chenw

11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

Some people just get unlucky crew rerolls.. and a few of my friends complained about "pincers crew" when they really meant ox-heads.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I wish Jagex will hurry up and release 25k/50k and 100k chimes captains. I know they said they were thinking about it and maybe adding some more regions, but i don't see them being added for at least a few years.

I wish i could change some of the random event rewards for something else, The captains re-rolls and voyages re-rolls are quite useless.

I used the lifeboats on al of my ships and i got 1 spare, but as the lifeboats never get used up, the ones i get from the daily random event is useless and chucked away.

What i really want more of is adventurer's re-rolls to try and get the last trio mission...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Current captain progression is 50/100, 100/200, 200/500 and 350/700. 25k captains would be 500/1000 which is already as good as base crew (traits), better than oxheads and other dual crew. Another step up would be crazy, 700/1400? That's 1330/2660 when at level 9, not counting traits. With current ship and crew upgrades, captains would be a huge part of your ships stats:

100% on a 10k triple: 5720/30k = 19%.

100% on an 11.5k double: 4390/23000 = 19%.

100% on a 20k single: 3060/20000 = 15%.

For speed, it's more, easily >40% on singles.

Personally I can only get close to the 100% on scrolls/trade goods for morale singles (maybe also combat once that crew reaches level 10), at about 98-99% without a merchant - with a merchant 90% is the highest doable. Adding another 1330 to those singles would allow you to get 100% on all of them (except maybe sf), and >95% on merchants, but traits get less valuable. I think such a high success rate would be pretty boring.

I think the captain stats, traits and ship/crew stats are balanced fine as-is, especially with captains providing a big chunk of speed as well. At most we could use another tier captain at 20k chimes, but even that's not really necessary.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Current captain progression is 50/100, 100/200, 200/500 and 350/700. 25k captains would be 500/1000 which is already as good as base crew (traits), better than oxheads and other dual crew. Another step up would be crazy, 700/1400? That's 1330/2660 when at level 9, not counting traits. With current ship and crew upgrades, captains would be a huge part of your ships stats:

100% on a 10k triple: 5720/30k = 19%.

100% on an 11.5k double: 4390/23000 = 19%.

100% on a 20k single: 3060/20000 = 15%.

For speed, it's more, easily >40% on singles.

Personally I can only get close to the 100% on scrolls/trade goods for morale singles (maybe also combat once that crew reaches level 10), at about 98-99% without a merchant - with a merchant 90% is the highest doable. Adding another 1330 to those singles would allow you to get 100% on all of them (except maybe sf), and >95% on merchants, but traits get less valuable. I think such a high success rate would be pretty boring.

I think the captain stats, traits and ship/crew stats are balanced fine as-is, especially with captains providing a big chunk of speed as well. At most we could use another tier captain at 20k chimes, but even that's not really necessary.

But i did say new regions as well.... and if it follows the jump from Bowl to Pincers then we'll be needing those captains. Along with whole new set of crews but that a given.

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

So apparently, using the FOTS after my ship had already been sent, worked.

Only need 5 lacquer, 12 plates, and 20 Chi for full sets now.

New regions would be more of the same thing I think, buying another set of upgrades, getting through the low-success rate weeks at the beginning, getting a bit faster trade goods in the end. Pincers is a fine place to end for now. I wouldn't say no to new stories and a series of quest-based voyages (or a PoP-using quest?) but Ports already take about 50 days to get through, which is fine. In the end it's not *that* different from repeating region 1 all over again.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I just want more storylines for the epic amount of rewards at the end =)

Oliboli1992.png

Anyone have a clue of what the PoP rewards are priced atm? That includes scrimshaws and armour.

Also, are these the most awarding port upgrades? (Score-wise)

-Luxurious Bar

-Refurbished Office

-Refurbished Workshop

-Luxurious Lodgings

-Luxurious Shipwright

-Imperial Warehouse

Cause that's what my port is at right now, and I already have 5 oxes, so I guess there's no real point in getting resources anymore (I've been rolling voyages for a few days now in hopes to get trade good voyages), unless I want to get the jade portal I guess (I also have 2 telescopes and 2 jade statues, cause I thought they would, you know, work)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Anyone have a clue of what the PoP rewards are priced atm? That includes scrimshaws and armour.

