Sign in to follow this  
bhim

Thoughts on Bones?

So I want to get 99 prayer as my next 99 but I've noticed that the price of dragon bones has risen quite substantially lately. It was under 3k about a month ago and now it's past 4k. This is about a 50m difference from my level, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about whether prayer will get cheaper due to natural market fluctuations and rise/fall, or if the price is not going to go back down. I understand bots have been cleared out for the most part, so that could be an explanation for the price increase, but I just wanted to know people's thoughts on this. Is it time to start buying up bones or can I wait a bit?

If money is hard to come by for your play-style you could always get 95 and hold off on 99 until a fall. If i had to make an educated guess as to why the price has risen it would be because of botwatch, and the fact it's better money for bots to farm on 07.

Low_C.png

I would be willing to say that the price will come down eventually. The RS market is filled with a lot of speculators who inflate and deflate prices based on fears etc. If you are in a rush or just want to save money you could do it the old fashioned way and kill dragons yourself. I used to kill the blue dragons near Yanvill, though that was many years ago and there is probably better locations now.

• Like 1

sigre4.png
999r.png

im not sure who speculates worse, the Grand Exchange or the Stock Market.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The question you have to ask is, will the bots come back. The answer is yes, but for the immediate time period this they are gone, and will probably be so for maybe another month. Also mentioned by Low C, OSRS is better money for bots. It's better money period as people are willing to shell out a lot of RS3 cash for even 1m on OSRS. Money there is a little harder to make.

That said, you could do what Santa said and DIY you bones. You could also work on your Dungeoneering level, melee stats, then herblore levels and get it to 85, 80, 85 respectively for Frost Dragons (Herblore is less important and really not required but really just makes it convenient for Dragons in general). If bots haven't returned by then you could then camp the bones you need for 99 by them if you don't have trouble or even camp them and sell those bones, buy a cheaper prayer method, and use the left over money (if any) for something else. Or you could work on your OSRS account and sell 1m of OSRS for a RS3 cash. If you find yourself making a lot of OSRS money then bone prices in RS3 don't even matter.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]