03-Jul-2013 - Vorago: High-Level Boss Fight

BEFORE the battle? well I guess 20 secs into the battle counts as before...

Welp, chalk it up to another piece of content I can't do for lack of Ports/Nex Gear. Still sound very fun.

I think this will ultimately become a very fun TET monster, with quite good reqards, and certainly doable then.

Excited to hear how people find out how to kill it, etc.

Welp, chalk it up to another piece of content I can't do for lack of Ports/Nex Gear. Still sound very fun.

50,000/6=8333

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

50,000/6=8333

Even still, I get the impression Barrows gear won't cut it here.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

50,000/6=8333

Maybe with bonfire bonus and like a sarabrew or something, I dunno.

50,000/6=8333

Runescape's combat system has never been accurate enough to require a certain tier of item, it just makes it easier.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

[hide]

50,000/6=8333

Maybe with bonfire bonus and like a sarabrew or something, I dunno.

[/hide]

Well of course of course but I meant for the duration of the battle.

[hide]

50,000/6=8333

Runescape's combat system has never been accurate enough to require a certain tier of item, it just makes it easier.

[/hide]

Well then I guess I need to find 6 more people to fight with. 7143 damage leaves me room to heal and not [bleep] myself when I get hit.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

s6z.png

His default attack appears to be multitarget melee that hits everyone adjacent to him.

Killed by a multitarget attack that hit the dude next to me for 7k.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You cannot teleport out of the boss fight. At least I tried to teleport with tele tablet and it didn't work. You have to die and then when you go back to cave select enter graveyard and you will go to a room with lots of graves in it, find yours.

Dakr06.png

Anybody have an idea of what attacks there are then?

Aside from that multi-hit melee that hits everybody adjacent..guessing there's a range attack to hit Mage/rangers at that stage

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

For the first phase there's some blue and red shards of rock that fly at you, on hit they damage you and anyone nearby. Also supposedly hit for more damage if you're in motion when they land. Seen up to 7000 damage with the red shard.

To beat the first phase you need to lower his LP enough and lure him to an overhanging rock (Provoke helps), where one team member jumps on to him from to dislodge the first weapon piece.

For the second phase there's some gravity field which appears, and you need to lure him there and take out all his LP, after which you get a message to deal as much damage to him as possible to dislodge the second weapon piece (think blood phase, but tons more LP). In this phase he uses Dismember (or Slaughter?) on occasion, and if a player stays within melee distance for too long, he's got a smash attack that hits 4500 on the target.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The third phase has minis, apparently

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

so it can be 5 maned, but must be wearing high gear, or else you'd need more people in there. Let's see how it pans out. I highly suspect it'll have a nerf soon (perhaps 40k health?)

The only thing I think would be nice of them to do is give a warning at the 10 second mark if less than 5 people joined and give you the option of cancelling the challenge. Maybe. I dunno. But I really don't think the damage entry should be nerfed.

E: And automatically kicking people out at the 20 second mark if they can't survive the hit. I'm tired of trolls ruining public sessions.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

Inb4 hiring soakers to be kicked out after initial hit. Paying 200k / person.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Armor is power armor (there goes my hopes that the Ports update would let you add a damage bonus with no LP/Armor change and making it t9).

Starting GE prices are 100 m for the helm, 125 mil for the bottom, and 175 mil for the top.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword