13-Aug-2013 - The Death of Chivalry

Hedgehog

I'd prefer someone who is honest about himself being a scumbag (or at least make no attempts to conceal it), than someone who is acting a scumbag but comes up with a myriad of excuses. The latter is a politician in a god form :P

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I respect Saradomin's ideals that he's the one willing to do the dirty work so his followers don't have to. That definitely wasn't evident from what we've seen from his earlier days. I have a feeling that if he ever attempted to use the wand during the course of the upcoming wars, his resurrected creatures would turn on them as they had Fern - he tries to be good, and there is a part of him that seems will remain good despite his actions, and the evil corruption in the creatures would seek to destroy that. That's why I had no worries when giving him the wand to resurrect Owen since it seemed I couldn't do so myself. But if the wand drained a part of my "life" I don't think I would've wanted to do it myself anyway. (And that action would've probably rendered me unable to use it for the sequel if I activated the blood barrier just as Owen's corruption makes him unable most likely.)

hzvjpwS.gif

He is trying to look good to me, trying to be good doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have the "if you are with me then I am good, but if you are not with me then I would kill you" mentality.

Most evident in that when you refuse to give him the wand, despite the fact you were on his side, he forcibly takes it from you and makes it clear you are not invulnerable to other gods. That is one of the big signs (at least for me) that he wanted the wand for himself, and not for the greater good (it shouldn't matter who uses the wand, as long as that wand still belongs to that faction). Note that he has no qualms about giving the wand to Owen, because he KNOWS Owen is extremely devouted to him and that giving him the wand is still both effectively his and is great propaganda to his followers, since Owen can now act as a mortal champion of sorts, not to mention that Owen is powerless to actually betray Saradomin. Player on the other hand...

Of course, one could easily argue that he wants to prevent the wand going into the wrong hands, stopping Zamorak raising a massive army of undead using the wand, resurrecting the Centaurs race etc..

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Powerless to betray Saradomin? The minute he loses his fight against his corruption, the wand is no longer Saradomin's. Handing it over to Owen was not as simple as it looked.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Powerless to betray Saradomin? The minute he loses his fight against his corruption, the wand is no longer Saradomin's. Handing it over to Owen was not as simple as it looked.

Except as long as its not in *our* hands Saradomin can use his godly powers to just take the wand. Heck, he was able to take it from us even though we're somewhat protected already.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I find the thing with saradomin getting the wand off of us quite childish.

He couldn't actually use his godly powers on his; he just fired magic at us causing us to instinctively dodge thereby making us drop the wand so he could take it.

For all we know we could've just stood there and his magic would've done nothing to us.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was under the impression that the spell actually hit us and made us drop the wand.

tim_chenw2.png

Nope if you watch the cutscene he fires it, we leap to dodge it. As we face plant on the concrete the wand slips from our hand and he pops over to it to grab it before we can pick it up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Right. Basically though, we have protection, and Owen does not. There's no way Owen is gonna be able to keep the wand if Saradomin does not want him too. (Unless Owen gives it to another god or far more powerful being than himself before Saradomin realizes)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Just so long as he doesn't use the wand to raise legions of fallen White Knights in some misguided attempt to eradicate the Black Knights once and for all.

Although, having to fight back hordes of corrupted knights to help Saradomin take Owen down sounds like it might be a pretty good world event.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Nope if you watch the cutscene he fires it, we leap to dodge it. As we face plant on the concrete the wand slips from our hand and he pops over to it to grab it before we can pick it up.

I thought he used magic to push the wand, which knocked the player and made them drop it.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I've watched it several times and the spell is definitely aimed at you the player not the wand and it does not seem to make contact.

Plv6Dz6.jpg