Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Too old to play runescape?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Huge Noob
[ Display Name History ]

Huge Noob

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,016 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Huge Noob
  • RSN '07:Huge Noob
  • Clan:CoE
I don't believe in any kind of age "restriction" on video games, MMORPG's or otherwise. If you enjoy games, then play them. Personally I'm 28 and still play games. Hell, my mother played RS for a few years and got on the first page of the Mining high scores for a while. Usually any person who's saying that games are for kids are generally kids themselves.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • RSN:Caameron
  • Clan:Blessed Souls

I don't believe in any kind of age "restriction" on video games, MMORPG's or otherwise. If you enjoy games, then play them. Personally I'm 28 and still play games. Hell, my mother played RS for a few years and got on the first page of the Mining high scores for a while. Usually any person who's saying that games are for kids are generally kids themselves.

Not going to lie but your mum's pree' beasty.. ahahaha!

Runescape is a haven..

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,433 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I used to think I'd quit gaming (and runescape) when I was an adult, but I haven't yet. Oh well maybe I will later.

n64jive
[ Display Name History ]

n64jive

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,153 posts
Yes and no. Runescape is a game that is extremely time intensive. At some point, you get to an age where you literally don't have much time for anything. You are kind of forced into being too old for it...
Posted Image

TheFifaScaper
[ Display Name History ]

TheFifaScaper

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • RSN:SB
  • RSN '07:SB
  • Clan:Winterfall
Well first off, I dislike the fact that their is "ageism" for video games. In my opinion you are never too old to play any video games, yet alone Runescape.

If you're an adult, and by adult I mean you have your life tigether, etc. then personally that would be the perfect time to kick back and play Runescape.

If you're a kid, you have a lot of spare time and that's also a great opportunity to play Runescape.

tl;dr It doesn't matter what age you are as long as everyone can coexist and realize that they'll grow up one day and perhaps still be playing Runescape at an older age.

Chelsea FC #1

Join My Clan:

QFC: 290-291-830-65346534

Youtube Channel

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts
Guys i hope none of you think that im actually against this subject ahaa! I love runescape man, just putting it out there. :3
But loving all the feedback its great to see alot of more mature people play runescape. :)

Runescape is a haven..

limparse
[ Display Name History ]

limparse

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • RSN:limparse
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional :wink:

2hrmo37.jpg
limparse.png

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I
You guys should play real games like the latest COD: Shiny Guns edition. [/sarcasm]
Luck be a Lady

Galasrin
[ Display Name History ]

Galasrin

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • RSN:Maraxus1199

I don't think you're ever too old for video games.

My kids have a different opinion though. :lol:

Ahaaa, i have a feeling when i grow up i'll be on the computer playing games alot while my wife/fiance/girlfriend whatever it is would be doing the other stuff until im asked to do something ahaha. ;)

Haha! This describes me! Gets me in plenty of trouble with the wife too :P

I have several friends from High School who used to play but now consider themselves too old to play, there are even more firends from college who were too afraid to play in case their peers made fun of them for being too old to play the game. The way I see it, if I enjoy it I'll play it no matter what people think about being too old for the game. While obligations have increased as I've gotten older there still always needs to be time to relax and have fun.

Posted Image

PolarBearBlue
[ Display Name History ]

PolarBearBlue

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • RSN:Polarbearblu
  • RSN2:Ligertype0
  • Clan:HYT

I don't think you're ever too old for video games.

My kids have a different opinion though. :lol:

Ahaaa, i have a feeling when i grow up i'll be on the computer playing games alot while my wife/fiance/girlfriend whatever it is would be doing the other stuff until im asked to do something ahaha. ;)

Haha! This describes me! Gets me in plenty of trouble with the wife too :P

I have several friends from High School who used to play but now consider themselves too old to play, there are even more firends from college who were too afraid to play in case their peers made fun of them for being too old to play the game. The way I see it, if I enjoy it I'll play it no matter what people think about being too old for the game. While obligations have increased as I've gotten older there still always needs to be time to relax and have fun.

I'll be honest, I used to play RS with my dorm room door open. I even got a guy come by and say "Oh yeah, I used to play that. But then high school and college happened. Now the game looks so different. I bet my account is still noob and hackers got to it..." But then I felt weird stares in my back. So slowly I closed my door. Then I realized..."Why do I care?" Now I play in full view of everyone.
29386_s.gif
"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie
[Slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Yak-scythe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak-scythe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 267 posts
Yeah i used to hide the fact that i play runescape, now i'll tell my whole class that i love it because i honestly dont even care ahaa!

Runescape is a haven..

Slayer_Jesse
[ Display Name History ]

Slayer_Jesse

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Slayer Jesse
i remember that the 1st batch of rs tshirts, people asked for injokes that didnt identify with rs. now the nerd pride is on full display. =P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Siggy credits

Atomic Rust
[ Display Name History ]

Atomic Rust

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:Atomic Rust
  • RSN '07:Atomic Rust

I've seen many players in their 30's, several in their 40's and one in their 50's, chronological age has nothing to do with how much you enjoy a game IMO. I know I'll still be gaming for as long as games exist. :P

Atomic_Rust.png

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • RSN:Peever142

Everyone makes choices in what they enjoy.......  I think people who row for enjoyment and do it for 50 years are weird......  but then I get called silly for thinking that.....why do I have to be young to play video games?  I find it most odd that its ok for people my age (25) to play call of duty for days on end but I cant play RS?  I dont hide that I play it but I also dont advertise it.... 

Posted Image

ixfd64
[ Display Name History ]

ixfd64

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:ixfd64
  • RSN2:ixfd64 rs2
I don't think you're ever too old. RuneScape may be geared towards teens, but I've met many players who were parents.
ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer
ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
The thing is gaming as a whole is actually a predominantly adult driven industry the "average" gaming being like 25 or something and generally rising as the 'gaming generation' (like 80s/90s ish kids) continue to get older.

The notion games are for kids is not only stupid, its not even statistically accurate and I'd agree with the sentiment others mentioned - you do what you enjoy it doesn't matter your age, people who try and claim you're 'too old gaming' tend to be immature kids who think they know it all.

I started playing Rs when I was 12, now I'm well enroute to 25 and I don't see myself quitting anytime soon; if anything I've become MORE of a gamer recently since I can (sometimes) afford consoles and games unlikely pocket money brats who can only drool or hope daddy pays for presents.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

GloryIce
[ Display Name History ]

GloryIce

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 124 posts

I'm 21, please tell me I'm not the only one.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

The fact there are people who wear the X Year cape pretty much IS the proof that gaming is for all ages.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

McFaire
[ Display Name History ]

McFaire

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 81 posts

Too old to play Runsescape? Never!

I was "old" by this thread's definition when I created McFaire twelve years ago. I may be away for long stretches, but I always return for binges.

For me, it's not really a question of being too old for games, or even a question of having too many responsibilities. It's just that a lot of things go on in real life that are more exciting, more fun, more thrilling, more compelling, more satisfying.

But there is something about Runescape that always calls me back eventually. McFaire Lives!

Huge Noob
[ Display Name History ]

Huge Noob

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,016 posts
  • RSN:Huge Noob
  • RSN '07:Huge Noob
  • Clan:CoE

I'm 21, please tell me I'm not the only one.

You are most definitely not the only one. I can promise you that 120%.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users