11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

So, how does the adventurer reroll really work? If I have already sent the two adventurers I got today, will I get new ones and will the sent ones still finish? What is the maximum amount of adventurer rerolls you can have?

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

So, how does the adventurer reroll really work? If I have already sent the two adventurers I got today, will I get new ones and will the sent ones still finish? What is the maximum amount of adventurer rerolls you can have?

You can have 3.

When used it spawns new adventurers in port.

This has no bearing on voyages already sent out, eg the occultist might be ought on a voyage but show up again.

The only condition is when a special voyage from the first set returns it can cause re-rolled ones to disappear because when they return they 'clear' their adventurer slot.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How about POP boots/gloves as offensive variants?

That'd work, or the other way around. Anything but more identical items for the same slot >.<

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

How about POP boots/gloves as offensive variants?

That'd work, or the other way around. Anything but more identical items for the same slot >.<

Personally I think it'd be better if auto and glacor were the offensive.

I think if sets must be separate rather than interchangeable it makes sense for defensive gear to be made with skills/games whilst offensive is earned from pure combat.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also, because making pieces of the same set of armor be different in focus would be ..weird.

Since current ports armor is widely speculated to become t85 defensive, it wouldn't make sense for port boots/gloves to suddenly be offensive. My OCD mind can't wrap my head around that concept.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Yay 2 Story Voyages left to get =D

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm new to PoP and I'm at day 3 or 4 of doing it now, I forget. The voyages are really ramping up in difficulty now; I've got 3 normal voyages and 2 special voyages left today and they're all 4/5 anchors. I've failed a few voyages today, too. I feel like I'm struggling to get the gunpowder needed to buy the necessary upgrades/hire crew to keep up.

I'm too scared to send voyages with less than 75% change of success as I don't want to lose decent crew members or have to pay to fix my ship.

...Am I doing something wrong, or is this sort of standard? Should I expect to not be able to do a fair portion of each day's voyages? Any pointers for a newbie?

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

It's basically standard. I wouldn't worry too much about losing crew, it doesn't happen that often. Early on you should be able to do all your voyages for gunpowder and even maybe slate. But once you get to cherry wood, doing all voyages requires some pretty odd sleeping schedules.

First things: ALWAYS get more ships. As soon as you can, get the upgrades for more ships. This is your #1 priority.

Go for ship upgrades, and new crew first. You can ignore other port upgrades for a while, but once you start getting near clearing a region focus on getting enough stuff.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Thanks!

So first priority for me is enough gunpowder to get a level 3 shipyard. That makes sense.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Thanks!

So first priority for me is enough gunpowder to get a level 3 shipyard. That makes sense.

Other than the office(which gives you additional ships) port upgrades should be generally very low on your list of priorities. Most of them should be gotten only once you've fully maxed ship/crew(as in pincers maxed).

For the office upgrades, don't rush too much with 3rd ship, you won't need it until the scythe region. However, 4th ship should be gotten ASAP in bowl, just after getting most bowl crew.

For general tips, always use crew with merchant trait(highest you can) on resource missions, solidarity crew are very very useful but golems aren't. For later regions, rudder upgrade should be high priority.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Anybody else really tired of not getting the rewards from randoms? Got a FotS and go to use it... none available, total BS.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Thanks!

Other than the office(which gives you additional ships) port upgrades should be generally very low on your list of priorities. Most of them should be gotten only once you've fully maxed ship/crew(as in pincers maxed).

For the office upgrades, don't rush too much with 3rd ship, you won't need it until the scythe region. However, 4th ship should be gotten ASAP in bowl, just after getting most bowl crew.

For general tips, always use crew with merchant trait(highest you can) on resource missions, solidarity crew are very very useful but golems aren't. For later regions, rudder upgrade should be high priority.

I would always prioritise the Office upgrades. Especially at the bowl, You should get that before you even get crew.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Do scrimshaws get protected by graves?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I would always prioritise the Office upgrades. Especially at the bowl, You should get that before you even get crew.

There is no reason to get 3rd ship ASAP in the hook region because you only get 16/17 voyages a day anyway. It only becomes useful for the scythe region.

As for 4th ship, i basically got mine as soon as possible, only getting 3 crewmen before it, and really, deeply regretted it. The problem is that for the first 10-15% of a region you mostly get very low resource voyages, and thus your progress will be very slow regardless. It would have been much more effective had i gotten 60-100% bowl crew before concentrating on getting 10k jade. Remember, crew in jade region is the highest regional upgrade for any region. The higher success rate with your crew means you will get the resources just as fast, but will already have a decent crew when you get your 4th ship.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

They fall on the ground under the grave.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Scrimshaws, like armour, appear under your grave, so they are protected by it but not affected by the 'equip all' button.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Another scroll voyage, random voyage for 2 TG and a special 5 TG voyage. I am satisfied tonight. One more scroll for cruelty then I think I'll get the bleeding one.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png