22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

The playerbase as a whole was pretty much devoutly Guthixian until TWW, with even most of those that didn't directly follow him respecting him. I don't think Sliske gained any followers in the process of murdering him--but I honestly don't think that Sliske even cares if people follow him or not.

I don't think the player base was Guthixian at all - a lot of people picked Guthix (when offered the S-Z-G choice) only because he's everyone's #2 choice, being neutral and such. Up until the lore about the artefacts, we didn't really know anything about Saradomin and Zamorak (or any gods) either, with all the lore up to then being part inconsistent, part from unreliable sources and part retconned with TWW.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The playerbase as a whole was pretty much devoutly Guthixian until TWW, with even most of those that didn't directly follow him respecting him. I don't think Sliske gained any followers in the process of murdering him--but I honestly don't think that Sliske even cares if people follow him or not.

I don't think the player base was Guthixian at all - a lot of people picked Guthix (when offered the S-Z-G choice) only because he's everyone's #2 choice, being neutral and such. Up until the lore about the artefacts, we didn't really know anything about Saradomin and Zamorak (or any gods) either, with all the lore up to then being part inconsistent and part retconned with TWW.

Definitely I think it is ridiculous to say most were Guthixian, pure circumstantial evidence (since we lack any major study) would most likely of put Zaros, Zamorak or perhaps Bandos as top dog (of those who really considered themselves to be of a set god). Recent lore changes + the force to pick one drawing more in has certainly changed the landscape though.

I'd be interested to see straight up numbers of how many members each faction has from circumstantial evidence once more Seren and Zaros (maybe sliske and arma too) seem to of faired the best which is interesting as they have the least douche moves attached of all the gods (other than perhaps Armadyl)

I'm still wondering when/if we will get proper names for the artefacts.

The Elder Kiln seems to be a legit name since the Tokhaar use it, Stone of Jas seems fairly since it seems to be the name the Stone has told people who touched it (if I recall the lunar lore correctly) and Osbourne let the Crown Archival slip in chats.

Staff of Arma and Skargaroth's Sword don't have 'proper' names and neither do the Horn and 6 as yet entirely unknowns of course.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's more the fact that by classing something as hybrid you make it dead content immediately.

It has no damage boost, and due to the -15 level penalty, even tier 99 hybrid sets will be worse than superior PoP gear in terms of LP and armour.

You would be missing the entire point of hybrid armor though, although the -15 penalty is harsh (Since power armor only gets -5 on defence and -10 on lp). Hybrid lets you switch weapons with no penalty, and also doesn't give you any weaknesses for monsters to exploit, which is good in scenarios like DKs, the problem is that, these scenarios aren't that common in RuneScape

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

It's more the fact that by classing something as hybrid you make it dead content immediately.

It has no damage boost, and due to the -15 level penalty, even tier 99 hybrid sets will be worse than superior PoP gear in terms of LP and armour.

I'm not bashing it.

This is T75 hybrid armor, and costs several hours to get. It is the best hybrid armor in the game.

The second best hybrid armor would be barrows gloves (t70), Akrisae's (t70), and obsidian (T60).. Obsidian only for the boots, though.

for one who valued their time above all, it would be worth grinding for this new stuff in the order of boots, gloves, then plate/legs/helm. I know that I'm just going to go for the boots and gloves in that order. Depending how much I like it, maybe the rest, too

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I don't think the player base was Guthixian at all - a lot of people picked Guthix (when offered the S-Z-G choice) only because he's everyone's #2 choice, being neutral and such. Up until the lore about the artefacts, we didn't really know anything about Saradomin and Zamorak (or any gods) either, with all the lore up to then being part inconsistent and part retconned with TWW.

Definitely I think it is ridiculous to say most were Guthixian, pure circumstantial evidence (since we lack any major study) would most likely of put Zaros, Zamorak or perhaps Bandos as top dog (of those who really considered themselves to be of a set god). Recent lore changes + the force to pick one drawing more in has certainly changed the landscape though.

I'd be interested to see straight up numbers of how many members each faction has from circumstantial evidence once more Seren and Zaros (maybe sliske and arma too) seem to of faired the best which is interesting as they have the least douche moves attached of all the gods (other than perhaps Armadyl)

The Elder Kiln seems to be a legit name since the Tokhaar use it, Stone of Jas seems fairly since it seems to be the name the Stone has told people who touched it (if I recall the lunar lore correctly) and Osbourne let the Crown Archival slip in chats.