Also, are these the most awarding port upgrades? (Score-wise)

-Luxurious Bar

-Refurbished Office

-Refurbished Workshop

-Luxurious Lodgings

-Luxurious Shipwright

-Imperial Warehouse

Cause that's what my port is at right now, and I already have 5 oxes, so I guess there's no real point in getting resources anymore (I've been rolling voyages for a few days now in hopes to get trade good voyages), unless I want to get the jade portal I guess (I also have 2 telescopes and 2 jade statues, cause I thought they would, you know, work)

Just sold a scrimshaw of ranging for 500k, so there's that.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Got my full superior set of tetsu. Now I just need the hood for the ranger set and eventually get 90 RC off of daily challenges lol

A word of mouth has it that there is someone out there with only 1 full scroll (or 4 scroll pieces) left to get to complete the entire scroll collection, no proof of it.

Currentlt at 58, i left out a few scrolls over some trios recently, i decided that trio stories were more valuable than scrolls so i went after them

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Bad day for Ports. No trade goods or storyline today. Then got adventurer reroll, and the new adventurers (2 of them) still had no trade goods. So 4 different adventurers and no trade goods. WTF, I don't want 700 steel, for goodness sake. So late into the Pincers, at this point, the least that they could do is make sure that adventurers always have a trade good mission.

I haven't even gotten any port randoms for weeks.

Have you checked by left-clicking both the Barmaid and the Black Marketeer? Usually no random means you have one saved up but not used yet. Everyone I know has been getting them consistently once per day.

God dammit Timmy, I told you not to move when I was taking the picture

dMlGVv3.png

• Like 1

Oxhead and Horseface is said to be really rare right?

I have no idea what to say about this.

Refreshed the top two, bottom was there from yesterday.

5jRC9PT.png

57c4cd463a.png

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.

I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Oxhead and Horseface is said to be really rare right?

I have no idea what to say about this.

Refreshed the top two, bottom was there from yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/5jRC9PT.png

[bleep]er.

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Hey guys! Right so I hit the Pincer region there about a week or two ago, so good so far.

For my ship I've only got the Ram/Figurehead to upgrade and the Blazing Lantern hull.

I haven't begun upgrading crew yet and have the voyage to unlock the Oxhead in my list waiting to be done. Right now my only interest is Tetsu, I've completed the scrolls and currently have 66 Plate. How should I go about acquiring 200? I've been going days at a time without the Whaler and even when he's there, the mission is 5-10 plate. I did have a 25 plate mission from the Missionary, not sure if that was finishing off his story-line though.

T054R45.png

WWZhgKr.png

As far as upgrading the port goes, everything is pretty basic and I haven't done much work on my buildings.

Should I work on my story lines for rewards or what? It's pretty demotivating at the moment as everything appears to be so slow.

I'd much appreciate a push in the right direction!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well the story missions are what I really aimed for first, mostly due to them giving a lot of port score (Really wanted the Admiral rank :P )

The trade goods from them are also good, so although they seem slow, they're a great option to take.

Of course, while focusing your other ships on gathering you steel for the various ship upgrades and crew.

I think you want to get the combat hull and the seafaring deck upgrades and then focus on the crew? I believe that's what people find most effective,

I personally had no strategy for the pincers apart from finish all the story missions and get the 2k port score :P

Also, managed to complete ALL my armour scrolls, have the rocktail soup scroll and now gonna work for a few scrimshaws :D

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

You get a total of 100 plates from story missions if you do all the adventurers and the trios--more if you use merchants and Fortune of the Sea. So make sure you get those done. Other than that, set up two whale trophies and a mammoth skull, do plate missions when they come up, make sure you get all the scrolls, and send your other ships out to get steel for upgrades.

Sadly I failed by first scrimshaw scroll mission, but was a part success... Yet received nothing!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Sadly I failed by first scrimshaw scroll mission, but was a part success... Yet received nothing!

I got partial success on a trait mission and received the trait so...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I got partial success on a trait mission and received the trait so...

I guess partials will still fully give you a reward that's not quantifiable (e.g. new crew member, trait) and only 20% of a quantifiable (resources, goods, scroll pieces).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.