22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

People are a little biased about the gods from the limited lore we had for more than a decade. Sara was good, Zammy was bad, Guthix was neutral, Zaros was assumed to be bad.

After the last major quests though:

Guthix: The ultimate good. He wanted to create peace and aggressively defended it.

Saradomin: Good to his followers, the bane of all others. Just as evil as Zamorak as he conspired to kill Guthix in order to compete in the "land grab"

Zamorak: We already knew he was evil, no surprise there. Yin to Saradomin's yang.

Armadyl: Just trying to claw his way back up to the top. On the verge of joining the departed gods of Gielenor.

Zaros: Quite frankly, Zaros is still an enigma. We just don't know enough. People assume he's evil because he was associated with folks like Lucien, Zamorak, and Sliske. However, his true followers like Azzanadra and Wahistiel have been nothing but courteous to the player. He himself was very grateful to the player after contact was established. While Zamorak and Saradomin consider their captains to be tools and lord over them, Zaros showed genuine concern for Azzanadra. His Mahjarrat followers actually wanted to MEET with Guthix instead of kill him! Honestly, Zaros is the game changer. He will be the one to keep your eyes on. He might come to rule the world, to destroy it, or to save it from the others. We simply do not know.

In the end, the only "good" god as far as we scapers are concerned is Guthix. All the others will fight over us.

As far as I'm concerned right now with the info we have, I view Zaros as not too dissimilar to Guthix.

When I say that, I mean it only in terms of how Zaros will behave on his return. He wants the world to run itself without any direct interference from the Gods, yet still step in through indirect means to subtly tip scales in whichever way is of most benefit.

If Saradomin and Zamorak are two sides of the same coin, then I wouldn't be averse to saying Guthix and Zaros (as it stands now) share a similar relationship.

• Like 3
Sylpheed.png

for what it's worth, the zarosians eventually DID want to kill guthix (because the edicts were still in the way and probably the option to go with given that it was unlikely that they would be able to talk him into removing it himself), it's just that they were pragmatic about it and wanted to grill him for some sweet ancient knowledge first

of course, sliske saw a bit of a different angle on the situation that we're not entirely sure of yet

that being said they seemed okay with it as they all apparently respect sliske's decision because they foresee some future benefit from it, even though some of them are pissed about being robbed of their chance for glory

basically they all agree with power by any means necessary, which while other gods may dip into that means of thinking every now and then, they all seem to have other philosophical reasons for doing it besides for its own sake, with their own specific limitations

i see his empty throne as a metaphorical expression of the DESIRE for power, to occupy that throne and have the control, and that desire that drives ambition and fuels cunning, with both force and will, which would not exist if that throne actually had somebody in it

each agent acting towards the same goal, but with their own agenda behind it

8f14270694.jpg

I t

People are a little biased about the gods from the limited lore we had for more than a decade. Sara was good, Zammy was bad, Guthix was neutral, Zaros was assumed to be bad.

After the last major quests though:

Guthix: The ultimate good. He wanted to create peace and aggressively defended it.

Saradomin: Good to his followers, the bane of all others. Just as evil as Zamorak as he conspired to kill Guthix in order to compete in the "land grab"

Zamorak: We already knew he was evil, no surprise there. Yin to Saradomin's yang.

Armadyl: Just trying to claw his way back up to the top. On the verge of joining the departed gods of Gielenor.

Zaros: Quite frankly, Zaros is still an enigma. We just don't know enough. People assume he's evil because he was associated with folks like Lucien, Zamorak, and Sliske. However, his true followers like Azzanadra and Wahistiel have been nothing but courteous to the player. He himself was very grateful to the player after contact was established. While Zamorak and Saradomin consider their captains to be tools and lord over them, Zaros showed genuine concern for Azzanadra. His Mahjarrat followers actually wanted to MEET with Guthix instead of kill him! Honestly, Zaros is the game changer. He will be the one to keep your eyes on. He might come to rule the world, to destroy it, or to save it from the others. We simply do not know.

In the end, the only "good" god as far as we scapers are concerned is Guthix. All the others will fight over us.

As far as I'm concerned right now with the info we have, I view Zaros as not too dissimilar to Guthix.

When I say that, I mean it only in terms of how Zaros will behave on his return. He wants the world to run itself without any direct interference from the Gods, yet still step in through indirect means to subtly tip scales in whichever way is of most benefit.

If Saradomin and Zamorak are two sides of the same coin, then I wouldn't be averse to saying Guthix and Zaros (as it stands now) share a similar relationship.

