Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

03-Jul-2013 - Vorago: High-Level Boss Fight

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

You don't take a lot of damage on the final stage, as dpser. I was soulsplitting with superior vampirism and not losing health until the tanks died and bombs started falling amongst the melee lines.

I would like to note that my idea of the KK requiring a line of pikes protecting a line of rangers is nearly what happens at Vorago.

I remember your post about that and I find it a lovely thing to add to the combat system!

Now with the Battle of Lumbridge coming soon, wouldn't it just be awesome to have actual armies in ranks, impenetrable because of the use of spears and shields, causing your troops to attack from the flanks? :P

I wish so much that they could do this... But let's face it. It's not going to be anything like that. Hell most of the battles - ie. Whiterun - on Skyrim are meant to be big, grand and epic, considering that the Imperials and Stormcloaks are massive in terms of numbers (or so we're led to believe) - whereas the reality is there's a couple of wooden barricades that take 2 hits to down and about 25 or so soldiers you have to kill. Don't forget Bethesda have much better graphics, artists, coders, and the like. Hell, not even Ubisoft with AC3's new Anvil Next engine managed to make a "playable" army battlefield just yet.

With Jagex I think it's going to be a watered down version of the RotM battle, because don't forget, everyone's got to be able to do it. Or then again... A conquest like scenario where we move groups of troops etc? Anyways It'll be a few rounds of monsters or whatever considering who's trying to take it, and perhaps we'll end up with Skyrim like maps on tables in throne rooms etc in order for us to assess the sway of power.

Ever seen the Total War games? :D

X3EN
[ Display Name History ]

X3EN

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:oO000oO0oO00

Ever seen the Total War games? :D

Total War series do allow large scale battles, but you do not have individual units (as in, you cannot control individual units).
Which is a big letdown; but that allows to have a real 3D world instead of a pseudo 3D OR isometric.

As a long time RTS fan, I am familiar with games that have MP games where 2k units / player are the norm (typical games are 1v1, 2v2 or 8 player FFA). And yes, you can control individual units.
The downside is that ever since I played that series (and a spin-off series), every other RTS only qualifies as just some tactical village wars with no long-term strategy implications. But since I saw 'Blitzkrieg', which is a 100% pure RTT (real time tactics) game classified as RTS, I do understand why those games are classed as RTS as well.
And due to various limitations imposed in TW series, I could rename it to "Town Wars" at best. Not Total War.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
Still, I would love to see some phalanxes or testudo-formations in RuneScape. :P

Also worth noting: it seems Total War is trying to give the battle unit's persons a bigger impact with Rome 2. But I agree, Total War is a semi turned based, semi real time strategie game. :)

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
Friend got wand. :D.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
^ Got it on stream. :P.

09144a99bb.png

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar
OH COME ON AS SOON AS I LEAVE

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

PolarBearBlue
[ Display Name History ]

PolarBearBlue

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • RSN:Polarbearblu
  • RSN2:Ligertype0
  • Clan:HYT
So I know pretty much maxed players kill Vorago, but how would a mid high level player fair with Vorago? And how good/bad a public matches?
29386_s.gif
"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie
[Slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,783 posts
You need a unicorn or a pack yak, especially if you don't have ports armor. You'll struggle but you'll probably be fine. You will be a liability on the 5th stage though. This assumes you know exactly what you're doing.

constrictor
[ Display Name History ]

constrictor

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • RSN:Accia
Once I get the Summ levels, I may have to try this out.

How would a maxed combat player, minus ports armour, fair?

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Am I the only one disappointed by the drops from vorago? The dusts are floating around 1-1.5m and the rest is rubbish - even if you manage to get them.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

You need a unicorn or a pack yak, especially if you don't have ports armor. You'll struggle but you'll probably be fine. You will be a liability on the 5th stage though. This assumes you know exactly what you're doing.

As a maxed combat player (Well, almost, I am very close to 197), I would say that yak is required. You'll need the food even if you have a great team, know exactly what to do and how to do it. Unicorn won't do it unless you get really lucky. At least not with the tactics most of the players/teams seems to use right now. Ports/Nex armour is not required for every single player in the team, but strongly recommended. Without POP/Nex gear you will probably not be accepted in the best teams either. Without anything great team and in non POP/Nex-gear you'll most probably not manage to get the kill. This is from my experience so far from many different teams and kills. I myself am using Yak, tetsu, dual drygores/arcane shield and 'the usuals' for the rest of my setup. Even though I just bring one ovl flask, one prayer restore and a few p pots, with the rest being rocktails, I still find myself out of food towards the end of the kill at times. So I would strongly recommend POP/Nex gear.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

As a maxed combat player (Well, almost, I am very close to 197), I would say that yak is required.

We're done it with a unicorn. Was just starting it with a titan before worlds started to DC.

09144a99bb.png

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
For the final phase, it's best to wait till first reflect to end, then the WHOLE TEAM needs to zerk at once, this will push him back to the edge and pretty much guarantee a kill in the fastest time. Also in a smaller team, you don't need to zerk for the Bring Him Down bit, just standard threshold. If ranging, it's best to use rapid fire, then unload once the weapon part has fallen to the floor, speeding up the phase.

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

PolarBearBlue
[ Display Name History ]

PolarBearBlue

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • RSN:Polarbearblu
  • RSN2:Ligertype0
  • Clan:HYT

For the final phase, it's best to wait till first reflect to end, then the WHOLE TEAM needs to zerk at once, this will push him back to the edge and pretty much guarantee a kill in the fastest time. Also in a smaller team, you don't need to zerk for the Bring Him Down bit, just standard threshold. If ranging, it's best to use rapid fire, then unload once the weapon part has fallen to the floor, speeding up the phase.

What do you mean by first reflect? Watched your stream. I know what ya mean now.
29386_s.gif
"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie
[Slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Or from Woox:
Posted Image

09144a99bb.png

Artemis1330
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis1330

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,756 posts
  • RSN:Rufioso
  • RSN '07:Rufio 07
wtf jagex didn't say you could do that ban him!!! bug abuse ban him!!!

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Or jagex could just widen the target zone and code it so vorago complies.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.

Or jagex could just widen the target zone and code it so vorago complies.

This. Really don't see why it has to be on a specific square that's so easy to mess up luring to :/

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

crazycdcm
[ Display Name History ]

crazycdcm

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RSN:Vodka
I like that with Vorago that although (theoretically) there isn't a risk of losing your items on death, there is a risk to dying - not being able to return to the trip.

Mylez
[ Display Name History ]

Mylez

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,743 posts
  • RSN:Dyze
Stev #1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users