Sign in to follow this  
Archangelx

RuneScape Infographic

This was posted on their Facebook page a short while ago; pretty interesting stuff! 208 Monsters killed per minute :o

Source

e80h3a.jpg

oh65ia.jpg

a9rbiw.jpg

14v309i.jpg

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Weird, at first none of them worked, then the last three worked, then I visit the page and only the first one works, then none of them work anymore.

a9rbiw.jpg

14v309i.jpg

Revert EoC!

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

How does "revert eoc" have anything to do with this?

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

2076 cows killed per minute. 2000 by bots. 76 by players.

Only kinda joking, though botwatch has emptied the most botted spots I've found.

How does "revert eoc" have anything to do with this?

I think he's sarcastically referring to how it cost them in excess of 42M GBP to create (floor value based on minimum wage).

• Like 2

I think he's sarcastically referring to how it cost them in excess of 42M GBP to create (floor value based on minimum wage).

And then people want them to just remove it. Guess I should have put it in quotes or something.

• Like 1

And then people want them to just remove it. Guess I should have put it in quotes or something.

Well, the players got OSRS. If that player base keep playing (and doesn't go off the deep end when the 6 free months are up), everyone should be pleased (ignoring the need to fix bugs and add new quest to RS3, etc). Unless you are really in between the two version. But at that point you may need to find a new game.

And 208 bosses killed a minute?! My head hurts reading that.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

How on earth do they know how many friendships are forged each day via RS?

Adding people to your friend list.

69b78yR.png

Runescape players are capable of devouring over 400 pounds of meat in a little more than half of a second.

• Like 1

69b78yR.png

Runescape players are capable of devouring over 400 pounds of meat in a little more than half of a second.

It's the same creative statistical interpretations when we were told that over 95% of players were in favor of the SoF ... by way of daily spin usage.

*shrug*

I thought the infograph was neat and I always appreciate seeing female characters dressed like actual fighters rather than a cheap [bleep].

• Like 10

hzvjpwS.gif

Piranhas have nothing on us 'Scapers! :lol:

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

69b78yR.png

It's the same creative statistical interpretations when we were told that over 95% of players were in favor of the SoF ... by way of daily spin usage.

*shrug*

I thought the infograph was neat and I always appreciate seeing female characters dressed like actual fighters rather than a cheap [bleep].

I appreciate anything that is not Ariane staring at me every time I log in. Not what I play for Jagex...

• Like 3

69b78yR.png

If a person was really against SoF, they wouldn't use their daily spins at all.

69b78yR.png

If a person was really against SoF, they wouldn't use their daily spins at all.

That's been discussed to death but to re-hash and really oversimplify a very thought out and interesting discussion, players essentially have no choice but to continually use it due to the way it's set up, the popup's annoying nature, and competitive play. It's set up to be part of the addictive mmo architecture.

Should have a re-read of those old threads about the SoF, it's really a fun* read.

* - I am not responsible for the medical fees from brain damage brought about by facepalming at most of the posts on those threads.p

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

And then there are the players who don't like the addition of SoF, but still use it simply because it is available and it helps them remain competitive. Especially since they initially added it in with no ability to purchase spins, and got everyone "ok" with that before actually adding spin purchases. That made more people "ok" with spinning at all first. Once you get people doing it, then it becomes easier to justify adding the bought ones, and to justify your actions of "everyone likes it!!"

Interested to know what the metric of "spins per minute" would be though, (especially if thye didn't count daily spins, but only those won for other reasons or bought)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

And then there are the players who don't like the addition of SoF, but still use it simply because it is available and it helps them remain competitive.

Those player are really interesting to me because some them are quick to point out "Lol no one like SOF but we use it because it is there!" without the foresight to see that their use justifies it's existences, because they remain competitive using it. They don't seem to get that the silent majority speaks louder than the vocal minority in most cases.

Nonetheless I hope we will see more out of Jagex thanks to SOF/SGS now the RS3 is here. Maybe we can bump that 39 new player per minute up to at least a solid 50. Of course I hope that figure doesn't include bots being made. :D

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

69b78yR.png

Actually the reason I am surprised is because it is in the 'Beyond the Game' section, along with stats on YT vids and forum posts. Which implies the friendships are made "outside" the game rather than just adding people to friends lists. And hence it's pretty creepy if they know about them. But yea. Creative reasoning indeed...

I like to think I've made some friends from this game. Even if we are across the globe.

29386_s.gif

69b78yR.png

Actually the reason I am surprised is because it is in the 'Beyond the Game' section, along with stats on YT vids and forum posts. Which implies the friendships are made "outside" the game rather than just adding people to friends lists. And hence it's pretty creepy if they know about them. But yea. Creative reasoning indeed...

They're just sugar coating it. I'm a pretty social person in game and add a lot of people to my friend's list, but I could count the people I would be interested in meeting irl on one hand. I don't need all of the fingers on that hand either.

• Like 1

There aren't many people I would want to meet in person but. I have quite a few people I like to talk to.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014