I actually agree with you. Reading up on the lore, I think that Guthix and Zaros are as Saradomin and Zamorak.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Ok, so I've modified my full-screen layout.

am2k5z.jpg

Stats screen shows separately on the top left because I realized that I was getting lost in the stats screen trying to find a certain skill, so I wanted to have a stats screen that uses the Pre-RS3. Placed it there because that area of the screen is generally empty and it doesn't obstruct much.

(Task window is opened when I have a pinned task and unpinned when I don't anymore.)

Ability book under the action bar, because that way I have quicker access to abilities not on my bar (I tend not to have defensive abilities on my bar), and as a bonus it pushes the action bar closer to the center of my field of view.

What do you guys think about that one?

At the same time, there's a good reason behind some of it. I'm actually wondering if I'm playing a different game from everyone else:

Saradomin's a massive dick, yeah, but look at the map. Pretty much everything he is/was in control of is peaceful and prosperous; when it isn't it's because an outside source is acting on it (read: Zamorakians). His followers cover the entire spectrum from "good person" to "psychopathic zealot"... As expected from the god with the most followers. Hell, he's only "evil" because he was a dick to us at the end of one quest, and because TIF's community is 90% Ayn Rand wannabes.

Zamorak, on paper, is the god of change and progress. In action, he's unquestionably chaotic evil and his followers revel in that fact.

Guthix was a peaceful balance-keeping entity, then they changed him into the god that didn't want to be one. Unfortunately, not taking an active hand in things is what caused the mess we're in right now, and the Edicts didn't do too much. Chalk that one up for "good, but inept".

If anything, Zaros makes a better pair with Saradomin, as the gods of control and order, respectively. The main difference is PR: Saradomin has been a dick to us, Zaros has been utterly pleasant. And honestly, the fact that we know so little of him should be a huge red flag. Why is everyone putting so much faith in the Runescape equivalent of Littlefinger? ...Oh right, toys.

Armadyl seems to be another of the good-but-inept ones. We know less about him than we know about Zaros. His followers are dead or in Saradomin's pocket, and he's long since vanished.

Bear in mind that I think they botched the entire gods storyline, so take this with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

Right, so a good god destroys an entire race on his own volition?

If that's a good god, then I'd much rather be evil. Saradomin has proven , to me, beyond doubt that he does not represent what people make him out to be.

Besides, a Good god with genocidal Followers is about as bad, or worse, to follow than a genocidal god.

• Like 2

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

At the same time, there's a good reason behind some of it. I'm actually wondering if I'm playing a different game from everyone else:

Saradomin's a massive dick, yeah, but look at the map. Pretty much everything he is/was in control of is peaceful and prosperous; when it isn't it's because an outside source is acting on it (read: Zamorakians). His followers cover the entire spectrum from "good person" to "psychopathic zealot"... As expected from the god with the most followers. Hell, he's only "evil" because he was a dick to us at the end of one quest, and because TIF's community is 90% Ayn Rand wannabes.

Zamorak, on paper, is the god of change and progress. In action, he's unquestionably chaotic evil and his followers revel in that fact.

Guthix was a peaceful balance-keeping entity, then they changed him into the god that didn't want to be one. Unfortunately, not taking an active hand in things is what caused the mess we're in right now, and the Edicts didn't do too much. Chalk that one up for "good, but inept".

If anything, Zaros makes a better pair with Saradomin, as the gods of control and order, respectively. The main difference is PR: Saradomin has been a dick to us, Zaros has been utterly pleasant. And honestly, the fact that we know so little of him should be a huge red flag. Why is everyone putting so much faith in the Runescape equivalent of Littlefinger? ...Oh right, toys.

Armadyl seems to be another of the good-but-inept ones. We know less about him than we know about Zaros. His followers are dead or in Saradomin's pocket, and he's long since vanished.

Bear in mind that I think they botched the entire gods storyline, so take this with a grain of salt.

The lack of Zaros knowledge is a huge red flag, but two things come to mind.

1) Guthix left the player with a fragment of power that we have yet to see in action (other than Saradomin's failed teleport on us)

2) Unlike many of Saradomin's/Zamorak's follower who seem to have blinders directing them in one direction, the Mahjarrat appear detailed oriented. As mentioned before, they would have likely had to kill Guthix (in which Sliske did them a favor) but they did consider another option. Despite your choice at the end of the quest, you can still be considered an friend, or ally, to Azzanadra. As much as we don't know about Zaros, i don't think Zaros will take us lightly, because he does not know the extend of the gift Guthix left us.

