22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

It is here.

We are no more playing 'Runescape', as in the version it has been for the last 9 years. Runescape has taken the next big step. We're now enjoying Runescape 3 when we play the main game version. Updated audio, new lore, a new world-changing event and a highly customization-able interface system are some of the new features.

Amazing according to me.

RuneScape 3 Now Live

RuneScape 3 is here! A new age dawns today, kicking off with the Battle of Lumbridge. Along with the hugely customisable New Interface System, the chance for fame in Seasonal Hiscores, over 6 hours of new live performed music and a range of technical improvements, it's time to play RuneScape your way.

Please note: We strongly recommend that - regardless of your computer spec - you access the Battle of Lumbridge in the Java Client for your first log-in, rather than the HTML5 Beta.

The Battle of Lumbridge (free players and members)

Unless you're currently in tutorial mode, you'll be teleported straight to Lumbridge upon log-in. Once you're there, you'll see - in no uncertain terms - that the 6th Age has started with a bang.

You'll meet Kara-Meir upon arrival. She'll explain what has happened to the landscape surrounding Lumbridge; why all-out war has broken out between two powerful factions; and what you can do to help.

Kara-Meir

You'll be able to join one of the two factions, and to collect divine tears - fragments of condensed, Guthixian energy that can be gathered through combat and skilling, both on the battlefield and off.

Each day you can collect a set amount of divine tears for your faction - more if you're a member - and the side which has collected the most after ten weeks will emerge victorious.

Please note: the Battle of Lumbridge is a huge event spanning more than two months, which will change week to week depending on your actions. For full details of what you can do, speak to the NPCs in your faction's camp and in Lumbridge, and look out for notifications in-game.

Battle of Lumbridge

Along with the opportunity to take part in this world-shaking battle and to take a hand in shaping the new age, there are some fantastic rewards on offer too. As you contribute divine tears to your cause, you'll earn renown, which can be exchanged by your faction's quartermaster for XP lamps, hybrid armour that scales with your Defence level up to 75, emotes, titles and much more. The selection of rewards will expand as the weeks go on, so be sure to take part for as long as the battle rages.

History is written by the victorious, and new worlds forged with courage and steel. Take part in the Battle of Lumbridge and leave your mark on RuneScape's 6th Age!

Seasonal Hiscores (members only)

Enjoy some time in the spotlight with Seasonal Hiscores. These hiscore tables are run over set periods of time and involve varied areas of RuneScape content, giving everyone - veteran or new player alike - the chance for their shot at glory. Compete for the chance to wear the Crown of Supremacy (and, once your reign's over, the Crown of Legends), and to earn emotes and titles worthy of your victory. You can view the seasonal hiscores in-game - via the Social tab.

The hiscores section of the website has been revamped too, along with the rest of the website. As well as the top player, clan and seasonal hiscores, you can also track the progress of the Battle of Lumbridge. Take a look at the hiscores page now!

New Interface System (free players and members)

Chances are you've already spent some time with the NIS in the beta, but our awesomely customisable interface system is now live! Whether you're a die-hard fighter, a super-efficient skiller or a wide-eyed explorer of RuneScape's vistas, every element of the interface is now yours to snap-to, resize and rearrange as you please.

If you aren't sure where to start, press 'Escape' and choose from a range of presets, geared towards combat players, skillers, and those who simply prefer the look of an old-school interface.

Get started now!

Technical Improvements (free players and members)

New audio technology means spectacular orchestral music in the game, composed by BAFTA winner James Hannigan and played by the Slovak Symphony Orchestra. Turn up your speakers or stick on your headphones!

You can also view your character in his or her full glory and experience RuneScape from a whole new viewpoint with our newly flexible camera. Zoom in and see what you think!

RuneScape 3 is just the beginning, and you are the driving force of its new age. While you're getting to grips with the new features, please keep sending us your feedback - we'll keep listening, and making the game that you want to see.

Please note: the HTML5 Client is still at beta stage. For those of you who want to try out the cutting-edge new client, we encourage you to continue testing it out, but please be aware that optimisation is still underway and performance may be affected.

