Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

03-Jul-2013 - Vorago: High-Level Boss Fight

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,769 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Don't do an emote right before the fight starts or you'll get hit and not go into the fight. This is intentional, to prevent stalling :/

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
haha owned ^

so tactics so far? The bomb? barricade? Run through him so he gets hit himself?

Cheers

I need pop armour so bad
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Drazhor
Anybody have an idea of what attacks there are then?
Aside from that multi-hit melee that hits everybody adjacent..guessing there's a range attack to hit Mage/rangers at that stage
Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
For the first phase there's some blue and red shards of rock that fly at you, on hit they damage you and anyone nearby. Also supposedly hit for more damage if you're in motion when they land. Seen up to 7000 damage with the red shard.

To beat the first phase you need to lower his LP enough and lure him to an overhanging rock (Provoke helps), where one team member jumps on to him from to dislodge the first weapon piece.

For the second phase there's some gravity field which appears, and you need to lure him there and take out all his LP, after which you get a message to deal as much damage to him as possible to dislodge the second weapon piece (think blood phase, but tons more LP). In this phase he uses Dismember (or Slaughter?) on occasion, and if a player stays within melee distance for too long, he's got a smash attack that hits 4500 on the target.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar
The third phase has minis, apparently

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

so it can be 5 maned, but must be wearing high gear, or else you'd need more people in there. Let's see how it pans out. I highly suspect it'll have a nerf soon (perhaps 40k health?)

The only thing I think would be nice of them to do is give a warning at the 10 second mark if less than 5 people joined and give you the option of cancelling the challenge. Maybe. I dunno. But I really don't think the damage entry should be nerfed.

E: And automatically kicking people out at the 20 second mark if they can't survive the hit. I'm tired of trolls ruining public sessions.

hzvjpwS.gif

X3EN
[ Display Name History ]

X3EN

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 556 posts
  • RSN:oO000oO0oO00
Inb4 hiring soakers to be kicked out after initial hit. Paying 200k / person.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,769 posts
Only gotten to the last stage so far :/

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
Man this [wagon] is hard
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts
Armor is power armor (there goes my hopes that the Ports update would let you add a damage bonus with no LP/Armor change and making it t9).

Starting GE prices are 100 m for the helm, 125 mil for the bottom, and 175 mil for the top.

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
Comp cape just needs to enter the boss room, although apparently you need to actually kill it or reach the final phase at least once for trim. Considering how much whining there was over the comparatively trivial fight kiln requirement, I'm sensing a lot of upcoming tears :P

Asmodean <3

PolarBearBlue
[ Display Name History ]

PolarBearBlue

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • RSN:Polarbearblu
  • RSN2:Ligertype0
  • Clan:HYT
I am a bit proud of myself. In my little barrow gear with bonfire boost and rocktail I boosted to 9.9k hp to fight. And I didn't die too bad. Problem is there was so much [bleep] going on I couldn't focus long enough to do anything.
29386_s.gif
"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie
[Slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
5 drops doing to the top 5 in battle? GF anyone who isn't utterly maxed at getting any drops and thus making it worthwhile.
New armour degrades to zero? Unless that stuff is epic common GF T90 armour you tried but average joes probably aint gonna be using ya.

Also the comp trim req? JFEIOHEVWOUBF4PIHF23IHPEVWJOBNVW
Guess I'll have to get some pvm practice in.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None

Comp cape just needs to enter the boss room, although apparently you need to actually kill it or reach the final phase at least once for trim. Considering how much whining there was over the comparatively trivial fight kiln requirement, I'm sensing a lot of upcoming tears :P

FML

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
The 50k limit is explained by Vorago actually challenging fighters, which is nice (the KK for example wouldn't care about challenges at all).
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
Tried playing on ye olde college computers, 0.1-0.5fps.
Let's not try again. :lol:

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

PolarBearBlue
[ Display Name History ]

PolarBearBlue

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • RSN:Polarbearblu
  • RSN2:Ligertype0
  • Clan:HYT
From what I could tell melee/magic worked better than range. Note I didn't use thresholds for range because I was saving my adrenaline for a shield ability. I tried surge but it didn't do too well for me so I just used barricade. When not moving the bombs hit for 2k I believe. And even in Tetsu you get hit lot. I saw praying mage so I'm not sure what protection prayer is best.
29386_s.gif
"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie
[Slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

X3EN
[ Display Name History ]

X3EN

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 556 posts
  • RSN:oO000oO0oO00
Missing from patch notes:

Bandits (in the Bandit Camp) now give 6 combat XP less per kill.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Missing from patch notes:

Bandits (in the Bandit Camp) now give 6 combat XP less per kill.

GET RED ROBES WE PAY WE SAY AMFG TACO WTF

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar
Fourth phase you need to get behind waterfalls on fire, and wont hit normal damage until stone versions are dead

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users