It's not so much blind faith as some players have. Yes I "follow" Zaros because of the toys, but I am still wary of him. Sadly, I have to pave the way from him to get here to learn more about him. I'm still cautious, but based on how calculating some of his followers are I think Zaros will be very different from how the other gods treat us, which may leave us with some breathing room. I think Slade from Teen Titans cartoon version come to mind. He knew Robin was against him, but unlike 99% of the villians in the show he show tons of patience into trying to make Robin his apprentice; he never rushed to do anything, and both he and (Robin to a degree) knew he treated every crime he committed as a test to see if Robin was "the one".

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I'm wondering why people haven't made the connection that these 'gods' were mortal at one point - all of them (and in a sense still are). Granted some might have been more of magical origin, but mortal nonetheless. They aren't the gods of anything... Its just the power they have coupled with the notions they believe in get magnified by their influence influence.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I thought there may be a connection between Guthix's blessing and then hearing Kara-Meir talk about Guthix and then say, "I am on my own side. You could even say I'm on your side."

I'm not a lore expert, as I don't recall her at all, but hm.

09144a99bb.png

I thought there may be a connection between Guthix's blessing and then hearing Kara-Meir talk about Guthix and then say, "I am on my own side. You could even say I'm on your side."

I'm not a lore expert, as I don't recall her at all, but hm.

She is a character in the books that were written, but wasn't made officially an actual character in the world until now.

On another note I revamped my GUI to be more appropriate to an all around social player, PVMer and just doing everything in general:

L6d8VOE.jpg

In here you'll notice the bank will be much lower than usual and everything is fairly uniform. The action bar and navigation bar are both low key and centered for potential use. Granted they both wont be used much except for using familiar specials, quick prayers and watching lp,pp and adr. The chat remains in its familiar location to compensate for the typical play style. Key differences are the locations of the magic, defense, ranged, melee, prayer and specifically the friends list. They are positioned between the minimap and the 'main fuctions' area. The positioning here allows for easy social interaction without switching the inventory tab. The same function style is used for the other combat style windows to allow for the inventory to remain open with up to three other tabs such as friends list, melee and defense abilities being open. This is an ideal setup for upcoming pvm fights that might require more abilities than the action bar can currently hold.

The majorty of tabs have hotkeys such as:

B: Bag

E: Character equipment

R: Ranged abilities

M: Melee abilities

T: Tasks

Y: prayers

I: Friends list

S: Skills

F: Friends chat options

G: Magic

H: Home teleport

Currently I am keeping some things off such as using a hotkey for locking the interface, world map and run. This is ideal due to mistypes and wouldn't want the hassle. I also am keeping hotkeys off of quick prayers and summoning familiar abilities because they are mostly redundant. The zoom keys were kept the same because they are useful for those random moments of fashionscaping. The home and end keys above the arrow keys make ideal quick inventory hotkeys, but currently only use the home key for the vecna skull.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have pretty much removed all hotkeys relating to opening and closing windows, except for 4: Inventory, Equipment, Prayer and Lock/Unlock Interface. Most of the hotkeys clash with my action bar hotkeys (I use QWER ASDF ZXCV), and I find opening unwanted windows excessively annoying (I hardly ever find any use in opening abilities pages, since I never use Mouse to use abilities unless it's an emergency, BIG emergency).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The only reason we know almost nothing about Zaros is that Saradominists and Zamorakians have gone out of their way under orders from their gods to destroy all records and accounts of Zaros. Zaros has been outright friendly to the player (understandable since we are helping his return, wittingly or unwittingly), and with the exception of Sliske all of his other followers are flat out allies of the player. Saradomin can not even say that (as we are enemies of his major followers, allies to others). Saradomin is more than a dick to us in a single quest. Note what he is doing at this very moment! He isn't defending the world from Zamorak, he is trying to take the power for himself!

Guthix and Zaros both want balance and a world where mortals control their own affairs. The difference? Guthix thinks that the world will naturally balance itself out right while Zaros felt that a guiding hand was necessary to ensure balance.

• Like 5
Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Yeah, we may not forget Zaros is god of fate too. He really is a guiding hand. :)

And even if he would be a bad boy, would he be worser than the other gods? We know his empire prospered enormously. And he gives us toys. I don't see him as Littlefinger, more like Varys. Littlefinger THINKS he is playing the game of thrones in a very good way, but just as Varys, I think he'll get owned soon enough by his own actions.

Guthix thinks that the world will naturally balance itself out right while Zaros felt that a guiding hand was necessary to ensure balance.

I hope his idea of "Balance from a guiding hand" doesn't come from this guy...

[hide]200px-Madara_Uchihas_second_look_Chapter_520_zps4e189585.jpg[/hide]

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

How long does it generally take to get the helm/gloves/boots?

T75 would make it the highest tier hybrid armor, better than the barrows gloves... And a pretty decent hybrid boots, as the highest tier boots are obsidian ones..

