chenw

11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

Captain is 2! I had this earlier =C

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Captain is 2! I had this earlier =C

Yep, but I think I let them go to waste, since I honestly didn't need any more captains (I have 5 10k captains). I might use them again once I find out what trait missions Pincer has on offer and if they are worth the effort to change them

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

My DIY account is 20% thru the bowl with not even one 10k captain :(

2s0cxth.png

My DIY account is 20% thru the bowl with not even one 10k captain :(

It seems the upgrades for port buildings that give a boost to better quality crew do make a significant difference. I myself never got even a 2.5k captain before scythe, but been getting them and even a 10k one since getting a few of those building upgrades(also gotten highest tier crew more easily).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I started Pincers with ~80k chimes and went as low as ~10k chimes, but never had too few of them, so it's doable. If you have a bad steel/chime ratio you can always gather some jade/slate and get the steel shipwright/lodgings for max port score.

i dont know, i always was 100k+ chimes through most of bowl and throught all pincers,i have about 170-180k now, 5 10k captains, all steel upgrades and crew. and most building upgrades

Did John Strum really die on the Occultist/Assassin/Whaler final mission? Cause he's standing in my office L

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Did John Strum really die on the Occultist/Assassin/Whaler final mission? Cause he's standing in my office L

He isn't in mine. Did you reload the port already?

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

He isn't in mine. Did you reload the port already?

Oh just did, I wonder though, no gravestone or memorial or anything for him? lol

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Could you guys please post the conclusions of the storylines please? I've been trying to find them and i just can't.

is it worth it to do trade good missions in bowl or should i be focusing more on jade/scrolls to max out ship/buildings and only do trade goods after?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

is it worth it to do trade good missions in bowl or should i be focusing more on jade/scrolls to max out ship/buildings and only do trade goods after?

scrolls -> jade -> trade goods imo...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Definitely prioritize scrolls, but if you're looking for superior sets I recommend doing all the trade good missions you come across (over jade/steel), since storyline rewards don't supply enough to make a full set. Even in Pincers, trade good missions are not so common.

Could you guys please post the conclusions of the storylines please? I've been trying to find them and i just can't.

What storylines are you missing?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I would actually like a full story recap =3. From mission to mission from each adventurer...

Account Help

I would actually like a full story recap =3. From mission to mission from each adventurer...

Rs wiki has full spoilers mission to mission for all the single adventurer ones; it does however lack the trio stories (which I could like info on seeing as none of them seem to of been posted here in much depth either)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm trying to max port score now.

I know someone touched on it a few days ago but I'm hoping someone can summarize for me what buildings I have to build and which I can skip.

For anyone who is actually getting Ox heads at at decent rate, have you upgraded to a stainless steel loggings, I'm getting desperate because I've only got one, the rest of my crew is filled out and nearing on level 10 and I still wanted 3-4 more.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Had the option to get them for a few weeks and only had 3.

Edit: No steel building upgrades.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

ohhfs_zpsd89261f3.jpg

Selling Oxheads

So is it truly best to go 5/5/5 + 4/3/3 for crew or 6/6/6 1-2/3/2-3 like I am right now?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

ohhfs_zpsd89261f3.jpg

Selling Oxheads

So is it truly best to go 5/5/5 + 4/3/3 for crew or 6/6/6 1-2/3/2-3 like I am right now?

First off, I don't like you, lol. Second I'm pretty sure 5/5/5 4/3/3 is better.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

3 oxheads queued ... let me go and shoot myself lol.

Yeah, i was talking about trio stories

Quin Storyline

Part 1: Meet the Partner - Again

[hide]

"Send The Whaler to The Glittercaves, where Shuma lives. He will convince Shuma to take part in your plan."

John Strum calls for a meeting with Hubbub, Zu Zu and Ling, and says that every since they came to port, he's been tracking their backstories through reading their journals and listening to their conversations. After some research, he realised that all their stories with intertwined - Hubbub paid the Death Lotus to kill Quin, Ling was sent to do so, and Zu Zu foiled her attempt. He says that the fates must be telling them something - that they are destined to fight and kill Quin together. John has a plan on how to do so, and the first step is to send Hubbub to convince Shuma to join your forces.

Upon completion, Hubbub convinces Shuma to join your forces, though he mentions to keep Zu Zu away from Shuma should it be revealed that she was the Occultist who sacrificed Shuma's pod.

[/hide]

Part 2: In Memory of Kirau

[hide]

"Send the Assassin to Tattnogi, the home town of Kirau. There, she will attempt to convince Kirau's pirate crew to join you in killing Quin."

The next part of the plan is to send Ling to speak to Kirau's crew; however, she is reluctant as she believes they will kill her for what she did to Kirau. John convinces her that this is not the case - Kirau's crew have been slaying Quin's sea monsters, attempting to keep her isolated on her island fortress of Paradise, and that the crew would bear no grudge against her. You believe that Ling should speak to Kirau's crew; Strum agrees, saying that only Ling can convince the pirates that they've been wronged by Quin.

Upon completion, Ling returns to tell you that Kirau's crew have forgiven her, and will join your plan to defeat Quin.[/hide]

Part 3: Assault on Paradise

[hide]

"Head out to begin the assault on paradise!"

