11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Why number of voyages is limited?

Otherwise people would probably grind for a week and get to the good stuff ...

Which has happened all too often in RuneScape's past and has led to good content being essentially dead far too prematurely. I know some people will complain and say "Let us get on with it" but it's a good idea to limit content like this so it carries on over a long-term basis.

Why number of voyages is limited?

Otherwise people would probably grind for a week and get to the good stuff ...

I really don't see the problem in that.

But apparently Jagex does

As someone above me said - they (and I assume everyone with nex armor or any nex hunter actually) want the armor to be rare. Unlimited voyages wont help with that.

They can still make the armor rare, I just want to do the voyages and upgrade the port and see the storyline unfold. Making something rare only because you can't play is really lame.

My lowest mission to pass: 52%

Highest to fail: 87%

Friends highest to fail was: 98%

Guess they are using the same "luck" system as farming where all your patches die even if you are 99 Farm.

Really enjoying it so far.

Peace,

Vann

Making something rare only because you can't play is really lame.

You can play the minigame. You just have to wait a bit for all the content to be available.

You're acting like multi-staged release of new content is somehow weird in the video games industry, and I'm not sure why.

• Like 2

My lowest mission to pass: 52%

Highest to fail: 87%

Friends highest to fail was: 98%

Guess they are using the same "luck" system as farming where all your patches die even if you are 99 Farm.

Really enjoying it so far.

Peace,

Vann

You should be able to get almost every voyage to at least 80% success, else you are misconfiguring something.

my cyclops and bamboo golems came preloaded with traits, which is mostly good except that one of them has the ability to sacrifice themselves to save any crewmember who will die, which isn't the most favorable ability when they're the most valuable crewmember to begin with

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

Also glad that the best armour will be untradeable now.

Pop armour is only 6% better.

What's your point?

They're still the best.

The gap is negligible.

Anything to narrow the status gap that Nex gear created is a good thing, IMO.

The is barely a gap between gwd and nex armour now. As a result, it has crashed like a brick, so it's much more affordable.

The is barely a gap between gwd and nex armour now. As a result, it has crashed like a brick, so it's much more affordable.

All good, as long as the price difference isn't as outrageous as it was pre-EOC.

I can understand grinding for money for maybe 20 hours max to afford the best gear, but HUNDREDS of hours? Ridiculous.

77yLQy8.png

The only thing I dislike is that if your ship needs repairing you can't use the crew/captain of the said ship ... so if you've sent you're best crew on a mission which failed you pretty much HAVE TO repair it =/

can't you just pay the black market jagex employee to fix it up?..... inb4 you need to start paying with runecoins

meamzed.png

I think they should release lv 75 gear to go between GWD gear and Nex gear.

I think they should boost GWD gear to level 75-wait a minute...

... Wait!

Barrows as Lv. 65 gear, GWD as Lv. 70, Third-age as Lv. 75.

I found the (read: a) solution!

Nex armour deserves to be a lot better than gwd, it's obtained from the hardest boss in the game.

The gap between GWD and Nex is 14% I wouldn't say that's ... barely.

14% isn't much when armour in general isn't that useful. Keep in mind also that nex armour degrades. I would almost go as far as saying that gwd>nex because of that.

The only thing I dislike is that if your ship needs repairing you can't use the crew/captain of the said ship ... so if you've sent you're best crew on a mission which failed you pretty much HAVE TO repair it =/

can't you just pay the black market jagex employee to fix it up?..... inb4 you need to start paying with runecoins

It is an option ... and I did it, but it's really illogical to have to fix a ship in order to use the crew.

I think they should release lv 75 gear to go between GWD gear and Nex gear.

I think they should boost GWD gear to level 75-wait a minute...

but we wouldn't want gear which takes a great deal more effort and time to get to be better than barrows gear.

NOW WOULD WE, THAT WOULDN'T BE FAIR.

here, have some spins, maybe you can get a lucky divine

meamzed.png