Visit our RuneScape 3 Beta wiki page for information on the HTML5 Beta.

Any general RS3 questions? Take a look at our RS3 FAQ.

Enjoy!

[hide=Old Thread, RS3 release date]

Runescape 3's release date was finally revealed.

To the mods; I thought such a major piece of information deserved its own topic, instead of merging it together with the Vorago one.

We are thrilled to announce that RuneScape 3 has an official launch date: Monday 22nd July.

We can also finally reveal the centrepiece content for RuneScape 3: the Battle of Lumbridge. This will be a world event of epic scale where your decisions and actions will forever shape the story of Gielinor. The future of RuneScape is in your hands.

This is a brave new age for RuneScape in technology, story and gameplay.

Technology:

• HTML5 game client: The next generation of browser technology. It brings a big step up in visual quality with improved lighting, draw distance and colour, loading into your browser in moments, without the need for plug-ins or Java.
  • New audio engine: High-fidelity audio and music, featuring full orchestral pieces written by BAFTA Award winner James Hannigan and played by the Slovak Symphony Orchestra.
  • Seasonal high scores: Compete against your friends and the rest of the RuneScape community to rank on weekly and monthly leaderboards.

Story:

• Dawn of the Sixth Age: The gods of RuneScape are returning. Entrusted as World Guardians, players have the power to decide which gods will win and lose in their struggles for supremacy.
  • The Battle of Lumbridge: An epic-scale world event which will shake the foundations of Gielinor, and one which is driven entirely by your actions. Week by week, your choices will shape the flow of battle and the fate of characters, locations and stories, and the ultimate outcome will set the course for RuneScape’s future.

Gameplay:

• New Interface System: Designed for ease of use and massive depth of customisation, the NIS lets you quickly change RuneScape’s UI according to your play style at any given moment. It also includes feature upgrades such as key binding and a resizable minimap to put even more choice at your fingertips.
  • Upgraded camera: Overhauled and updated, a new in-game camera gives you the freedom to view Gielinor like never before.
  • New community website: Customise your community experience to your specifications, with a new easy-to-navigate website focused on your needs.
  • Divination: Prepare to unlock divine powers from your surroundings with a new skill for RuneScape 3, arriving a few weeks after launch.

Remember that RuneScape 3 is a continuation of the current game, so you’ll use your existing character, and don’t need to create a new account. You can also continue to play using the Java client if you wish – you’ll get all of the benefits of RuneScape 3, just without the visual upgrades.

In the meantime, these three steps will get you ready for launch:

Prepare your Computer

Install Google Chrome and make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

Catch Up on the Story

Play The World Wakes and complete the God Emissaries jobs, and watch the Origins of Gielinor motion comic to see the epic chain of events that led to this point.

Preview New Gameplay

Get involved in our beta programme and try HTML5 and the New Interface System before RuneScape 3 arrives. The NIS Beta is open to everyone now, and the full HTML5 Open Beta is coming soon. Keep an eye out for more information!

Any further questions? Take a look at our FAQ.

RuneScape leaps into a new age on Monday 22nd July. The future is in your hands.

The RuneScape Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knc_Trx_-5A&list=PL05126FA13EDBEB7E

[/hide]

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

But will we be able to play the html5 in the rs client?

Don't want no stinking chrome

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Jagex have said they are working on it, but I would say that for the start you will have to stick with Chrome. Sorry :/

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Haven't been able to access the HTML5 Beta yet. Hopefully it will work with my Chrome once it's released.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

A client is in the works, I believe, but I don't think it will be ready for the launch. Same situation with Firefox, which I believe has a single issue which can only be fixed by Mozilla. A lot of this is to do with HTML5 standards which Jagex can't do much about. Internet Explorer is almost certainly off the cards for the medium term, and if you use that I would suggest migrating anyway.

Anyway, woop! I knew it was right to hold off judgement about the BTS. Turns out this is a jam-packed month after all!

• Like 1

~ W ~

sigzi.png

HTML5 client will still be stuck with the shitty FXAA instead of real AA. So everything is still going to have that too soft slightly blurred look with no clearly defined edges. Right now I'd pick the Java client over the HTML5 one. Really hope they get some proper anti aliasing in.

