able to climb him, there has to be some major weak spot on him (or multiple changing weak spots). Wonder how Chris L would make that obviously to players.

The climbing on him seems to be a distracting tactic, which could be an interesting mechanic. I just hope the climbing thing isn't just a superficial mechanic, ie "We should totally have people climb on bosses, let's try and find a way for them to do it", rather than "It should be a key weak spot of the boss, and players will have to be able to climb to utilise it". Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for it being anything that isn't either mandatory for each kill, or providing an irrelevant other means to damage the boss.

LgEZt.png

I'm intrigued by the climbing mechanic. will vorago have a set rotation where he will move around the room? will he not move and just stay under jump spot? or will jagex actually make it a challenge and require him to be lured.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

The climbing on him seems to be a distracting tactic, which could be an interesting mechanic. I just hope the climbing thing isn't just a superficial mechanic, ie "We should totally have people climb on bosses, let's try and find a way for them to do it", rather than "It should be a key weak spot of the boss, and players will have to be able to climb to utilise it". Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for it being anything that isn't either mandatory for each kill, or providing an irrelevant other means to damage the boss.

I too hope it is the latter "key weak spot players have climb to use" Chris L has in mind. I joked about it reminding me about Shadow of the Colossus but only because I really enjoyed that game. Climbing on the bosses to get to a changing weak spot to make it more vulnerable was a major mechanic and it was actually hard to do. Not climbing itself always but falling rocks, diving underwater, ways you could not climb the boss, etc. As far as I remember those Colossus were impossible to kill otherwise. I hope Chris L has that in mind.

I'm intrigued by the climbing mechanic. will vorago have a set rotation where he will move around the room? will he not move and just stay under jump spot? or will jagex actually make it a challenge and require him to be lured.

By the look of the BTS Vorago can move and jump and might require luring. As far as I remember, he was breaking the ground under him where players could potential fall to their deaths.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Inb4 memes or photoshops or whatever of a Harry Potter like character shoving a Virtus Wand up his nose.

• Like 2

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Vorago update is confirmed for today from mod Michelle on twitter.

Get your runes, potions and food. Stock up on unicorn pouches and scrolls ladies and gentlemen because things are going to get UGLY!

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Going to be QBD killing for a bit of cash for rune restock and buying the 15 minute dwarf gravestone. Plenty of potions and soups to last a while there.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Any guesses on what this new loot system will be like and the prices of gear/weapons? I wana try and snipe a wand for cheap maybe.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Any guesses on what this new loot system will be like and the prices of gear/weapons? I wana try and snipe a wand for cheap maybe.

I got a hunch that because the armour requires it to be runecrafted that the loot system will rely heavily on people getting pieces of the armour. The jackpot effect might still be in place for the wand and orb though.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png