Hello, I am in the progress of making a staking account. I am wanting to make a defence based staking account as I have heard that high att and def with lower str is a good type of account. My current stats are 62,63,60 but i want 70,65,75. The problem is that I have already leveled prayer to 43 and prayer is pointless in staking due to the unneeded combat levels.

My question is should i make a new account and get 70,65,75 and keep 1 prayer or just continue with my current build with 43 prayer.

Thanks for reading.

Hi,

I wouldn't go to the trouble of restarting again on another account.

Most of the people at the arena are not fools, and they will look you up on the highscores before doing a stake. (Most of the people, and definitely the people with any serious bank value) So they'll either choose to not stake you, or ask you to raise your stake 1.5x,2x, etc.

It may be a nice trick to have up your sleeve for the very few chances when someone does stake you purely on the basis of your in game combat level, but that's going to be fairly rare, and probably not worth the extra difficulty of regaining your current stats & more with 1 prayer. In the cases where someone does stake you without knowing your stats, you could defeat them easily & they'll straight away check your highscores, and then not stake you again.

There is an exception to what I've said, and that's creating two accounts with similar names. Aka jamesbOnd13O and jamesb0nd130. See the difference? Which would you be more likely to search for in the highscores - most people will search for the name with 0s. So that is the account you train noob stats on - 70 71 70 with 54 prayer - while your jamesbOnd with the letters gets 82 69 77 with 1 prayer.

That's probably a bit dishonourable, and the people with the real money at the arena are wise.

• Like 2

LgEZt.png

Thanks for the reply, very informative and opened my eyes. The different names sounds like a good sneaky approach, I may have to do that in the future.

Do you think a staking account of this type is a good idea?

I stake a lot and can tell you 1 pray is not that much of a benefit, wont find anyone with anything worth winning who doesn't look you up.

I stay 1 pray just as a play style/challenge, enjoy it more.

• Like 1

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Yeah I'd say lower str higher attack & def is a worthwhile build. Having the right account won't make you a billionaire though, it can help though.

A good staker/gambler will make money no matter what account they have, though having a specific account may make that happen faster. For example a level 3 account, stakes are going to come real slowly.

LgEZt.png

• 2 weeks later...