Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5373 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

What about Pandora's box for random events? Anyone build one of those?

Random events are still limited to one a day, so it's pretty bad. You only really want telescopes, jade statues, or parrots. And once you hit the endgame, you don't want telescopes.

I'd add Cherry Trees to the list of handy ones; when your grinding through for upgrades the boost can be handy and Parrots are only good if you lack the 99s of course.

Pandora's just suck, it's kinda rare to not get a random within the day, even only sending out 1 or 2 rounds of voyages. One a day is the limit and if you get that 99/100 anyway why boost it?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • RSN:Blofeld
Is there anyone else that the thought of doing a random event each time just makes you want to push your fingers into your eyes. I just cannot face doing them any more, especially as the probability of getting the black marketeer event seems quite a bit higher than barmaids tip (to me anyway). I wish they had developed, would develop a few more random events because the same 2 over and over is just painful.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
God yes! I really want more random and a better reward system...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
If every pandora's box allowed you to get one extra random every day, would it be worth it?

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts

So I'm going to build some totems, I assume I should focus on having 4 telescopes for now to make sure I can get all the scrolls I want for armor and then switch 2 of them to trade goods once I have my armor scrolls unlocked and am working on scrimshaws/rocktail soup?

Well, scrolls are no use beyond the ones you use to make money, so I'd suggest 3 jade statues at least.

My goal is max port score as soon as possible. Probably should have stated that as well.

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild
Cherry trees don't do enough. By the time you're building totems, you're already pretty far along, and it's unlikely it'll pay for itself. If you could get it earlier, maybe, but once you're heading into the Pincers you should start being more concerned with story and trade good missions.

If every pandora's box allowed you to get one extra random every day, would it be worth it?

I already don't do randoms at all anymore so I'mma say no. :ugeek:

WeatherMatt
[ Display Name History ]

WeatherMatt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:WeatherMatt
  • RSN2:DIY WMatt
But but...the 1% chance of adventurer rerolls! You're missing out!

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Is it worth having assassins tell you that their target has a hat, when everybody in the port has a hat?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
They really skimped on the Random events for ports imo.
They could've at the very least done:
1) 2-3 DIFFERENT events per person.
2) Included events for John Strumm (til he dies), the Navigator and the Seasinger
3) Included a few events for the random nameless and even perhaps added a few more characters eg chamber maid type person for the lodgings, the shipwright, artisan in the workshop.

The Black Marketeer one annoys me no end.
Why 90% of the time do all 5 give the same dam clue?
Great it's someone with a hat! They all have dam hats!
Why like 50% of the time do they just give wrong clues?
Oh it's a woman you say, let's go click a woman "well thats the wrong gender for a start"
Ok that last guy was a liar give it to me straight, blue top you say, let's click one of them "Thats not right their top is a different colour"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

Is it worth having assassins tell you that their target has a hat, when everybody in the port has a hat?

The very first assassin event I did, the first four clues were "The target is wearing a hat. That should narrow it down." There was only one guy who wasn't wearing a hat. Then the fifth clue was "The target is not wearing a hat." I legitimately thought it was supposed to be a joke.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

The very first assassin event I did, the first four clues were "The target is wearing a hat. That should narrow it down." There was only one guy who wasn't wearing a hat. Then the fifth clue was "The target is not wearing a hat." I legitimately thought it was supposed to be a joke.

Honestly, given the number of available targets and the pointlessness of their clues, I simply click on every available target until someone finally dies ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts
I don't mind the color clues because they are at least easily recognizable, but when they say ,"their top was a different style" I just want to choke them. No one caaaaaaares (colors are usually too garish to be considered fashionscaping).

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.

Honestly, given the number of available targets and the pointlessness of their clues, I simply click on every available target until someone finally dies ... :rolleyes:

This is the only way to do the assassin random. :thumbup:

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

cowmaster187
[ Display Name History ]

cowmaster187

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • RSN:legoman187
  • Clan:Serenity Isle
Does any one know what the current prices for the tradable armor bits are?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

I do this when they decide that their initial clue is man/woman or hat/no hat. First, they're all highly androgynous, and second, does a bandana count as a hat? I don't even know.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Crazy ports day with 2x 5 chi, 5 lacquer, 5 plate, 5 bones and 30 spice.

Scroll 61/80 a success as considering building two more telescopes for the hell of it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar
Question: has anyone without 90 theiving acquired enough lacquer for death lotus? or likewise anyone without 90 fishing enough plate for tetsu?

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Question: has anyone without 90 theiving acquired enough lacquer for death lotus? or likewise anyone without 90 fishing enough plate for tetsu?

I have ~80 lacquer, ~120 plate, and ~100 chi. Got to the pincers a month late. Skip all voyages that aren't worth my time now (I have a full crew). Only have 90+ herb and 90+ prayer. Hope it helps!

edit: Here's my exact count etc:
Posted Image

I also have a 5 lacquer mission out with a 76% chance.

ozXHe7P.png

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kamil1210
Posted Image
What to do with them?

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

I have full tetsu without having done any trios or the convict but I do have the whaler. I'm just about to finish my death lotus set and I'm at 148/200 chi for sea singer and I have 84 rc.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users