Staff of Arma and Skargaroth's Sword don't have 'proper' names and neither do the Horn and 6 as yet entirely unknowns of course.

I was looking for the poll from 2010 that proved my statistic and I finally found it: Here are the results (And for those of you who don't want to log in, here's an image of it)

The playerbase is likely to have changed a bit in two or three years, but it still stands to show that Guthixians made up a majority for a good bit of time up until his death.

Anyone that wanted Guthix dead would primarily have wanted such because of their position as a follower of a God that his edicts prevented the return of--meaning that Sliske certainly didn't win over anyone who would have wanted to join him in the first place. Not to say that he doesn't have any followers, but killing Guthix turned more people off of him than it brought to his side.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

The main problem with Hybrid armour is that it's All classed, which means that the defence ratings all around aren't great. Warpriest would have the melee defence of dragon, the ranged defence of black dhide, and the magic defence of grifolic (?), which makes it almost garbage.

If it was actually classed as Hybrid, like the Tokkul-Zo ring, it'd be so much more worth using.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Speaking of the Crown Archival..

As Saradomin has fully returned, and the Crownallows Saradomin to locate Elder Artefacts anywhere in the Universe, surely the one he would seek out soonest is the SoJ, especially since no one knows where the SoJ is after ROTM.

I vaguely recall one of the news posts mentioning a "huge" 6th Age Quest on the horizon? Presuming Sarabastardomin survives the BoL, would it be a good guess that the next major quest would be preventing him from accessing the SoJ? This is dependant on the players own choice though of course.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

You would be missing the entire point of hybrid armor though, although the -15 penalty is harsh (Since power armor only gets -5 on defence and -10 on lp). Hybrid lets you switch weapons with no penalty, and also doesn't give you any weaknesses for monsters to exploit, which is good in scenarios like DKs, the problem is that, these scenarios aren't that common in RuneScape

Yeah I know it does that, but seeing as there is literally no where in RS worth going to where those abilities are even vaguely useful, they might as well not exist.

Leaving you with a horrible class of armour.

Asmodean <3

I was looking for the poll from 2010 that proved my statistic and I finally found it: Here are the results (And for those of you who don't want to log in, here's an image of it)

The playerbase is likely to have changed a bit in two or three years, but it still stands to show that Guthixians made up a majority for a good bit of time up until his death.

Anyone that wanted Guthix dead would primarily have wanted such because of their position as a follower of a God that his edicts prevented the return of--meaning that Sliske certainly didn't win over anyone who would have wanted to join him in the first place. Not to say that he doesn't have any followers, but killing Guthix turned more people off of him than it brought to his side.

I'd prefer using this poll

http://www.tip.it/runescape/polls/view/282-which-god-did-you-align-with-in-the-god

More of a biased selection, but a lot more recent

http://www.tip.it/ru...with-in-the-god

Very interesting :P

Considering that the truth about Saradomin's intentions came out and Guthix died, I'm not surprised that Zaros is in the lead.

My original intention with the poll was to show that, before his death, Guthixians represented the majority of the playerbase--so I guess the 2010 one would be more representative of that.

Does, however, prove my point that Sliske is far from the most appealing to a majority of people

The Fallen Diviner

http://www.tip.it/ru...with-in-the-god

The main site poll is hardly solid evidence anyways it's got about 30k votes of a player base well past 500k AND Guthix only won by a small margin AND it does not prove people are Guthixian - there is a distinct difference between being a Guthixian and saying Guthix is your favourite god in rs when asked.

If the poll proves anything by voter turn out its that the majority of the rs community did not care at all about the gods.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

@Binary mage: 21% is not the majority, it's the largest group. A majority would require more than 50% of the votes to be Guthix.

It would be going a bit far to say that 21% is 'pretty much the whole player base'. Besides, that was before people knew about Guthix not wanting to be worshipped. I'm sure that the Godless faction has more ex-Guthixians than the other factions.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The main problem with Hybrid armour is that it's All classed, which means that the defence ratings all around aren't great. Warpriest would have the melee defence of dragon, the ranged defence of black dhide, and the magic defence of grifolic (?), which makes it almost garbage.

If it was actually classed as Hybrid, like the Tokkul-Zo ring, it'd be so much more worth using.

It IS classed as Hybrid.

