[9-7-2013] Bringing Home the Bacon

Miss Lioness

Bringing Home the Bacon (members only)

Today we're serving up a classic RuneScape quest experience. It's fully voiced, packed with characteristic humour, and has fantastic rewards that stay useful from low levels right up to the 80s, including - of course - belt-bursting quantities of bacon.

Eli Bacon was just a reclusive, ethically suspect farmer until a tragic accident revealed to him a meaty secret long lost to the ravages of time. Pigs, it turns out, are delicious when cooked. Who knew?

However, the terrifying reaction of the few locals who've tried the new meat product made one thing abundantly clear: if bacon were simply to be released upon the unsuspecting world, the pig population would be swiftly and mercilessly devoured.

Can you convince the world that pigs are good for something other than food and pig wrestling? Can you do it without being complicit in Eli's dubious farming methods? And what in the world do onions have to do with this? All this - and more - is revealed in Bringing Home the Bacon.

Success will earn you more than just an expanded waistline. There's a buffet of fantastic rewards on offer once the quest is complete.

Foremost among these are three new summoning familiars: the spirit war pig, the spirit prayer pig and the spirit pack pig. These three familiars offer combat assistance, mobile prayer restoration and beast-of-burden functions respectively. You'll be able to gather the ingredients you need to make these by killing pigs, found in pig pens in Eli's cellar and around the world.

They're also the only summoning familiars that can be scaled up as you increase in levels. If you have level 44 in Summoning, Crafting and Construction, you can perform an upgrade in Eli's basement that improve your pig familiars. Get to level 88 in those three skills and another upgrade will become available. These upgrades will make any pig familiars you create better at their roles - stronger in combat, more restorative of prayer points, or with greater carrying capacity.

Note: In the interests of keeping this news article spoiler-free, we've given only essential information here. Eli will give you full details of how to create the three types of familiars when you speak to him post-quest.

On top of that, you'll become the proud owner of a customisable pig follower pet. Depending on your actions during the quest, the pig's default appearance will vary. This can be tweaked post-quest by making alterations in the basement , and the pig's name can be altered by speaking to Martin the Master Gardener in Draynor Marketplace.

Lest we forget, you'll also have access to bacon - meat of kings and breakfast of champions. Bacon is acquired by killing pigs in Eli's cellar, and is a foodstuff of great versatility. It can be cooked as it is, or - as your Cooking level increases - combined into ever-more gargantuan stacks. It can be baked into pork pies, or even be brewed into Pigswill beer, which gives a temporary two-level Farming boost, in exchange for a brief, equivalent loss of Strength.

Bacon products have a range of Cooking requirements up to level 74. It's also worth noting that bacon food items heal up to

than equivalent food at their level.

Finally, there's a frenetic, bacon-related treat for your ears unlocked upon completion of the quest. Check your music playlist for Glutton for Nourishment - a fully-voiced musical track.

Enjoy!

Mod Wilson

How the start Bringing Home the Bacon:

Speak to Eli Bacon in his pig pen, by his farm, north of Port Sarim.

Requirements:

• RuneScape membership
  • 14 Summoning
  • 14 Construction
  • 14 Farming

Behind the Scenes Video

Mod Wilson and Mod Mark chew the fat (or crunch the crackling) in our latest Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News

• There's a new batch of Slayer Masks coming to the Squeal of Fortune this Friday. Keep an eye on the news for more details!
  • Pick up a Vorago Shard - the first companion pet - at Solomon's General Store now.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]9th July 2013

Graphical:

• Several chatheads in the NPC Contact interface have been updated.
  • Kayle now uses the correct attack animation in the Blood Pact quest.
  • A graphical issue with teleporting to a Player-Owned House with the Sky-Jump teleport has been fixed.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

• Dondakan will now recognise pickaxes stored in your tool belt during the Between a Rock... quest.
  • A task complete popup now appears when completing the Rune Mysteries and Rune Memories quests.
  • The first option for the furnace during the Legacy of Seergaze quest has been changed to "Light".
  • Several typos in The World Wakes quest have been fixed.

Combat:

• The level requirement to use ammo with certain Ranged weapons has now been removed. Damage will now cap at the lowest level between the bow and the ammo.
  • The praying mantis stun ability now works correctly.
  • The cockatrice drain special attack is now more responsive, allowing a player to use the special as soon as the player enters combat with a target.
  • Snapshot now uses the correct damage values for the second shot.
  • Rockshell, spined and skeletal armours have been made into power armour.
  • The Barbarian Assault reward items have been made into power armour.
  • Players in the God Wars Dungeon waiting rooms have been stopped from taking damage from boss attacks.
  • Players now correctly auto-retaliate when attacked by giant snakes.
  • Boost Potion Share now boosts the targets' levels to the correct value when used with super-tier potions.

