22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

So does anyone know what they actually did this morning during that downtime :P?

For all we know they unplugged the servers to air-dust the insides.
which is a good reason to prevent them from catching fire from things Like vorago

Frankly, that joke is getting old.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So does anyone know what they actually did this morning during that downtime :P?

For all we know they unplugged the servers to air-dust the insides.
which is a good reason to prevent them from catching fire from things Like vorago

And I was hoping for a serious answer :/ Apparently this was the wrong forum for that xD

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

One can only speculate, and speculation would lead to these silly suggestions.

Perhaps someone spilled coffee? Hardware upgrade? Behind the scenes fixes? Or mods going "f this, we are taking 4h break!"

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Or... they spilled coffee, but Janitor called in sick, so they had to wait until then to get it cleaned up.

Perhaps... :P

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Or their fancy timey-wimey computer predicted Vorago breaking the 4th wall today and he would shoot magic rocks at the server. who knows. We don't.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Or their fancy timey-wimey computer predicted Vorago breaking the 4th wall today and he would shoot magic rocks at the server. who knows. We don't.

You mean the big ball of wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff?

• Like 3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

• 4 weeks later...

28/10 - 17:00

- Improved colour picking and changing

- Stopped environmental objects duplicating

- Stopped in game music playing after you have logged out

- Made the mini-map water more reliable

- Improved Vertical positioning of some objects

- Mark on map now functions for quests

- Fix some duplicated animations in Prisoner of Glouphrie

- Fix some minor graphical issues in Owen/Ozan quests

- Fixed several different crash issues

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

18/11 - 17:00

- Improved Minimap reliability

- Fixed an issue with certain object rotations

- Stopped several NPCs from floating

- Stopped the player floating in several locations

- Fixed some background audio issues

- Made some chat heads not appear too transparent

- Adding yourself to your own ignore list has the same error as in Java

- Fixed several crash issues, again

Transcribed from RuneFest LIVE #4: Ideas for the Future

Mod Pips (27:30 - 29:15)

I feel we've got real unfinished business with our PC technology. Now, it's no revelation to anyone that we didn't get where we wanted to with the HTML5 client we made for Runescape3. We worked really hard, we saw some good progress but really, we hit the limits of what the browser can do, and, even in the months beyond Runescape3 we were kinda hoping that browser tech would improve and it has a little bit, but, really not enough. So we're going to do that work. We've got a crack team of awesome programmers back at the office who are essentially finding a way to take the improved architecture that we built for HTML5 and the benefits that that has, especially the visual benefits, and make a native version; something that can run directly on your machine, not through a browser, not through a sandbox Java environment, that can work like any other app or game. So the benefits there is that you get the visual improvements and some of the other things that HTML5 would have given us, like it opens the lid for much better graphics in the future but with much better performance, so not just better than HTML5 currently and also significantly better than how Java runs at the moment, both of, even the Java browser and downloadable clients still don't run at their full potential. So, you know, I think this is going to massively improve the game for everyone. The team have made some good progress, it is still early days, but we're hoping later next year we're going to fully supersede the Java clients. We're really looking forward to that.

broke zamaorak siege pet so every emote causes the pet to literally fall apart, makes it fire green blobs instead of fireballs, and randomly shoots lightning out of its mouth.

the last can stay....

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Transcribed from RuneFest LIVE #4: Ideas for the Future

Mod Pips (27:30 - 29:15)

I feel we've got real unfinished business with our PC technology. Now, it's no revelation to anyone that we didn't get where we wanted to with the HTML5 client we made for Runescape3. We worked really hard, we saw some good progress but really, we hit the limits of what the browser can do, and, even in the months beyond Runescape3 we were kinda hoping that browser tech would improve and it has a little bit, but, really not enough. So we're going to do that work. We've got a crack team of awesome programmers back at the office who are essentially finding a way to take the improved architecture that we built for HTML5 and the benefits that that has, especially the visual benefits, and make a native version; something that can run directly on your machine, not through a browser, not through a sandbox Java environment, that can work like any other app or game. So the benefits there is that you get the visual improvements and some of the other things that HTML5 would have given us, like it opens the lid for much better graphics in the future but with much better performance, so not just better than HTML5 currently and also significantly better than how Java runs at the moment, both of, even the Java browser and downloadable clients still don't run at their full potential. So, you know, I think this is going to massively improve the game for everyone. The team have made some good progress, it is still early days, but we're hoping later next year we're going to fully supersede the Java clients. We're really looking forward to that.

Finally, is about all I have to say. I've been advocating for a non browser based client for years, it opens things up so much further in terms of capabilities it was the only direction to go.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It's pretty exciting, I hope it'll do well. I didn't expect the HTML5 release problems to be due to browser architecture :P.

• Like 3

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Looking forward to the client. :DD I just wish they would fix the equip/Unequip crash bug. That and the bug causing me to have to press enter, then any key except enter once before I can start typing a message. These are the only reasons I don't play HTML5 regularly. :c

Hopefully this means we finally have the option of a client that downloads the full game instead of relying on streaming everything directly with the help of some cache.

Other games have far better graphics while being able to run at a constant 60fps on a mid-level computer, yet Runescape can barely get a constant 45-50 fps on even the better gamimg rigs.

???

Glad they finally are realizing that they're just shooting themselves in the foot by insisting on limiting themselves to Java/Browsers.

Yes, they may lose the people who liked being able to just type in the address and play within 5 minutes, but times change and continuing on that path is a bad idea, IMO.

They can attract more people to the game if they have it run natively on their OS; people will be more willing to try out the game if the graphics are pleasing and if it runs well, as opposed to seeing the game having trouble running well and with sub-par graphics.

Surely it would be ideal for everyone if both the browser and the client were able to be used to play the game?

I assume this is feasible?

That way it's still possible to use a computer never previously used to play the game and be playing within a few minutes but also have the game run better and have better graphics on your regular computer.

I think that's the goal, the increased draw distance and other HTML5 features only for clients, and a low-graphics browser option based on Java.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think that's the goal, the increased draw distance and other HTML5 features only for clients, and a low-graphics browser option based on Java.

I got the impression they are hoping for the low-end browser version to still be HTML5 rather than java for future proofing.

Overall the move to a client will be good, being shackled by the limitations of other peoples software is just a lot of unnecessary hassle really; why use limited tech just to ensure it can run smoothly in the big 5(ish) browsers that may change their parameters at the drop of a hat when you could build your own framework and have that stability and simplicity to work with.

Would make a lot more sense for the tablet/mobile moves too, make a runescape game-app opposed to navigating to it via the browser though really with the move away from unlimited data plans runescape on the go might be expensive to the end user.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...