Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Too old to play runescape?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,374 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:blazemovifan

In my opinion, you're never "too old" for anything. Anybody who says that you're too old for something is just an elititist who thinks being an adult means you have to like certain things, which is far from the truth.

I do find killing monsters and claiming their drops to be fun, and I will keep finding it fun for years to come.

It's nice being able to kill monsters.

Paragon
[ Display Name History ]

Paragon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • RSN:-

I also agree that one is never too old to do something. Although as we get older, we get more responsibilities layered upon us. Like the obligation to earn our own money, feed your own self and your family, additional work responsibilities, doing your own household chores, cooking your own food. All these should come before runescape.

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,374 posts
  • RSN:blazemovifan

I also agree that one is never too old to do something. Although as we get older, we get more responsibilities layered upon us. Like the obligation to earn our own money, feed your own self and your family, additional work responsibilities, doing your own household chores, cooking your own food. All these should come before runescape.

About that, I really think it's important to find a job that you like, and find enough time to do what you enjoy doing with your life.

I think enjoying life should be number one priority no matter how old you are.

Yeah, doing something like cleaning up clothes and putting plates into the dishwasher is important. And making yourself food is important as well. But that stuff usually takes a few minutes (except making food which can take over an hour) anybody should give him/herself some time to do what they enjoy doing.

Yamatodamashii
[ Display Name History ]

Yamatodamashii

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts

I'm 22 now and just recently started playing again.

When I first started around 8 years ago, I was friends with a long distance delivery driver who was in his 40s, and another guy around the same age who did virtually nothing but mine and smith.  Both of them were probably the coolest, most helpful guys on my friends list.  I remember the former displaying incredible patience with me when I was going nuts during the Heroes quest.

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

I know older people who play RS. In other MMO's like WoW, I know tons of older people who play. I'm in my early 20s, and I'm the youngest in my raid team.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

Runescape is for hardcore gamers... meaning kids would not play as much as adults who don't have to go to school. My thoughts exactly.

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

People always look to justify their decisions, and Runescape is no different.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Video games aren't football.

Your hand-eye coordination and reflexes don't take much of hit unless you become ill or are approaching 100.

The owner of my company raced stock cars until his mid 60's.

I think the age limit for the average video gamer could be in the 70s or 80s depending on eyesight and health factors.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Video games aren't football.
Your hand-eye coordination and reflexes don't take much of hit unless you become ill or are approaching 100.
The owner of my company raced stock cars until his mid 60's.
I think the age limit for the average video gamer could be in the 70s or 80s depending on eyesight and health factors.

It's less about the physical capabilities and more about the negative stigma of being past a certain age performing an activity that many believe is intended for a younger audience.
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

FLKKA
[ Display Name History ]

FLKKA

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts

I could say it really doesn't matter, because it honestly doesn't. I was playing RuneScape when it was just a paper mache cutout and still playing it today.

From all that time, i've met tens of thousands of people, all who've which been in a huge array of age brackets, ranging out from 10 to 70, because video games, like TV, are just an endless pool of visual stimulation.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,075 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Indeed, although I would say more than just visual.  You're not just completely vegetating - you still need to think and plan, buy/collect supplies, click (although repetitively) to train, etc.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

The average gamer is 25 years old. I read it in EGM. :D

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

Most of us know about The Old Nite who played way back in the day. More then likely was the most well know 'old' player of runescape. I do not believe age has anything to do with playing games....it literally has everything to do if you like games (in this runescape) or not. Health can play another factor as well and I suppose health can eventually make someone stop playing. In my opinion you're never to old to be playing video games. 

http://rsplayers.wik...ki/The_Old_Nite

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users