Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DGSweeper - RuneScape 3

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Icy Acid
[ Display Name History ]

Icy Acid

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Icy Acid
You use AutoHotKey for this?!?! Wow!

How did you get it to be a standalone executable? And the automatic updater?

How did you figure out Gdi+? it looks very complicated and I have no idea how to use it.

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
AutoHotkey handles the basics like drawing (since it simply uses GDI+), yeah.

GDI+ is just like painting on a canvas IRL. You need brushes in order to paint, or other bitmaps.

As for updating, when DGSweeper starts, it hits this URL:
http://www.tip.it/runescape/dgs/resource.json
If the SHA1 of the DGSweeper currently running, the resource.dll, or the main interface doesn't match the live version, it'll download the related file. It'll then check the file downloaded to make sure it is indeed the one intended.

Once it downloads an updated DGSweeper, it writes a batch file and exits the application. The batch file will delete the DGSweeper that wrote it, rename the file that was downloaded to what was just deleted, and then delete itself - since EXE can not delete themselves but BAT files can.
file:=fileopen("resource.bat","w")
file.write("@echo off`n:delete`ndel """ a_scriptfullpath """`nif exist """ a_scriptfullpath """ goto delete`nren """ a_scriptdir "\" a_scriptname ".tmp"" """ a_scriptname """`n""" a_scriptfullpath """`ndel """ a_workingdir "\resource.bat""")
file.close()
run,resource.bat,,hide useerrorlevel
exitapp

I used VS to compile the C++ that is uses to machine code. AHK then uses it's own DllCall to call the functions in the machine code. When it searches the map, for example, for player markers, it searches through a large array of pixels for a match. AHK does this incredibly slowly - so that's where the C++ comes in. Anything used for analyzing the images is C++.

Today(night) I should have the time to get the new position of the map - so hopefully will have a temporary version out by tomorrow morning.

09144a99bb.png

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
[Removed]

;).

09144a99bb.png

Dougie
[ Display Name History ]

Dougie

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Doug8
The dg community thanks you for your hard work.

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
A couple of quick notes from the work I've put into it today:
  • DGSweeper will require that you press your map button to search for the map. By default, in RuneScape, pressing M during a dungeon will open your map. This is for people with low-end video cards or CPUs.
  • The gatestones and keys will be moved to the right side. This will allow it's position to be anchored by the top-left as opposed to the top-right like it was. It will also allow me to easily add skills and other options and look better as most players kept it on the left.
  • If you've moved your central interface, you can keep your map open and ask DGSweeper to search for it's new position. This position will be saved until you move it again.
  • DGConnect will no longer be handled by the main interface (using JavaScript [jQuery]).
  • You will re-position DGSweeper with the yellow arrow in the top-left (see the sprite in the first post).

09144a99bb.png

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
Well guys, nothing is certain yet, but my limited time may be becoming even more limited. Though I have been putting a lot of work into it (have actually been home the past 2 days - with the exception of working today).

Today I was asked by a company I used to work for if I'd be interested in coming back. I loved working for them, and because this will be a new.. Branch?.. There'll be lots of room for advancements. They also pay for my post-secondary education, as well as pay me to take it. However, their hourly rate isn't as high as this next bit. I replied to them and they said they'd call me with the details tomorrow after 6PM.

I was also asked to send my resume to a machine shop here which pays a minimum of $9 more then the job in my last paragraph. Both are full benefits and full-time. I've never programmed in a machine shop, so I don't know how much I'll like it, while I know I love the other job. It's a toss-up, but if it comes down to it, I'll probably end up taking the first.

09144a99bb.png

Manon120184
[ Display Name History ]

Manon120184

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • RSN:Mizzz Manon
  • Clan:Deflection
That's great to hear :)
By the sound of things, things are getting lots better for you :)

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
They certainly have. :D.

Quickie IRL-blog-thing-a-majig:

09144a99bb.png

Manon120184
[ Display Name History ]

Manon120184

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
That's an awesome smile :) and you look great :)
You should put that pic as your av here on the board!
Glad to hear you're doing better, it all starts with a positive attitude!
I myself have been in a dark place, and instead of sitting there and letting it happen, I got up and made the changes I wanted and now I'm doing lots better :)
I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm working on it and making sure I smile at least once a day, even if only for myself :)

Abdulla
[ Display Name History ]

Abdulla

Mish3000

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • RSN:Abdulla
  • RSN '07:Mish
  • Clan:Afrobros
you gorgeous bastard.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

Manon120184
[ Display Name History ]

Manon120184

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
I admit, he's gorgeous... But why is he a bastard?

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

I myself have been in a dark place, and instead of sitting there and letting it happen, I got up and made the changes I wanted and now I'm doing lots better :)
I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm working on it and making sure I smile at least once a day, even if only for myself :)

That's the attitude to have. Good to hear. :).

09144a99bb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users