Other:

• Dragon crossbow limbs may now be coin shared.
  • The dwarven multicannon once again automatically fires when loaded with cannonballs.
  • Both players now have the chance to loot a signet if one drops after defeating one of the Legiones when using Social Slayer.
  • Pets no longer disappear if you log out and log in while standing in the Grand Exchange.
  • Players no longer can drop the acrobat outfit in F2P worlds.
  • Players can now reclaim the trimmed completionist cape whilst you have a completionist cape in a Dragon Keepsake Key.
  • The unused Chaos Tunnels warnings have been removed from the Doomsayer interface.
  • Master runecrafter robes now use the correct name.
  • The omni-talisman now allows one-click access to the fire altar.
  • The examine text of pneumatic gloves has been adjusted.
  • Fixed a spelling error on the Port Management interface.
  • Sinew now shows the correct XP that will be earned in the Make-x interface.
  • Players can no longer place items on tables, except for in Dungeoneering or POH-only items in a Player-Owned House.
  • Daily Challenge reward bags no longer create two stacks of the same stackable item in a player's inventory.
  • Players can now claim a second Falador shield if they have one stored in a Dragon Keepsake Key.
  • Several Squeal of Fortune object confirm destroy messages have been updated to state they have a fee to reclaim from Diango.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

This new music track... Do I really want to hear it? :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Ranged dual wield fix, ffs that was fast :P

Both players now have the chance to loot a signet if one drops after defeating one of the Legiones when using Social Slayer.

inb4 keystone price jump

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Oh no... This quest is going to be filled with puns... with no guarantee of pun quality...

• Like 1

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Oh no... This quest is going to be filled with puns... with no guarantee of pun quality...

Written and voiced by Meamzed.

• Like 2

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

So, one week has passed since I reported two bugs..

A: Spirit warriors in zgwd attack with magic.

B: Adding someone to your friends list int he lobby doesn't carry over into the game proper

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Written and voiced by Meamzed.

That would actually be pretty good, I like his puns.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I must say I really enjoyed the quest, great light hearted fun. The humour wasnt really lots of puns as i expected, but instead lots of really funny references to poular culture/movies etc, very cleverly done. Eli Bacon is a complete mentalist , would love to see him again in a quest. I liek that it had elements of old quest too as they said, going to talk to people and get stuff occasionally as opposed to the typical new quests where everything is handed to you on a platter.

The voice acting really worked and having the music on for once made me realise how much better the more recently released music is compared to the old stuff. I guess the big difference is that theyre actually using instruments to make the music now ,instead of the old music which was all made on sythesisers, which makes it sound so dated. I really hope we get a good amount of music reworks with RS3.

It's a funny quest, but it's not as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asUyK6JWt9U

That is British humour.

Anyway, info on the pigs? Making them atm but game crash etc..

• Like 7

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

[spoiler=Familiar info]Prayer pig: Seems to be a one time restore of ~800 prayer points for the tier 3 pig.

BoB pig: Carries as much as a war tortoise, but timer is much shorter(~16 minutes). Also for tier 3 pig.

Flyingjj.png

You can't place items on tables any more... Thats just horrible - I'm not sure why I feel passionate about reverting that, but it just took away some of the much desired aesthetics of the game. Next up: removal of sitting...

• Like 3

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Managed to reload the game, woo.

Familiars require 6 shards, a pouch, a gold charm and a pig tooth. 15-16 xp per pouch.

17 min timer, drains 2 summoning points to summon.

Bacon combines into stacks, stack sizes are 2, 4, 8 and 16. The 16-piece stack heals 1100 lp (examine: 'breakfast for one').

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

16-stack heals 1100? Is it one bite or two?

Eh, only one bite. T54 food should heal 1188 though, not 1100.

Edited by Saradomin_Mage

6Ij0n.jpg

The bacon does not direct stack.

2 Raw bits of bacon = 1 stack

2 Stacks = the next one

2 of the next one = the next

2 of the next = 1 mound

All are 1 bite, seems mildly useful for lower levels but waaaaayyyyy outclassed at higher levels.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh yeeeeeaaaah. A quest. Gonna do as soon as I can log in. I need to reclaim my cape and have some fun before I get back to the RS skill grind contest...

Or I could just leave it so I'd have something to do when RS3 comes out.

Quick question: There is a long of British humor in this game that flies over my head. So is there like a list of some sort that can explain the jokes I know I am going to miss?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Made a pork pie, which is supposed to require 74 cooking. It's only one bite to eat, and heals 1080LP, which makes it t54 food (doesn't seem to account for the 10% bonus bacon food is supposed to get). Also boosts your summoning and farming by 5.

In your bacon eating frenzy you also consume the pie dish.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

Gonna do as soon as I can log in.

Oh well, people never learn.

What about God statues D&D? What about Vorago? What about HTML5? People should have understood by now it is best to stay away from new content and let others lose their earned skill levels/items and time over various unforeseen issues.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Gonna do as soon as I can log in.

Oh well, people never learn.

What about God statues D&D? What about Vorago? What about HTML5? People should have understood by now it is best to stay away from new content and let others lose their earned skill levels/items and time over various unforeseen issues.

By as soon as I log in I meant when I get a chance to play, not because I'm having log in issues or what you are saying. I hope this is sarcasm on your part.

• Like 2

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Made a pork pie, which is supposed to require 74 cooking. It's only one bite to eat, and heals 1080LP, which makes it t54 food (doesn't seem to account for the 10% bonus bacon food is supposed to get). Also boosts your summoning and farming by 5.

First summon boost outside Clan Citadel? Now to open all those effigies!

• Like 1

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

By as soon as I log in I meant when I get a chance to play

That's exactly what I was replying to. Sure, there is a chance that there is nothing wrong with a low-level oriented, extra short quest. But recent updates have shown it is best to stay away from new content as far as possible (even avoiding to log in on the day of update).

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

It's a funny quest, but it's not as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asUyK6JWt9U

That is British humour.

Anyway, info on the pigs? Making them atm but game crash etc..

An absolute classic. :wub:

Well - I suppose we could all use a little more iron in our diets ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png