03-Jul-2013 - Vorago: High-Level Boss Fight

You need a unicorn or a pack yak, especially if you don't have ports armor. You'll struggle but you'll probably be fine. You will be a liability on the 5th stage though. This assumes you know exactly what you're doing.

As a maxed combat player (Well, almost, I am very close to 197), I would say that yak is required. You'll need the food even if you have a great team, know exactly what to do and how to do it. Unicorn won't do it unless you get really lucky. At least not with the tactics most of the players/teams seems to use right now. Ports/Nex armour is not required for every single player in the team, but strongly recommended. Without POP/Nex gear you will probably not be accepted in the best teams either. Without anything great team and in non POP/Nex-gear you'll most probably not manage to get the kill. This is from my experience so far from many different teams and kills. I myself am using Yak, tetsu, dual drygores/arcane shield and 'the usuals' for the rest of my setup. Even though I just bring one ovl flask, one prayer restore and a few p pots, with the rest being rocktails, I still find myself out of food towards the end of the kill at times. So I would strongly recommend POP/Nex gear.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

You need a unicorn or a pack yak, especially if you don't have ports armor. You'll struggle but you'll probably be fine. You will be a liability on the 5th stage though. This assumes you know exactly what you're doing.

As a maxed combat player (Well, almost, I am very close to 197), I would say that yak is required.

We're done it with a unicorn. Was just starting it with a titan before worlds started to DC.

09144a99bb.png

For the final phase, it's best to wait till first reflect to end, then the WHOLE TEAM needs to zerk at once, this will push him back to the edge and pretty much guarantee a kill in the fastest time. Also in a smaller team, you don't need to zerk for the Bring Him Down bit, just standard threshold. If ranging, it's best to use rapid fire, then unload once the weapon part has fallen to the floor, speeding up the phase.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

For the final phase, it's best to wait till first reflect to end, then the WHOLE TEAM needs to zerk at once, this will push him back to the edge and pretty much guarantee a kill in the fastest time. Also in a smaller team, you don't need to zerk for the Bring Him Down bit, just standard threshold. If ranging, it's best to use rapid fire, then unload once the weapon part has fallen to the floor, speeding up the phase.

What do you mean by first reflect? Watched your stream. I know what ya mean now.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Or jagex could just widen the target zone and code it so vorago complies.

This. Really don't see why it has to be on a specific square that's so easy to mess up luring to :/

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I like that with Vorago that although (theoretically) there isn't a risk of losing your items on death, there is a risk to dying - not being able to return to the trip.

Which might be the standard to their new PVM instance encounters. Either that or they might branch off and let you return to other instance encounters where the fight will obviously be longer or more extensive for legitimate teams.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think not letting people return on death, or at least not too easily is a good move.

It's that mechanic that has probably kept GWD gear higher than it otherwise would be and, to a much lesser extent, acts on Nex via the KC/Robes reqs to get back in. Also a mechanic sort of at play on QBD and Legiones (to my understanding). Compared to all the other bosses that are kinda worthless where you can just meander back in.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So, the new phases:

Phase #3

After landing he'll use reflect soon, after that he'll start spawning a lot of lv 165 minions, they can't stack on each other, but you can't move under them like most of monsters on runescape, so they'll block your path, Vorago doesn't heal on this phase, so it's DPS race before the minions kill ya, he'll still use bleeds on this phase

Phase #4

The same as before, except that he'll now summon the same minions from phase 3, making it harder to get to the waterfalls as they get in your way, and making surge a very dangerous ability to use, because if you hit a minion on the way, you can consider yourself dead

Phase #5

The same except that... You guessed it! Minions!, not as many as the other phases, but they can manage to sneak under the people meleeing Vorago, so it's advisable to have someone dispatch them while the others push Vorago back

The 3rd phase is actually easier compared to the last one, as you don't take much damage, you just have to time your vokes right and try not move so much, as it can be annoying for some people getting the minions on their way

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Third phase is a lot easier. We ignore the minions on phase 3 and 4. On phase 5, we have the tanks assigned to killing minions. When he does reflect, everyone kills the minions. Works great. Not at all harder then before once you get the hang of it.

09144a99bb.png

Phase #5

The same except that... You guessed it! Minions!

[hide]Despicable-me-minions_zps928eb25c.jpg[/hide]

All I can think about now this morning. :D

• Like 8

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Nothing like a vorago kill at 2 am ish, and when he starts charging waterfall attack, our world DCs, taking a lot of our team along the way. Thankfully it came back on soon after

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Same thing happened to us. The server issues are ridiculous. The forums have blown up about it and still the only thing Jagex can tell us is, "They're working hard to fix it". It's been well over a week since the DCs became every hour or so... How [bleep]ing hard are they working?

Inb4RuneCoins4Bandwidth.

• Like 3

09144a99bb.png

With the server issues my override feeling is Vorago, and maybe the new quest, are breaking it due to being patched backwards in to an engine they were not designed for.

Why?

Well we had a jmod quote direct from the devs mouth saying Vorago 'needs html5' (assuming this means the rs3 engine as a whole)

We equally had several instances of being told new quests and bosses were lined up for after rs3 to make use of all the amazing tech.

It just kinda seems like rs3 was meant to be early July and they have forced 2 rs3 updates in to early july when rs 3 got delayed, but they don't work right and cause server crashes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Inb4RuneCoins4Bandwidth.

*shhhhhh* Don't give them any ideas! :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Inb4RuneCoins4Bandwidth.

*shhhhhh* Don't give them any ideas! :P

Inb4SpinsforServerStability

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

You've won a Reconnection token! Wow!

A Reconnection token! is a special button that is added to your computer. Whenever you are playing the game and get connection lost, just press the button and you'll be reconnected to the game right where you left off*!

*Statement is open ended. Rollback reverting the past 5 to 45 minutes possible.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

And only works once. But if you buy 200 spin at a time you have a chance to win a permanent version!

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The chance is ten million times less than the chance to win a lucky divine, too!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

With the server issues my override feeling is Vorago, and maybe the new quest, are breaking it due to being patched backwards in to an engine they were not designed for.

Why?

Well we had a jmod quote direct from the devs mouth saying Vorago 'needs html5' (assuming this means the rs3 engine as a whole)

We equally had several instances of being told new quests and bosses were lined up for after rs3 to make use of all the amazing tech.

It just kinda seems like rs3 was meant to be early July and they have forced 2 rs3 updates in to early july when rs 3 got delayed, but they don't work right and cause server crashes.

ipcs.png

As it stands, anyway, all current in-game content has already been prepared and converted to work with HTML5, so it's not the fault of the last two content releases.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

However, the NIS engine is vastly improved compared to current engine, (everyone I've heard of says NIS is way smoother) so I am curious how much that will impact performance after launch...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014