Well pretty much the whole set is the highest tier hybrid gear in the game. Though I don't think I'd grind for the body/legs/htlm as there are the barrows ones and they are dirt cheap with prayer to boot

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If that's a good god, then I'd much rather be evil. Saradomin has proven , to me, beyond doubt that he does not represent what people make him out to be.

Besides, a Good god with genocidal Followers is about as bad, or worse, to follow than a genocidal god.

Part of why I'm saying they botched the entire storyline. It's hard to have eight equal factions when the writing is unsubtly pushing you toward Zaros/Sliske/Godless. They've made the good gods bad and the bad gods worse, but those three can do no wrong.

Part of why I'm saying they botched the entire storyline. It's hard to have eight equal factions when the writing is unsubtly pushing you toward Zaros/Sliske/Godless. They've made the good gods bad and the bad gods worse, but those three can do no wrong.

I think it's not exactly that certain. We have barely seen anything from Zaros/Sliske/Godless/Seren yet--and that which we have seen points to just as many bad points as the current block of gods.

Zaros seems to be an uncaring, controlling being that will allow the Gods to continue to ravage Gielinor as long as he can subtly control it behind the scenes for his own benefit.

Sliske seems to be one of the only undoubtedly evil candidates in the whole thing--killing Guthix is not something a major part of the community will forgive him for. I believe he will be one of the least favored gods out of the whole thing, considering how little folks know of him besides him being extremely shady and murdering everyone's favorite world-shaper.

The Godless so far seem to be tribal, warlike, and incredibly angry towards anyone and everyone who even slightly believes that any of the gods could be anything but a creeping disease that will do nothing but harm to the world.

And Seren, as much as it pains me to admit it, would be perfectly fine with Bandos, Saradomin, Armadyl, and Zamorak parading across the multiverse slaughtering and raping everyone in their path as long as her little group of followers was allowed to be safe and sound, walled-in and segregated in their own part of the universe.

So basically we haven't seen the most favorable outlook on what the rest of the gods will look like either. Ontop of this, we've had some rather favorable views of Zamorak and Saradomin from the lore that has come out of the Battle of Lumbridge so far--ontop of a Saradomin-oriented quest coming out next month that is all but confirmed to give people a reason to follow him considering its subject matter. (Black Knights Fortress remake, setting up Sir Owen's devout convictions about Saradomin so that he can betray his god in a later quest)

I think considering how little we've seen of the factions so far, there is a good mix of good and bad for all of them. None of the gods are explicitly painted as good--and, instead, all surprisingly mortal in their mix of morality. The Sixth Age has just begun--we still have much more to learn about all of them.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

What?

Sliske is evil because he killed Guthix?

Pretty much everyone wanted Guthix dead. He was just the only one ambitious enough to actually do it.

Not necessarily evil in the sense of the game world--but evil in the sense of the players. The playerbase as a whole was pretty much devoutly Guthixian until TWW, with even most of those that didn't directly follow him respecting him. I don't think Sliske gained any followers in the process of murdering him--but I honestly don't think that Sliske even cares if people follow him or not.

If anything, he is the mysterious and shady candidate in the whole thing, with a tinge of a lack of morality. There are certainly people that are into that, but I don't think it will be a major portion of the playerbase that prefers him over the other gods/godless.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

T75 would make it the highest tier hybrid armor, better than the barrows gloves... And a pretty decent hybrid boots, as the highest tier boots are obsidian ones..

Well pretty much the whole set is the highest tier hybrid gear in the game. Though I don't think I'd grind for the body/legs/htlm as there are the barrows ones and they are dirt cheap with prayer to boot

Helm isn't out yet. But for glove and boots a few hours, like maybe 2-3 at the battlefield. Also, the stats on the body/leg out class Akrisae's even though it has a prayer bonus. I was told prayer bonus is nice but doesn't mean as much in EoC. The damage reduction; however, sounds very nice.

29386_s.gif

Helm isn't out yet. But for glove and boots a few hours, like maybe 2-3 at the battlefield. Also, the stats on the body/leg out class Akrisae's even though it has a prayer bonus. I was told prayer bonus is nice but doesn't mean as much in EoC. The damage reduction; however, sounds very nice.

Well, both are hybrid armor, T70 vs T75. Five levels isn't enough justification to make me grind for a few more hours when I can get something slightly less stat wise for money which costs even less time wise to make

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

It's more the fact that by classing something as hybrid you make it dead content immediately.

It has no damage boost, and due to the -15 level penalty, even tier 99 hybrid sets will be worse than superior PoP gear in terms of LP and armour.

Asmodean <3