John Strum reveals his full plan - Shuma will have three galleons and your ship tied to her, and act as a battering ram to smash through the walls of sea monsters surrounding Paradise. Once they are close to shore, Shuma will turn and Hubbub will disconnect the ships, running them aground into the shacks of the assassins on the shore. With Kirau's crew taking them out, Zu Zu will head directly to the palace, using her knowledge and immortality to overcome all the traps and obstacles to find and kill Quin.

John Strum suddenly brings up a surprise request - he wishes to join in the battle alongside the trio. Though you try to convince him not to, he remains adamant; he mentions that Quin once took someone from him, and for this reason he wishes to join the final assault.

Upon completion, the trio return to bring news that Quin is dead, though not without heavy losses - Shuma was badly wounded, and as Kirau's crew returned her to the Glitterhalls, she died from her wounds. John Strum, too, died in action. The trio mourn them, though they look forward to their new lives and future expeditions with you.

[/hide]

Hyu-Ji Storyline

Part 1: Hull Down On THe Horizon

[hide]

"The Convict has heard of an offensive by rogue soothsayers; the Biologist has heard of an assault by pirates; the Missionary has heard of Purists planning to wipe out the orphans. But which is true?"

Tomlin, Marcus and Bethan arrive in port with some news for you. Tomlin has heard from his congregation about a planned Purist attack on Hyu-Ji; Bethan disagrees and points out that her data indicates a pirate attack. Meanwhile, Marcus has heard that rogue soothsayers are planning a raid on Hyu-Ji. Since the trio cannot agree, Marcus heads out to the Council of Khans on Flou Tar-Shei to uncover the truth behind these rumours.

Upon completion, Marcus reveals that all three rumours are true. Bethan can't believe that they're being assailed by all three factions, not less on the same day, and supposes that it's not merely a coincidence - Marcus agrees and hypothesises the link - pirates taking the island, Purists killing the orphans and soothsayers harvesting their organs. You instruct the trio to return to Hyu-Ji to warn the orphans, and then return to devise a plan.

[/hide]

Part 2: A Concerted Effort

[hide]

"The Convict and the Missionary are organising the defence. While they prepare the orphans, send the Biologist to Hanto to collect combustible materials."

The trio make assessments of the situation on Hyu-Ji - Bethan has written a full field report, Marcus notes that the town is eminently burnable, with seven or eight possible landing points for the enemy, and Tomlin has added oil-cauldrons to the roof of the church to strength it as a fall-back point. Additionally, Marcus has trained the orphans in fencing, while the Tomlin has armed the church guard with maces and some of his special training. Not wanting to be outdone, Bethan offers to make some explosives, though she needs to procure more supplies from the mines of Hanto.

Upon completion, Bethan arrives back in port with an assortment of goods: sulphates, acids, oils, flash fluids, animal fats and tea. Hyu-Ji, she declares, is now the most flammable laboratory in the world.

[/hide]

Part 3: The Defiance of Hyu-Ji

[hide]

"The attack has begun, and the fate of Hyu-Ji is about to be decided in cannonfire and steel. Rendez-vous with Jered and bring his White Knights to the battle."

While in your office, Duncan brings in a letter from Hyu-Ji, written to you by the trio. Marcus writes that the enemy fleets are approaching, and all three factions evidently working as one as expected. At this point, Tomlin takes up the pen, and writes that Brother Jered is due to arrive to inspect the church; he forgot that they were coming. However, he plans to turn it to their advantage; Brother Jered is due to arrive with ten White Knights, and Tomlin asks that you bring his retinue to Hyu-Ji.

Upon completion, the trio return to port, and declare the defence a success, with Tomlin teasing Marcus for having a getaway boat stocked and ready to go. The trio are amazed by the sea orphan's quick development; they're using Bethan's lab to conduct experiments, Marcus' advisors are running the island, and Tomlin's church is being used for sermons. Additionally, Brother Jered has given funding to the sea orphans to spread the word of Saradomin. The adventurers get going, and Marcus comments that you will go down in sea orphan legend.

[/hide]

Edited by Saradomin_Mage
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

Are the trio voyages glitched or something? I haven't gotten any cutscenes when I started them, only when I completed them.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Are the trio voyages glitched or something? I haven't gotten any cutscenes when I started them, only when I completed them.

They are glitched to not give the beginning cutscenes, except for Hyu-Ji 3 which is glitched to give the opening cutscene of Quin 2 lol.

6Ij0n.jpg

ohhfs_zpsd89261f3.jpg

Selling Oxheads

First off, I don't like you, lol. Second I'm pretty sure 5/5/5 4/3/3 is better.

You're better off getting 5/5/5 + 4/3/3, yesterday i finally got my final pincers seafarer crew to complete my 5/5/5 + 4/3/3.

I seem to get a lot of oxhead, well more than any other crews, but at least all the steel i get from now on can be used to upgrade my ship fully, only 3 more upgrades to fully upgrade my ship. Then i can go back to bowl and get lots of jade to build the scroll telescopes.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.