Behind the Scenes: July

What could work is if Vorago dropped say, 1 time use 10 hr upgrades for virtus.

Sounds like pvp gear.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Or like gando flakes (dropped en masse in ffa)

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Given Jagex's current inclination towards revealing almost everything in the news post (note the displeasure..) we have probably 8-12 hours before all is revealed anyway.

Going to stick with the theory in my previous post, that the high RC level will become an effective requirement to use this new armour. Upgrading Virtus/SS would be nonsensical on so many levels.. Let's hope my slight faith in Jagex on this situation isn't misplaced.

LgEZt.png

I'm hoping that the announcement wednesday is them saying:

Due to unforeseen troubles with html5 we are releasing divination pre-html5 live release. We are sorry that divinations release date is not set in stone.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hate to shit on before it's even out but if Vorago has more BS instakill attacks I doubt I'll be trying it any time soon. You know, I wish just once that my T85 armor which took months of consistent input and high skills to obtain actually protected me from something.

Wait, you want your armor to protect you from something? Everyone knows that the only point of armor is to make you hit harder.

Bosses are also meant to be a challenge you know.

Runescape is based on gear and skill acquisition. A 1hko that ignores all you've worked for is not challenging.

However, tetsu actually do protect you rather well.

Tetsu doesn't protect you any more than any other armor. All it does is let you dodge more hits. When you get hit you still receive the full force of that attack. It's ironic, because while Defence is supposed to be the counter to Attack and Strength, it only actually counters Attack.

A 1-hit KO is still a challenge according to me. RS isn't based all about gear and skill acquisition. Or well, that depends upon your definition of "skill" here. If you mean the 25 skills like dungeoneering and runecrafting, then it certainly isn't true. You need to adapt and earn new skills within the world of Gielnor as well, setting up new strategies depending on what you are doing. For example: If I would go and try to kill Nex with the same strategy I use for the average goblin I probably would die rather quickly. Bossing is supposed to be a challenge. Then I can agree on that gear should still help you. But most probably it will help you with the "rest" of the boss defeat. A 1 hit KO is just an extra challenge. This is however a matter of opinion. Of course.

And what you just said about tetsu proves this further. I don't get hit as often with it equipped than without it = protection according to me. Perhaps not the best combat system in the world, but it works more than OK for me.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Vorago was always going to be a high profit boss just from the t90 weapons. I hope they don't make the armour hybrid or a Nex/PoP upgrade. Hopefully he just means the armour will have a drop rate more typical of older bosses combined with it being so hard to kill meaning Nex/PoP armour will still be the only 'practical' armours to use for 99.9% of the RS population.

Asmodean <3

Vorago was always going to be a high profit boss just from the t90 weapons. I hope they don't make the armour hybrid or a Nex/PoP upgrade. Hopefully he just means the armour will have a drop rate more typical of older bosses combined with it being so hard to kill meaning Nex/PoP armour will still be the only 'practical' armours to use for 99.9% of the RS population.

sigh, this was something i never liked about the old days (2009ish), only the obscenely rich could afford the best gear; divines/elysians. such gear should NOT be available to only the richest of people, riches over skills is really pathetic.

and, if you can use the drops to upgrade stuff, i will bet you 10 billion bloody gp that you can't upgrade seasingers, only virtus............

meamzed.png

I do believe it will be an upgrade for virtus.

I mean, how else can you make Nex more profitable?

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

The point is not to make nex more profitable. The point should be to make nex a stepping stone to being a more learned and geared PVMer when stepping up to vorago. That exactly what GWD should be for nex as well.

Nothing is ever as linear as we would like to think in runescape, but generally skill-wise its the case. You pretty much advance I skill going from KBD, KQ, GWD, QBD/GWDHM, KK, and then nex.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hmmm to buy Virtus or not to buy Virtus that is the question. I know that if I buy it, it's more than likely that Vorago wont drop stuff to attach to Virtus and when I come back home this evening I'll make a loss selling it back. BUT if I don't buy Virtus I know it'll be Sod's Law that stuff will be attached to Virtus and I'll never be able to afford a piece again.

Decisions decisions...

V: 29-0/38+/35-6

Are the ranges etc btw according to the Nex and SS status V7 on RSOF with the last update being 11:23 (9 mins before I made this post).

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Worst BTS I've seen for years. Unless they're planning to surprise us with Divination, then poor effort Jagex.

They did surprise us with RS3.. well not really surprise but that is why the BTS is light. Divination comes about a month after in august.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

sigh, this was something i never liked about the old days (2009ish), only the obscenely rich could afford the best gear; divines/elysians. such gear should NOT be available to only the richest of people, riches over skills is really pathetic.

and, if you can use the drops to upgrade stuff, i will bet you 10 billion bloody gp that you can't upgrade seasingers, only virtus............

Wealth over skills has nothing to do with it. 99 in all buyables should be a priority over any significant wealth investment in gear.

There should be gear which is relatively easy to obtain which players can use to be able to complete content satisfactorily. Currently this role is fulfilled by PoP gear for PVM (PoP tanks are easy to get Nex teams for, as well as being used at Vorago now) and lower GWD gear for slayer/other DPS.

However there should also be gear for those willing to go above and beyond - at current pricing only the ascension crossbows are even vaguely in this class. Think spirit shields when they were worth lower hats, and Nex gear before the increase in drop rate. None of this gear should be required to participate in content (e.g. you can very easily get Nex teams without ascensions) but the content should exist for those willing to put the time in, and should offer significant enough bonuses to be desirable.

The entire playerbase doesn't need to be dragged down to the level of the average player - all types of player can be catered for.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3