11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Should I stay in the scythe or go to some of the lower regions to get bamboo and slate?

Do as much of the Scythe as you can, and spam bamboo to finish your last voyages if you're short on time.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but if you refuse a double mission and send off one adventurer, the double mission will get replaced by a single for the other adventurer.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Here are my voyage logs from the past two days:

*== VOYAGE EXPORT - 1/10/2013- 19:28:34 Range[1, 16] ==*

Voy# Date	 Boat Percent Result
01.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 1 - 086% - Fail
02.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 2 - 097% - Pass
03.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 3 - 088% - Fail
04.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 1 - 094% - Fail
05.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 2 - 091% - Fail
06.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 3 - 100% - Pass
07.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 1 - 086% - Fail
08.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 2 - 097% - Pass
09.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 3 - 086% - Fail
10.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 1 - 082% - Fail
11.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 2 - 091% - Fail
12.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 3 - 085% - Pass
13.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 1 - 080% - Fail
14.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 2 - 083% - Fail
15.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 3 - 081% - Fail
16.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 2 - 099% - Fail

Most of my missions in the Scythe are 7-8,000 across the board or 13k+ in a single attribute. In the region before, they are still about the same. I can't get enough Cherrywood to get the hulls as the failures usually use what I do get. I am starting to dislike PoP.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Should I stay in the scythe or go to some of the lower regions to get bamboo and slate?

No matter your focus, you will continue to get voyages from lower regions. Unless you desperately want the upgrade (3rd ship for example) you will probably be better off focusing on the higher region to maximize your progress.

I also had days when I couldn't get to a computer for most of the day, so on those days I just did what I could then rushed lower voyages to use up the 15. I got my lower upgrades that way.

I've seen a 10k captain only once! And getting max 1 random a day.. where is my luck :(?

That is unlucky... I have seen and recruited 3 10k captains now - one I got from captain reroll when I had 12k chimes hehe. I won't complain about not getting (still not) any sea witches to recruit because I'd rather have 3 10k captains and no sea witch than the other way around. Good luck getting those 10k captains!

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Going to have my daredevil and refurbished lodgings done in four hours. I'm pretty amazed I managed to get all the bamboo and slate for them. Now I just need to work on getting another 2.9k cherry wood for when I hit that 10k jade benchmark for the fourth ship. I might just buy all the jade upgrades I can because its so tempting...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I've seen a 10k captain only once! And getting max 1 random a day.. where is my luck :(?

That is unlucky... I have seen and recruited 3 10k captains now - one I got from captain reroll when I had 12k chimes hehe. I won't complain about not getting (still not) any sea witches to recruit because I'd rather have 3 10k captains and no sea witch than the other way around. Good luck getting those 10k captains!

Shortly after this post a voyage returned with a random, which gave me a captain reroll.. and guess what captain I got :D ? haha

You will see me crying in the forums a lot from now onwards

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Shortly after this post a voyage returned with a random, which gave me a captain reroll.. and guess what captain I got :D ? haha

Nice. Hope you got one with good traits?

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

*== VOYAGE EXPORT - 1/10/2013- 19:28:34 Range[1, 16] ==*

Voy# Date	 Boat Percent Result
01.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 1 - 086% - Fail
02.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 2 - 097% - Pass
03.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 3 - 088% - Fail
04.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 1 - 094% - Fail
05.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 2 - 091% - Fail
06.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 3 - 100% - Pass
07.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 1 - 086% - Fail
08.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 2 - 097% - Pass
09.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 3 - 086% - Fail
10.) 1-09-2013 - Boat 1 - 082% - Fail
11.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 2 - 091% - Fail
12.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 3 - 085% - Pass
13.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 1 - 080% - Fail
14.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 2 - 083% - Fail
15.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 3 - 081% - Fail
16.) 1-10-2013 - Boat 2 - 099% - Fail

Most of my missions in the Scythe are 7-8,000 across the board or 13k+ in a single attribute. In the region before, they are still about the same. I can't get enough Cherrywood to get the hulls as the failures usually use what I do get. I am starting to dislike PoP.

As far as I can see you are have either really bad luck or are doing something wrong. As I look to your log usually only one ship succeeds out of three. If it's not just bad luck, it also could point to mistakenly sending the wrong ship with a lower succes rate on a voyage. If you send out a ship from the shipyard menu, not from the ship menu, you usually have to select the right ship to send out. After sending out two ships, you can't go wrong anymore, so that ship has the intended succes rate, explaining the 1/3 succes rate. Then again, it could just be really bad luck.

Tooneb.pngToone.png

Nice. Hope you got one with good traits?

I cant access now, but if I remember correctly it was improved seafaring and +1% to ship's Morale , so cant complain :P

Emaxganis.png

xp tomes? once a successful voyage and the reward is an xp tome, where is the tome at or does it automatically get added to the skill?

Its automatically added to the skill associated with the adventurer who supplied it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

xp tomes? once a successful voyage and the reward is an xp tome, where is the tome at or does it automatically get added to the skill?

Its automatically added to the skill associated with the adventurer who supplied it.

Automatic to the skill. Not sure if this is correct or not but i did one for the Whaler at 10K and i think when the chance for another XP tome from that Whaler it was 15K. So as you do the XP tomes they scale up??? Or are they just random like some are 10k and some are 15K maybe some 20k but just random??? Anyone know?

Automatic to the skill. Not sure if this is correct or not but i did one for the Whaler at 10K and i think when the chance for another XP tome from that Whaler it was 15K. So as you do the XP tomes they scale up??? Or are they just random like some are 10k and some are 15K maybe some 20k but just random??? Anyone know?

I havent done any XP tomes and I've seen different values of XP in different regions, so i'd assume the higher the region the better xp they give, same thing happens with trade goods

Emaxganis.png

I'm really struggling to get the Trade Goods, haven't seen them as a reward for several days now. Mainly storylines, XP & increased standard rewards.

Hoping for better luck soon as I want to start using my scrimshaw & Sea Singer helm scrolls

the_lad_1.png

As far as I can see you are have either really bad luck or are doing something wrong. As I look to your log usually only one ship succeeds out of three. If it's not just bad luck, it also could point to mistakenly sending the wrong ship with a lower succes rate on a voyage. If you send out a ship from the shipyard menu, not from the ship menu, you usually have to select the right ship to send out. After sending out two ships, you can't go wrong anymore, so that ship has the intended succes rate, explaining the 1/3 succes rate. Then again, it could just be really bad luck.

Everything is double checked and sent from the shipyard. I verify the boat ID, success rate, and results and enter it into a simple application to log it. I just think I am Bad Luck Brian of PoP.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Everything is double checked and sent from the shipyard. I verify the boat ID, success rate, and results and enter it into a simple application to log it. I just think I am Bad Luck Brian of PoP.

What's your sample size now?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

What's your sample size now?

20. I will track until I hit 100 in a week or so then provide a better dataset.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

20 isn't a very large set. I used to remember how to calculate the chance of your particular data set showing up but the statistics math for doing that has escaped my memory, and the correct term to google for some information isn't coming to mind.

Basically one can calculate how likely it is (given the known expected probability function) that you will achieve the results you did. 100 sets would be better. In either case two facts:

1) probability of each ship doesn't depend on any previous or future ships

2) it is random. You only achieve the expected result 80% success (if all ships sent at 80% listed) over the long term as a limit of approaching an infinite sample size.

Hence the data set you got sucks, but isn't necessarily improbable yet (sample size has to increase dramatically before you can really make that claim)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014