11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I've done very, very few story voyages, since I prefer going for resources/scrolls. But between story voyages or trade goods voyages, I'll definitely go for story. The trade goods ones are insane and not really worth it at this point, lol.

• Like 2

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I believe trade good rates will go up as we get to new areas, which is why I'm not bothering doing any of those missions. Scrolls I will do if they are within reach, but I still prefer the resource voyages, because I need resources to buy crew.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The Missionary is balls to the wall insane, did his 3rd mission, the Hook islands that is, and discovered he used to smash people's heads when they didn't convert to saradominism.

To kill an infidel is not sin, it is the path to heaven.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The Missionary is balls to the wall insane, did his 3rd mission, the Hook islands that is, and discovered he used to smash people's heads when they didn't convert to saradominism.

To kill an infidel is not sin, it is the path to heaven.

He's a pretty cool guy

Is there a limit to the staunch abilities protection e.g. can 2 crew members "die" and will the golem only save 1, or does it simply guarantee losing nobody but the golem?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Is there a limit to the staunch abilities protection e.g. can 2 crew members "die" and will the golem only save 1, or does it simply guarantee losing nobody but the golem?

I've had two Golems be destroyed and nobody else harmed on two separate occasions so I'm inclined to believe they sacrifice themselves to prevent all possible deaths but thats just two examples.

Sylpheed.png

I believe trade good rates will go up as we get to new areas, which is why I'm not bothering doing any of those missions. Scrolls I will do if they are within reach, but I still prefer the resource voyages, because I need resources to buy crew.

This. Right now the focus of pop should be on two things: resources and upgrades. There's no point on getting all scrolls and building a workshop, when you can't even complete missions for a single plate/lacquer/chi... I've been focusing on replacing skull crew for hook crew and so far missions have been doing MUCH BETTER, enough to keep a steady rate of 9/10 including special voyages... Besides, there are upgrades that increase the chance of getting scroll missions, so I would wait to that point to actually focus on them.

• Like 3
tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Sadly voyages for a region seem to get progressively more difficult, as I was able to get 100% on most voyages in the hook, for the first few days, with out upgrades and other things. But they got more difficult, faster than I could buy the better crew and deck items.

Serena_Sedai.png

Sadly voyages for a region seem to get progressively more difficult, as I was able to get 100% on most voyages in the hook, for the first few days, with out upgrades and other things. But they got more difficult, faster than I could buy the better crew and deck items.

Did you dismissed crew region all together or replaced them gradually? That lastest worked for me and still getting 96%-100% on most voyages, then again, I also have chimeras and sirens that are level 5+, and don't think I have any crew member that's lower than level 3. I just sent them to level up on easier missions (gunpowder and bamboo ones) first.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Did you dismissed crew region all together or replaced them gradually? That lastest worked for me and still getting 96%-100% on most voyages, then again, I also have chimeras and sirens that are level 5+, and don't think I have any crew member that's lower than level 3. I just sent them to level up on easier missions (gunpowder and bamboo ones) first.

I only just got chimera's, I never got Sirens, so that put a huge dent in some of the double missions (double seafaring + combat) and the voyages got significantly more difficult. I only just got Chimera last night, and yesterday my missions were 5500 doubles, 6500 or 10k singles, and 3500 triples, all of which are for me about 65-80% first the first two hook days I managed 100% on most of the missions.

I am going back to bamboo/gunpowder once I have enough crew to bother lvling them up. (and to try to unlock sirens, that mission never showed up again after I got an unlucky failure)

Serena_Sedai.png

I've got two slate hulls, a rudder and a few more morale/combat clansmen to unlock then going back for gunpowder/bamboo and sirens voyage, hopefully get chimera voyage before I unlock next region too.

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

OK has anyone else got the XP tome? I did the mission and saw 10000 xp go to the xp counter but never selected a skill and cant figure out where it went. I thought the 10k xp tome would go to the crew. So what happens to it?

It goes to you, probably in the skill of the character that you used to get it.

OK has anyone else got the XP tome? I did the mission and saw 10000 xp go to the xp counter but never selected a skill and cant figure out where it went. I thought the 10k xp tome would go to the crew. So what happens to it?

It goes to you, probably in the skill of the character that you used to get it.

This is what I have heard.

If it's Whaler it goes to fishing.

Assassin to slayer

Botanist to herb

Missionary to prayer

Occultist to rc

Convict to thief

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's so.. Odd to have the occultist as RC, she is totally a Mage, further amplified by the Assassin's hook story, it feels like they alredy had 3 "combat" skills on there and used Rc to circumvent. There is nothing connecting Runecrafting to Occultism.

And someone who has Occultist, what does her hook story mission say aout her? Is she really the occultist thta prevent The assassins.. assassination?

The occultist claims she is immortal, and wants to kill herself. She believes that other people will find her and abuse her for her powers to grant imortality. There is supposedly a ritual which can remove her power, and she's going to attempt it but needs the 3 parts.

Serena_Sedai.png

Vivs4.png

FGn2Q.png

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015