Asmodean <3

Is it time for the real quality testing to begin?

Just think by 2014 it might actually work.

I hope they don't break the Java version in the mean time...

• Like 7

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I actually have had good results on my desktop with HTML5, but yea it really needs true AA support, and the NIS interface is great but has a few issues still.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Just think by 2014 it might actually work.

They still have changes for EoC in mind, and look how much time has passed since the release of the 'final, release-ready EoC version which might only need very minor alterations in the future'. We had to relearn combat several times since then.

So, seeing as people will be forced beta testers since 2013-07-22, you have a good point. By 2014 it might be release-ready.

I hope they don't break the Java version in the mean time...

If people will not be big on being beta testers, they will be forced to remove the java client support to get RS3 release ready by 2014...

• Like 1

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

I've said before to friends that Jagex are screwed either way they play this:

A. They release it now they make the same mistake they did with EoC and launch a thing that is still in beta and is being forced out because no one plays the beta anymore (or at least only those who can handle RS3 play the beta).

B. They don't release it this month, then they shoot themselves royally in the foot and lose out on the biggest and best point in the gaming year in order to release RS3.

Hopefully the Battle of Lumbridge will be workable on Java client etc. Also I'm one of those people that want to sit and wait with this content to find out the best possible outcomes.

• Like 3

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I think the world event actually is a global thing, meaning that all players get the same outcome, vs quests which will possibly have unique endings for each player? Not sure...

Will be interesting..

I *really* hope we get some solid time to run NIS + HTML5 together before launch...

Serena_Sedai.png

I think the world event actually is a global thing, meaning that all players get the same outcome, vs quests which will possibly have unique endings for each player? Not sure...

I agree with this interpretation.

LgEZt.png

Hopefully the Battle of Lumbridge will be workable on Java client etc. Also I'm one of those people that want to sit and wait with this content to find out the best possible outcomes.

Egads, when I first read this, I thought you said you'd "want to sit with your content hanging out ..." :blink:

In any event, you're absolutely right. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't get RS3 out in July. :unsure:

• Like 3

nyuseg.png

Looks good and however much I would like to complain about it just because I don't play the main game anymore, Jagex is actually starting to look like they might be able to pull out a competitive current age game, albeit a pretty different one, calling it Runescape 3 seems fitting.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

If people will not be big on being beta testers, they will be forced to remove the java client support to get RS3 release ready by 2014...

I can tell you that if the beta had been available for F2P, they would have had at least one more beta tester ;).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm excited to see how the release of RuneScape 3 will impact the views of the players; I personally believe after the bugs are worked out it will be pretty damn awesome. As of right now we only know the release of one skill which is Divination, but it's very possible that there's another skill planned for the future of the 6th age. My computer has responded quite well with the beta tests of the HTML5 client, and I really like the idea of the NIS Interface which of course still has a few bugs that will be worked out soon enough.

a0axl4.jpg

RuneScape Name: SgtAzazel

Current Skills Mastered: Attack, Defense, Strength, Constitution, and Woodcutting.

Current Goals: Range 80/99

Follow My Twitter

@SgtAzazel_RS

I'm still trying to figure out how this impacts those of us on Linux. HikariKnight has his work cut out for him, I think, and I'm guessing many of us may just stick with Java via the client port, because browser-plugins are generally gone for us.

I'm still trying to figure out how this impacts those of us on Linux. HikariKnight has his work cut out for him, I think, and I'm guessing many of us may just stick with Java via the client port, because browser-plugins are generally gone for us.

HTML5 should work with Chrome on linux? It might even work better than java does.. I don't think it needs a plugin. But.. browser may not have Linux WebGL support? I don't know.. I haven't tried rs on linux in a while.

Serena_Sedai.png

What the HTML5 beta needs is a buttload of optimisation and fixes. Most of the game is damn near unplayable in HTML5.

• Like 4

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

What I'm curious with is if we are actually dropping the 3 once this is live or is it going to be Runescape 3 forever?

The later would certain confuse outsiders since there is no visible Runescape 2 and it is unclear in that context what Classic is.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue