22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

servers are totally not ready

Assuming it really was a problem with the data center, they're usually few and far between. Is it really wise to use that as a basis for saying whether or not the servers can handle RS3?

It wasn't just the Vorago release though. That was the most striking example, but there've been regular problems with server disconnects throughout 2013.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3

That's true, I've only had more server issues with RuneScape in 2002 and 2003, but then again I had a worse internet then (256Kb/s DSL compared to 24Mb/s now.)

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

It wasn't just the Vorago release though. That was the most striking example, but there've been regular problems with server disconnects throughout 2013.

Completely fair point. To tack onto that, weren't they supposed to be upgrading something to do with their servers with the money from MTs so things like this didn't happen as frequently?

hzvjpwS.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if they are loading RS3 onto mostly new servers since the big change over gives them more time to preload and avoid disrupting worlds and then for the launch just redirect the server paths and decommission the old servers.

Would be a some what logic way to do it, especially if we assume some of the older servers may lack the tech to run the new engine and we know they are adding in dedicated audio servers.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

i remember in 2010 or so i had intel E6400 machine and it was able to handle rs gathering in full details where like 1k ppl were packed to one place...2012 i tried same with new i5 machine and couldnt go anywhere near the event as it was guaranteed 1fps or less...only minimum details was possible but didnt like playing with 07 look

now rs somewhat playable in hd and getting 30-50fps most of time...tried html beta after they have optimized it little from first release and it was still horrible to play and cpu usage was ~30% more compared to normal...with medium details

The real framerate killer for me is shadows, I go from 15-25 in busy areas up to 60 when I turn them off.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I think Jagex's servers are certainly stable enough for something like this--we certainly have enough of them, and I imagine they will be adding many more to handle RS3 launch day. The only possible issue would be the login server and the other smaller bottlenecks, but I'm sure they have a solution prepared for scaling and/or adding more. Anyone who has any sort of training in server architecture would be able to foresee the potential issues there, I would highly doubt that Jagex's staff wouldn't.

The Vorago downtime was a completely different one-off issue if what we were hearing is correct--an exploit that allowed Instance Shard worlds to be the target of a DDOS attack. It's entirely possible something like that could happen on launch day, but even if it can, there's no feasible way to prevent it before it happens.

I would definitely expect issues on launch day--there hasn't been a single MMO launch or relaunch in the past decade that hasn't had its issues--but I think that they have been preparing quite well for whatever gets thrown at them come July 22nd.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I'm just hoping the code is a little more optimized. Still completely unable to load on my chrome book and I haven't had a chance to try it on my tower recently.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I tried running the beta again for the first time in awhile on Saturday. Took forever for my i5 to load it and the best I got was 17 fps max.

That was at the portal at Port Sarim outside of POP.

I can run the current mode of RS on the client at 30-50 fps in almost every location.

I was very disappointed.

nyuseg.png

I just cannot see the Beta being ready in two weeks. EoC Beta was not in this condition when it was released. I can run the current game version at 40+ FPS nearly everywhere, but run HTML5 Beta at ~15 at max graphics and just over 20 on the lowest settings. I know it's a Beta, but two weeks from live release it has to be better than this:

3y31Q.jpg

3y36Y.jpg

Now I can workbench my yak ;)

3y38H.jpg

3y3jY.jpg

3y3qb.jpg

3y3A3.png

3y3Do.png

3y3WD.png

• Like 3

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I really hope we don't get that "loading shaders" every time we log in. Is that, by any chance, the 'large data' that chrome asks to store on my computer whenever I load the beta?

Asmodean <3

If this version is so clearly buggy, it deffinitely seems like theyre claiming they have a proper finished product version theyre not letting us see that they intend to release on the 22nd. But in which case why are they wasting the beta testers time if they have a better version available?

Or is it just the option we dont want , that its just not ready

I personally believe that the NIS + HTML5 will be better... But I don't have much hope as to the actual quality...

I really really hope we get an NIS + HTML5 combined beta before release.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

At least we're going to be able to use the Java client if they can't fix the HTML5 client for the 22nd.

And as for the bonus EXP, I think it's safe to assume just being logged into the NIS Beta would be enough.

I am personally very much looking forward to NIS update. At least now I can zoom my RS to full screen without handicapping myself by dragging my inv and bank screens apart by 100 miles (which is basically my only gripe with Full screen RS, otherwise I would have never played on windowed).

Just surprised it took them this long to implement it

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Has anyone looked at the concept art for divination shown in the rs3 video? I would imagine that the god energy shows up randomly like fire spirits web training firemaking. I would also speculate that there might be different types of energy to bring variation.

There are three drawings shown: one showing three stages of the energy spawning, three stages of the energy des pawning from players collecting it and another with a player turning in the energy to a portal/doorway.

Almost thinking divination will be like runespan.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Has anyone looked at the concept art for divination shown in the rs3 video? I would imagine that the god energy shows up randomly like fire spirits web training firemaking. I would also speculate that there might be different types of energy to bring variation.

There are three drawings shown: one showing three stages of the energy spawning, three stages of the energy des pawning from players collecting it and another with a player turning in the energy to a portal/doorway.

As observational as this is I fail to see why it belongs in the RS3 launch thread, seeing as we have 100% confirmation it is a separate update coming out like a month after RS3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As observational as this is I fail to see why it belongs in the RS3 launch thread, seeing as we have 100% confirmation it is a separate update coming out like a month after RS3

Because this thread referencesthea new post that holds a video about runescape 3. And at the end of that video is a slight teaser of divination with concept art. That art therefore can be discussed here.

• Like 2

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They haven't even mentioned what needs to be done in beta to get bonux EXP..

As I wrote in that RSOF news thread, Mod William is just running a personal scam amongst the chaos of HTML5+NIS transition.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)