Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5373 replies to this topic

Sumpta
[ Display Name History ]

Sumpta

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sunta

Should have results on what the workshop is like tomorrow. Also back to the arc to collect bamboo to buy it. After that I'm camping gunpowder for other rewards. I'm wonder with the way things are would it be more interesting and worthwhile to sweep through and buy everything you can. The other optio would be to keep bruteforcing it like most everyone else.

I'm thinking of doing a few slate missions now to get the resources to buy the upgraded crew and then taking that crew back to the bamboo and gunpowder region to collect resources for the buildings. It's no use training the old crew, I want those newly trained big shots who can then go do the harder slate missions with a bit more ease...

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
Considering the port score needed to unlock the Scythe we are most probably going to stuck at the Hook for quite a while anyway.

I plan to get enough slate for some of the new crew members then head back to the Arc and get the bamboo for the workshop. Not only will all the voyages be 100% just with deck upgrades but I can use them to level the new crew members without the penalty of death.

Also, why does the share button have an Eevee next to it...

Edit: looks like me and Sumpta had the same idea.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Should have results on what the workshop is like tomorrow. Also back to the arc to collect bamboo to buy it. After that I'm camping gunpowder for other rewards. I'm wonder with the way things are would it be more interesting and worthwhile to sweep through and buy everything you can. The other optio would be to keep bruteforcing it like most everyone else.

I'm thinking of doing a few slate missions now to get the resources to buy the upgraded crew and then taking that crew back to the bamboo and gunpowder region to collect resources for the buildings. It's no use training the old crew, I want those newly trained big shots who can then go do the harder slate missions with a bit more ease...

Not a bad idea really.

My whole outlook is to knock out whatever needs I require from the arc (bamboo) then never return. After that pretty mug do the same everywhere else.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

NukeMarine
[ Display Name History ]

NukeMarine

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • RSN:Nukemarine
Wow, I'm not able to do all the missions due to work. Just going to have to pick missions that are 100% and reroll lower chance ones. It's kind of fun where I set out ships for an hour, work on fish flingers or pyramid plunder for that hour, repeat once or twice, then off to bed. Can't keep it up, but it's been cool. Definitely a mini-game that works for the grinder or the casual gamer.

Currently have most the ship upgrades and 4 tier 2 crewmembers for each stat. Enough for most voyages being 100%. Guess for the special voyages I'll try to do story lines and item voyages since it looks like making special items will be a ways down the line. Might as well go for best chances at improving chances.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev
Having a 10,000 morale voyage is a real killjoy ... I mean I am 100% sure I will fail it but still .. 10 spices ..

Emaxganis
[ Display Name History ]

Emaxganis

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:Emaxganis

Having a 10,000 morale voyage is a real killjoy ... I mean I am 100% sure I will fail it but still .. 10 spices ..

What % you manage to get?

I think people is got used to sending every voyage at 100% and I personally believe in the harder regions its going to be more of a gamble and will be almost impossible to get to 100%. Where's the fun if you always win ;) ? (I really hope its like that :P )
Posted Image

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
48% I think.
I agree with you but I prefer ~75% voyages .. not 50-.

Emaxganis
[ Display Name History ]

Emaxganis

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:Emaxganis

48% I think.
I agree with you but I prefer ~75% voyages .. not 50-.

I am guessing it will be around 70+ with all upgrades and high lvl crewmembers.. or you have that already?

I am getting to Hook region tonight, lets see how it goes ;)
Posted Image

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

oliboli1992
[ Display Name History ]

oliboli1992

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • RSN:Oliboli1992
  • RSN2:Kinghalo66
  • Clan:currently: none

Wow, I'm not able to do all the missions due to work. Just going to have to pick missions that are 100% and reroll lower chance ones. It's kind of fun where I set out ships for an hour, work on fish flingers or pyramid plunder for that hour, repeat once or twice, then off to bed. Can't keep it up, but it's been cool. Definitely a mini-game that works for the grinder or the casual gamer.

Currently have most the ship upgrades and 4 tier 2 crewmembers for each stat. Enough for most voyages being 100%. Guess for the special voyages I'll try to do story lines and item voyages since it looks like making special items will be a ways down the line. Might as well go for best chances at improving chances.

Hey,
I have the same problem, not being able to do many voyages due to work but i've managed to reach Hook today, I've managed to use my phone to remote control my laptop and use my phone to get onto runescape to send off voyages. If you're itnerested in doing the same send me a message.
Sig

Posted Image

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
I wonder what the f*** were the people in the eastern lands fighting so they'd need to use such a badass armor.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

I wonder what the f*** were the people in the eastern lands fighting so they'd need to use such a badass armor.

It's always Eastern tradition to be hypercompetitive and over-prepare for everything. Just look at the entrance exam cramming in East Asia, man :P

I'm not being racist, I'm Asian

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
Just imagine what armor would've they invented if they ever saw Nex then :D

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc
Given the generic setting for the whole eastern lands it's probably just a bunch of samurai fighting each other.

Just imagine what armor would've they invented if they ever saw Nex then.

Pernix, Virtus and Torva. Nobody invents armor when a dangerous boss appears, they just loot it from them.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
New traits my brother discovered:

Feeble : Increased risk of death
Awe-inspiring : +100 Morale (was on a travelling drunk, pity that)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Just imagine what armor would've they invented if they ever saw Nex then Posted Image

This is the real reason that Gundam was invented.

Begbie
[ Display Name History ]

Begbie

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • RSN:Begbie
i've bought all the gunpowder upgrades for my ships apart from the rudder - will i have to buy the gunpowder rudder before i'll be allowed to buy the slate (or higher) rudder?

i have no need to speed up missions right now and would rather save the gunpowder for port upgrades...

cheers,

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Sumpta
[ Display Name History ]

Sumpta

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • RSN:Sunta

i've bought all the gunpowder upgrades for my ships apart from the rudder - will i have to buy the gunpowder rudder before i'll be allowed to buy the slate (or higher) rudder?

i have no need to speed up missions right now and would rather save the gunpowder for port upgrades...

cheers,

I think you can skip them, but I'm not sure. It might be worth getting the gunpowder rudder anyway. The Hook missions are quite long already, 2 to 3 hours, so spending that bit of gunpowder may be worth it, considering that you'll be wanting your first few hundreds of slate for crew and the bigger ship updates, not for the slate rudder.

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

cheers,

Ship upgrades have no requirements beside the resource cost.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Fred_S
[ Display Name History ]

Fred_S

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • RSN:Mumfy
Posted Image
I guess this character is also honored to get a mention:

Birdd
[ Display Name History ]

Birdd

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 370 posts
@Saradomin Mage for port stat table, etc. Dunno if you're in the hook yet.

Posted Image
Levels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users