It IS classed as Hybrid.

Ooh, just looked at the picture again. You're right, that does make them marginally better, and it'd be definitely worthwhile to get the boots and gloves to supplement your secondary defences.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

@Binary mage: 21% is not the majority, it's the largest group. A majority would require more than 50% of the votes to be Guthix.

True--that was my intention. Forgot the more technical meaning of the word.

I think this is diverging a bit from my original intention--Guthix was a popular god, and even those that did not follow him respected him. Killing him was not something that caused Sliske to be celebrated more than it caused him to be hated by a significant portion of the playerbase. It is definitely a negative thing overall for anyone deciding what God they want to follow--as reflected in his relative position at the bottom of the table. It's not like Jagex decided that he should be the one to kill Guthix because they thought it would make everyone love him.

Sliske has definitely not been painted in a positive light whatsoever--and I think that is the intention. He has been described as Runescape's equivalent of The Joker--and he is meant to appeal to the kind of people who adore the sort of things that would make other people despise Sliske.

We haven't really had any evidence or lore that shows us why he is a positive influence on Gielinor yet. I'd put him in the same boat as Saradomin, Bandos, and Zamorak in that we really haven't been given much (if any) content that paints them in a positive light since the start of the Sixth Age.

Jagex has certainly been talking about him a lot, but mostly in that he will be a major wild card in the upcoming wars.

The Fallen Diviner

As I adore Mahjarrat lore and I kinda like the way the Joker and Sliske just do their thing without caring about anything, more stuff about our serpent-tongued fellow seems lovely to me. :)

Actually, I find our character a bit like Sliske, both only do certain tasks if they get rewarded in the end. Our character hasn't been a moral-minded person if you look at what he does in all the quests. :P

Divination skillcape poll on RS mainpage now. Gives first look at skill icon.

RS3 related as Divination ties in with the sixth age and the gods.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

The fact that hybrid armor provides EQUAL defense to all classes is what makes it better.

Yes, it provides lower defense in general, but having 300 defense against everything is better than having 900 def vs one style and 0 in the other two, imho.

• Like 1

As I adore Mahjarrat lore and I kinda like the way the Joker and Sliske just do their thing without caring about anything, more stuff about our serpent-tongued fellow seems lovely to me. :)

Actually, I find our character a bit like Sliske, both only do certain tasks if they get rewarded in the end. Our character hasn't been a moral-minded person if you look at what he does in all the quests. :P

I actually see Sliske more like Richard from LFG, who will do something destructive on impulse for the fun of it, but carefully so as not to screw himself over, and if it can be used for later advantage, that's a bonus.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

The fact that hybrid armor provides EQUAL defense to all classes is what makes it better.

Yes, it provides lower defense in general, but having 300 defense against everything is better than having 900 def vs one style and 0 in the other two, imho.

Yes but all you do is wear the armour that gives you 900 def vs the style the creature attacks with, if defence matters. Else you wear power armour and soulsplit.

Either way, hybrid armour comes up as significantly sub par.

Asmodean <3

Is it bad it took me ages to notice the difference between 1 and 2 and 5 and 6? I knew it was there... But the shading differences are that minimal really (5 and 6 took a while, because it's not cape colour, it's trim colour that changes).

Frankly, favourite is #6 as it's the only one with a rather original looking colour scheme...

mFggat7.jpg

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Is it bad it took me ages to notice the difference between 1 and 2 and 5 and 6? I knew it was there... But the shading differences are that minimal really (5 and 6 took a while, because it's not cape colour, it's trim colour that changes).

Frankly, favourite is #6 as it's the only one with a rather original looking colour scheme...

mFggat7.jpg

Actually, 5 and 6 cape color changes too, 5 looks a little more purple, while 6 looks more blue ish

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Yes but all you do is wear the armour that gives you 900 def vs the style the creature attacks with, if defence matters. Else you wear power armour and soulsplit.

Either way, hybrid armour comes up as significantly sub par.

Against something that uses multiple attack styles that do a lot of damage, I disagree. Having some hybrid armor (read: gloves and boots) is better than having just power gloves/boots on in that you take significiantly less damage.

For something that you can soul split, there really wouldn't be any need for defense, which is why power armor is better

Looks like the agility cape with a different trim really. None of those capes look original.

Would have thought the cape would be green really - all this divine energy stuff in the BoL is green after all.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015